SFGAmWorld.com
Untitled Document
Park Information
New for 2019
Ride Status
Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Hurricane Harbor Rockford

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby B&MGuy35 on July 20th, 2020, 10:27 am
I figured since the Gurnee park is managing the Rockford park why not start a different thread that’s specifically for the Rockford Park.

It looks like Tidal wave is basically complete. It was added to the same slide complex as the looping slide towards the front of the park.

Image
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

User avatar
 
Posts: 631
Joined: January 11th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Postby JT2002 on July 20th, 2020, 10:38 am
Damn that thing looks sick!
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

User avatar
 
Posts: 272
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Location: Gurnee, IL

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 22nd, 2020, 2:10 pm
Just a heads up to anyone thinking of coming to Rockford, the main food location at the front of the park is under construction. Only pizza, chicken strips & burgers for meal options. And only 1 place has carbonated soda and the line is crazy because it’s the Pizza Place and no one is doing mobile ordering.

On the bright side though there was a problem with my reservation and they didn’t have it for some reason. They did however let me in and were extremely helpful at the front gate.

Here there is someone spraying down all the tubes after every use however lots of people not wearing masks when they’re supposed too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

User avatar
 
Posts: 631
Joined: January 11th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Postby UnclePennybags on July 22nd, 2020, 6:58 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:...On the bright side though there was a problem with my reservation and they didn’t have it for some reason. They did however let me in and were extremely helpful at the front gate...

Wow, that's two waterparks in one week. I'm feeling a tad envious.
UnclePennybags

User avatar
 
Posts: 344
Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 10:22 pm
Location: South of Canada

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 22nd, 2020, 7:27 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:...On the bright side though there was a problem with my reservation and they didn’t have it for some reason. They did however let me in and were extremely helpful at the front gate...

Wow, that's two waterparks in one week. I'm feeling a tad envious.


After our Cincy trip I'll have hit 2 theme parks in 24 days!!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 957
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby UnclePennybags on July 22nd, 2020, 10:05 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:After our Cincy trip I'll have hit 2 theme parks in 24 days!!

Over the last several years, my brother has been spending less and less time accompanying me on the rides and is spending more time smoking cigs and watching people. He's a people person. Anyhoo, last Fright Fest my back was acting up, so I spent time with my bro, just talking, drinking, snacking, and watching people.

That's one thing I'm really going to miss. If you ever choose to slow down and watch all the people that are walking around the park with smiles on their faces, it's really good to see. I don't care if it's groups of friends or families, it's good to see so many people enjoying themselves.

Some analysts are predicting that it'll take years for the airline industry to rebound from the effects of this pandemic. If the same is true for the amusement park industry, I'll be so bummed. I'll miss the people.
UnclePennybags

User avatar
 
Posts: 344
Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 10:22 pm
Location: South of Canada

Postby Coaster Justin on July 23rd, 2020, 7:40 am
What's the better waterpark? Rockford or Gurnee?
802 Coasters in 31 States and 9 Countries. Email me if you want to Know.

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

User avatar
 
Posts: 1979
Joined: October 12th, 2007, 12:07 pm
Location: Park City, IL

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 23rd, 2020, 10:02 am
UnclePennybags wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:After our Cincy trip I'll have hit 2 theme parks in 24 days!!

Over the last several years, my brother has been spending less and less time accompanying me on the rides and is spending more time smoking cigs and watching people. He's a people person. Anyhoo, last Fright Fest my back was acting up, so I spent time with my bro, just talking, drinking, snacking, and watching people.

That's one thing I'm really going to miss. If you ever choose to slow down and watch all the people that are walking around the park with smiles on their faces, it's really good to see. I don't care if it's groups of friends or families, it's good to see so many people enjoying themselves.

Some analysts are predicting that it'll take years for the airline industry to rebound from the effects of this pandemic. If the same is true for the amusement park industry, I'll be so bummed. I'll miss the people.


I'm a people person too! I agree with you about seeing the joy and excitement on people's faces while at the park! I am always talking to people in line wherever we go. It's interesting to find out where people are from, their thoughts on a particular ride, etc. Plus it helps pass the time. If I'm in line for a coaster and I see a kid who's nervous or scared, I tell them the ride is for superheroes! Then I ask them who their favorite superhero is.

I think it's also going to take time for most people to return to some sort of normalcy mentally after this corona panic is gone.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 957
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby ilrider on July 31st, 2020, 2:27 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:What's the better waterpark? Rockford or Gurnee?


Gurnee mainly because it is much bigger. Gurnee has a better lazy river, Skull Island is much bigger than Rockford’s Tiki Island for the kids, it has far more slides, etc. Rockford has some neat attractions like Screaming Lizard and Double Dare Drop, but it does not have a tornado slide, surf simulator, etc.
ilrider

 
Posts: 534
Joined: October 7th, 2010, 8:27 pm

Postby JimPanky on August 4th, 2020, 10:08 am
Is Screaming Lizard still there I don't see it on the app?

Is Double Dare Drop open?

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk
JimPanky

User avatar
 
Posts: 1004
Joined: March 12th, 2013, 7:55 pm
Location: Posen, IL

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 4th, 2020, 3:39 pm
JimPanky wrote:Is Screaming Lizard still there I don't see it on the app?

Is Double Dare Drop open?

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk
It is still there, however I believed it’s closed all season. That’s where the new slide is going so it’s all blocked off. When I was there last Double Dare Drop was open.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

User avatar
 
Posts: 631
Joined: January 11th, 2012, 3:18 pm


Return to Six Flags Great America Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 61 guests

Privacy Policy About Us Copyright Disclaimer E-Mail SFGAmWorld
COPYRIGHT - SFGAmWorld.com
All content and images on this site are Copyright 2001 - SFGAmWorld.com and may not be used without permission.
This is NOT the official site of Six Flags Great America, SFGAmWorld.com is not affilated or endorsed by Six Flags Great America.
SFGAmWorld.com does not make any guarantee on the accuracy of the information on this website and cannot be held responsible by the use of this information.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. ®, TM and © . The official Six Flags site can be found at SixFlags.com
BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of © DC Comics.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.©
The Wiggles Pty Ltd. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.

cron