SFGAmWorld.com
Untitled Document
Park Information
New for 2019
Ride Status
Park Information
Latest News
Park Pricing
Park Map
Accomadations
Current Weather
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

RMC EAGLE?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby anewman35 on June 27th, 2019, 7:11 pm
'World's longest racing roller wooden coaster' really isn't a record anybody cares about, though.

On a personal note, I was one who didn't really see the point of an RMC Eagle because we had Goliath. But then I was totally blown away by Wicked Cyclone and I realized that RMC has plenty of other stuff that could make it different than Goliath...
anewman35

 
Posts: 1214
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Postby jmanporty7 on June 27th, 2019, 10:47 pm
I'm still stand with I've been saying this whole time... Keep it racing or dueling, no chopping off an entire side completely like RMGwaC or Storm Chaser.
jmanporty7

User avatar
 
Posts: 305
Joined: June 4th, 2014, 3:23 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 28th, 2019, 7:54 am
I'd like to know why RMC uses only a couple of different inversions on their rides: Zero G (roll or stall), Dive Loop/Barrel Downdrop and that's about it.

Will they ever use an Immelmann or a vertical loop for example? Will they ever get into inverted rides?

I like RMC but it seems to me that their rides all follow a standard blueprint with the same 2 or 3 inversions they use. Their trains are all the same too. I'm wondering if they will reach a "saturation point" where parks want something different other than their 2 inversions.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 935
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby tp41190 on June 28th, 2019, 10:08 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I'd like to know why RMC uses only a couple of different inversions on their rides: Zero G (roll or stall), Dive Loop/Barrel Downdrop and that's about it.

Will they ever use an Immelmann or a vertical loop for example? Will they ever get into inverted rides?

I like RMC but it seems to me that their rides all follow a standard blueprint with the same 2 or 3 inversions they use. Their trains are all the same too. I'm wondering if they will reach a "saturation point" where parks want something different other than their 2 inversions.


This is why I don't really care for RMC. Sure their first few rides were cool, but now it's just getting kind of annoying. RMC I Box is one of the most flexible track designs to date that could literally do anything. 14 year olds on YouTube can make more interesting RMC coasters than RMC themselves. The rides already don't have a lot of personality to begin with, so when they are all the same, it just gets boring.

I think Alan Schilke said that vertical loops are boring or something...sounds more like an issue with the artist, not the canvas.
[read]
tp41190

User avatar
 
Posts: 1523
Joined: April 29th, 2007, 11:57 am
Location: Denver, CO

Postby Sven18 on June 28th, 2019, 10:27 am
By the silly logic being spouted RMC uses the same elements, than B&M should stop making hypers, inverts,etc... b/c they have the same elements. A bunch of other coaster manufacturers should stop too b/c they use a core group of elements on a bunch of ride.Oh wait, it's the layout, order, length, drop height, etc..of the elements that make them good coasters.
Sven18

 
Posts: 323
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby Sven18 on June 28th, 2019, 10:36 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote: Their trains are all the same too.


Absolute nonsense. Not only does RMC have several generations of trains, the newest ones SF was too cheap too buy, but the trains aesthetics vary...Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Untamed, etc...Literally every RMC has a different train aesthetic.
Sven18

 
Posts: 323
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 28th, 2019, 10:57 am
tp41190 - thanks for your feedback!!! I like your analogy about the artist vs. the canvas.

Sven - Perhaps I was a bit unclear about my point. I was talking about inversions and not necessarily about height, drop, coaster type, speed, etc. Also, my comment was how the majority of their trains are pretty much the same design (ie. Goliath, Steel Vengeance, Outlaw Run) . I was NOT talking about the Raptor trains .
As for B&M, you pretty much proved my point: they make multiple types/styles of coasters, whereas RMC has their blueprint (Goliath, Steel Vengeance, etc).
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 935
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby Sven18 on June 28th, 2019, 11:20 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:tp41190 - thanks for your feedback!!! I like your analogy about the artist vs. the canvas.

Sven - Perhaps I was a bit unclear about my point. I was talking about inversions and not necessarily about height, drop, coaster type, speed, etc. Also, my comment was how the majority of their trains are pretty much the same design (ie. Goliath, Steel Vengeance, Outlaw Run) . I was NOT talking about the Raptor trains .
As for B&M, you pretty much proved my point: they make multiple types/styles of coasters, whereas RMC has their blueprint (Goliath, Steel Vengeance, etc).


