Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby sfgamnut17 on February 2nd, 2019, 6:17 pm
I get that August is six months away from February when this was created! I was just thinking about the 2020 announcement for 6 flags is only 6 months away! I was thinking a kids ride or a waterpark addition. I'm not thinking anything super huge since we are getting Maxx Force in 2019. I think we are going to be getting something big in 2021 like a American Eagle RMC or a Giga (which is probably not possible. but it's nice to dream!). I hope that 2019 is the year that we say bye bye to the … DEMON
GREAT AMERICA, MAYBE A GREAT DAY IS JUST WHAT YOU NEED THIS YEAR
sfgamnut17

Postby staticshadows on February 2nd, 2019, 7:44 pm
I think we are getting either a Zamperla Giga Discovery like SFMM, SFGAdv, & SFFT or a remodel of the kids areas with Camp Cartoon and Hometown Park being expanded and rethemed. Kidzopolis would be completely removed for future use. I think a new water slide will be added to Magic Waters.
staticshadows

Postby SFGAM_Hog on February 2nd, 2019, 9:42 pm
Yeah, I'd love one of those Discoveries here.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JackGlass on February 2nd, 2019, 9:53 pm
staticshadows wrote:I think we are getting either a Zamperla Giga Discovery like SFMM, SFGAdv, & SFFT or a remodel of the kids areas with Camp Cartoon and Hometown Park being expanded and rethemed. Kidzopolis would be completely removed for future use. I think a new water slide will be added to Magic Waters.

I agree! Except I think we will get a skywarp in Trail Blazers old site (Due to recent clearing) and a concoldiation of Kidzopolis and Camp Cartoon! Demolishing the Wilderness theater and part of the picnic grove to create one solid kids area!

2021, either a dive machine or something like West Coast Racers in Kidzopolis's old site!
JackGlass

Postby sfgamnut17 on February 2nd