Just more nonsense. B&M uses the same inversions on all of them B&M inverts should stop making inverts by your logic. The use the same stuff on all their floorless, Dives, etc... A coaster of the same type will use the same core elements. What part of that is beyond your understanding. It's the layout, order, etc,,,that make them different. No the trains are not the same design. Are you blind? Go look up the trains on all the RMC's.
Sven18

 
Posts: 323
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby tp41190 on June 28th, 2019, 11:21 am
Sven18 wrote:By the silly logic being spouted RMC uses the same elements, than B&M should stop making hypers, inverts,etc... b/c they have the same elements. A bunch of other coaster manufacturers should stop too b/c they use a core group of elements on a bunch of ride.Oh wait, it's the layout, order, length, drop height, etc..of the elements that make them good coasters.


In a little over one decade, B&M designed a sit down, stand up, hyper, invert, floorless, dive, and flying coasters. That is some impressive innovation. People also aren't putting 10 B&M hypers in their top ten lists.

RMC has never come out with anything ground breaking like that. They have the potential to really push the envelope, but they just keep playing the greatest hits over and over.

Anyway, with Eagle...I just hope that whatever they do isn't some generic corporate move that is going to "ruin" Eagle. Six Flags has spent a lot of money doing ride "make overs" in the past (Bizzaro, X2, Green Lantern, etc), so hopefully the same can happen here. Probably not, but it's a nice thought.
[read]
tp41190

User avatar
 
Posts: 1523
Joined: April 29th, 2007, 11:57 am
Location: Denver, CO

Postby JaminOut on June 28th, 2019, 11:53 am
RMC hasn’t come out with anything ground breaking? Was has been RMC’s best seller? Conversions. They are the first and only company continually to make an entirely new ride experience out of an existing attraction. New Texas Giant was revolutionary as the first conversion.

Other ground breaking attractions from RMC include Outlaw Run - the first inverting wooden coaster (sustainable), Wonder Woman/Railblazer - First RMC Raptors (which feature an entirely new track design that decreases the cost of building a coaster by decreasing the amount of supports needed).

On the topic of new elements, Untamed features an outward inverting banked turn. Look it up, it’s pretty cool, something I never would have thought to put on a coaster.

To say RMC hasn’t left their mark with ground breaking and innovative rides is entirely false.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

User avatar
 
Posts: 701
Joined: August 12th, 2015, 8:58 pm
Location: Germantown, WI

Postby Sven18 on June 28th, 2019, 11:57 am
tp41190 wrote:
Sven18 wrote:By the silly logic being spouted RMC uses the same elements, than B&M should stop making hypers, inverts,etc... b/c they have the same elements. A bunch of other coaster manufacturers should stop too b/c they use a core group of elements on a bunch of ride.Oh wait, it's the layout, order, length, drop height, etc..of the elements that make them good coasters.


In a little over one decade, B&M designed a sit down, stand up, hyper, invert, floorless, dive, and flying coasters. That is some impressive innovation. People also aren't putting 10 B&M hypers in their top ten lists.

RMC has never come out with anything ground breaking like that. They have the potential to really push the envelope, but they just keep playing the greatest hits over and over.

A


What part are you missing of the silly whining about RMC. The same coaster type will use the same elements. Whether B&M has different types of coasters is irrelevant B&M uses the same group of core elements on the same coaster types, just like every manufacturer. You people whining about RMC while your wetting your pants over Maxx Force which is nothing unique about it in elements.

RMC has nothing ground breaking other than the entire I-Box concept that literally saved SF from having even more of their cheap clones. Nothing ground breaking like Raptors? LOL...Eventually Trex, which they want to go up to 500ft if someone wants to pay for it.
Sven18

 
Posts: 323
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby IssaCoaster on June 28th, 2019, 5:06 pm
Sven18 wrote:
tp41190 wrote:
Sven18 wrote:By the silly logic being spouted RMC uses the same elements, than B&M should stop making hypers, inverts,etc... b/c they have the same elements. A bunch of other coaster manufacturers should stop too b/c they use a core group of elements on a bunch of ride.Oh wait, it's the layout, order, length, drop height, etc..of the elements that make them good coasters.


In a little over one decade, B&M designed a sit down, stand up, hyper, invert, floorless, dive, and flying coasters. That is some impressive innovation. People also aren't putting 10 B&M hypers in their top ten lists.

RMC has never come out with anything ground breaking like that. They have the potential to really push the envelope, but they just keep playing the greatest hits over and over.

A


What part are you missing of the silly whining about RMC. The same coaster type will use the same elements. Whether B&M has different types of coasters is irrelevant B&M uses the same group of core elements on the same coaster types, just like every manufacturer. You people whining about RMC while your wetting your pants over Maxx Force which is nothing unique about it in elements.

RMC has nothing ground breaking other than the entire I-Box concept that literally saved SF from having even more of their cheap clones. Nothing ground breaking like Raptors? LOL...Eventually Trex, which they want to go up to 500ft if someone wants to pay for it.
You don't need to patronize and demean people when trying to argue a point. Your comments are inflammatory in nature. I suggest you stop. There is no need to insult anyone here.

Anyway, the RMC conversions are ground breaking. Their wooden coasters are ground breaking. They provide some of the best rides on earth at a relatively good price. You can get a similar ride experience as an intamin blitz for less money. The RMC raptors are cheap, and are very compact. T rex will also be ground breaking if they ever get ont up and running. And the first launched wooden coaster?! That's innovation if you ask me. Also, the same elements on RMCs? No element is exactly the same or feels the same. But what matters most is that the gp and enthusiasts eat that up. If it's not broke, don't fix it. If it's doing good, why change it? Now what RMC needs to do is start looking for more ride and rollercoaster types. They need to become more diverse. Like how Intamin is right now.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

 
Posts: 302
Joined: June 11th, 2018, 2:46 am

Postby ChicagoCoasters on June 28th, 2019, 9:49 pm
Don’t wanna be that guy but it seems like most of the people on here that are saying RMC isn’t good enough or RMC is doing the same thing over and over again have only been on one RMC: Goliath. Once y’all ride others you’ll see what RMC is all about. Now let’s get back on topic please.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

 
Posts: 190
Joined: December 7th, 2017, 9:12 pm

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 29th, 2019, 8:57 am
ChicagoCoasters wrote:Don’t wanna be that guy but it seems like most of the people on here that are saying RMC isn’t good enough or RMC is doing the same thing over and over again have only been on one RMC: Goliath. Once y’all ride others you’ll see what RMC is all about. Now let’s get back on topic please.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I would have ridden Lightning Rod in 2017 but it was broken down all 3 days I was there :) Hopefully Steel Vengeance is working in July this year when I go.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 935
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby IssaCoaster on June 29th, 2019, 9:54 pm
Alright, I got a question. Can a sponser help with the cost for constructing a coaster? And if so, how much would it help? Because if that's an option to use in order get a good coaster, I wouldn't mind. Although, The American Eagle getting sponsored is not something I would like to see.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

 
Posts: 302
Joined: June 11th, 2018, 2:46 am

Postby maxwellt on June 29th, 2019, 10:04 pm
So here's what I thought. Idk if this is good or not, so if it isn't please share your opinion. What six flags should do is give every park a 5 year budget. Essentially, you give a park x amount of money to spend for additions for the next five years. Parks like sfgam, sfgadv and stmm would most likely get the most amount of money, and then parks like great escape and la ronde would get the least. That way big parks like us can keep expanding into world class parks, and the smaller parks can get investments that keep building up their park so that they can hopefully get on the level of the big 3 sf parks. The budgets could be calculated on company growth, park growth, projections and all sorts of numbers, and based on those, the parks can be given a budget. Of course corporate will give the final calls, so parks like sf America don't get some sort of crazy giga before one of the bigger parks. That way for us, we could save on a year or two and get something small and then use a good chunk of our money for something big like an rmc eagle. It makes sense to me at least. It also creates a budget more flexible to the smaller parks, so a park like sfstl could actually get a coaster for once. It makes it so the park could be a little more independent from corporate, but of course it all has to be approved by corporate. Idk that's my budget idea, lmk if it would work because it would allow us to build rmc eagle then lol.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
Image
maxwellt

User avatar
 
Posts: 372
Joined: July 14th, 2016, 6:23 pm

Postby anewman35 on June 29th, 2019, 11:18 pm
The thing with any plan posted here is, even if it would work (and I'm not going to pass judgement on that), Six Flags is NOT going to suddenly change how they work and do it. That's just not happening. So saying 'this plan could get us RMC Eagle!' is just kinda silly because there's zero chance the plan is ever followed.
anewman35

 
Posts: 1214
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Postby gottastrata33 on June 30th, 2019, 12:29 am
This is a mess. That’s my contribution.
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 2038
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Chicago, IL.

Postby IssaCoaster on June 30th, 2019, 1:11 am
gottastrata33 wrote:This is a mess. That’s my contribution.
Fair enough[emoji23]. But I think we already answered the question. A majority of the people think Eagle will be RMC'd. Whether it be sooner or later. Now the question is how much money is gonna be put toward the project. My guess is a decent amount. Not anything out of the ordinary. The ride won't be anything more than the RMC conversions Six Flags has already done. Maybe a little bit better if we're lucky. What we're seeing now is people hoping for another Steel Vengeance. Chances of that happening are very slim.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

 
Posts: 302
Joined: June 11th, 2018, 2:46 am

Postby gottastrata33 on June 30th, 2019, 1:21 am
Yeah no. With “Steel Gwazi” on its way, that will take the cake for now. Let’s not be over here hoping for hyper. It’s just not gonna happen. That’s so much height to add. A ride doesn’t have to be huge to be great. There are dozens of coasters out there in the 100ft range that are fantastic rides. & that’s what I’d be hopeful for ...that it would be a good ride. & RMC has yet to make a bad one sooo I’m here for the change. Will I be sad to lose AE as she is now, yes - duh - I grew up with it. But giving it a new dynamic life is not something I’m going to even dream of complaining about. Twisted Colossus is one of my fav coasters I’ve ever been on, Id be thrilled to have one here. Ok. This is now my contribution. ;)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 2038
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Chicago, IL.

Postby JackGlass on June 30th, 2019, 8:50 am
RMC took one of the worst roller coasters in the world (Mean Streak) and turned it into the best roller coaster in the world.

RMC could do wonders with the American Eagle. However, I don't think it will happen given Six Flags current business model and the fact that we already have Goliath.
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 395
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby awefawn on June 30th, 2019, 11:30 am
I really want RMC eagle to happen with all my heart, because the poor thing can’t even duel anymore. Thinking back to all the memories of being 10 years old and yelling and cheering at the train next to me on the huge helix while racing....

I do have my reservations though, as they would most likely take the dueling out/heavily shorten the track (even though if they kept the length it could keep its title of longest dueling woodie, which could be a HUGE marketing ploy)

I think everyone knows at this point it’s either Eagle or Demon that’s getting the chopping block in the next 5 years. They haven’t taken out a coaster since all the way back in 2011 with Iron Wolf, so it is definitely due time for them to take out the trash....... even if it does have its own theme song.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
awefawn

 
Posts: 9
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 7:36 pm

Postby anewman35 on June 30th, 2019, 11:30 am
Height isn't everything. I was on Wicked Cyclone recently and it was amazing.

But I guess I'm in the minority and don't see any reason to think anything will happen with the Eagle anytime soon. Some people are all 'they have to do something soon!', but why? I doubt they want to just remove it, but due to money and Goliath I could understand them being hesitant to do RMC any time soon, so I expect status quo with just minimum required maintenance for the foreseeable future. I'm not saying it's what I necessarily want to happen, but it seems most likely.
anewman35

 
Posts: 1214
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Postby JaminOut on June 30th, 2019, 11:54 am
awefawn wrote:I really want RMC eagle to happen with all my heart, because the poor thing can’t even duel anymore. Thinking back to all the memories of being 10 years old and yelling and cheering at the train next to me on the huge helix while racing....

I do have my reservations though, as they would most likely take the dueling out/heavily shorten the track (even though if they kept the length it could keep its title of longest dueling woodie, which could be a HUGE marketing ploy)

I think everyone knows at this point it’s either Eagle or Demon that’s getting the chopping block in the next 5 years. They haven’t taken out a coaster since all the way back in 2011 with Iron Wolf, so it is definitely due time for them to take out the trash....... even if it does have its own theme song.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Ragin Cajun circa 2013 says hi.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

User avatar
 
Posts: 701
Joined: August 12th, 2015, 8:58 pm
Location: Germantown, WI

Postby JackGlass on June 30th, 2019, 12:01 pm
I wish Six Flags would ditch the "Every park gets something new every year" strategy. Back in 2004 they repainted Eagle and re-tracked nearly the entire thing.... but back in 2004 they didn't add a new ride to every park every year, so the large price tag wasn't a problem.

That strategy was supposed to be a one time thing for Six Flags 50th anniversary, but when Jim Reid Anderson took over, he made it permanent.

I noticed, Six Flags exempts water parks from the current startegy. Not every water park gets soemthing new every year
Last edited by JackGlass on June 30th, 2019, 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 395
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Privacy Policy About Us Copyright Disclaimer E-Mail SFGAmWorld
COPYRIGHT - SFGAmWorld.com
All content and images on this site are Copyright 2001 - SFGAmWorld.com and may not be used without permission.
This is NOT the official site of Six Flags Great America, SFGAmWorld.com is not affilated or endorsed by Six Flags Great America.
SFGAmWorld.com does not make any guarantee on the accuracy of the information on this website and cannot be held responsible by the use of this information.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. ®, TM and © . The official Six Flags site can be found at SixFlags.com
BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of © DC Comics.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.©
The Wiggles Pty Ltd. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.

cron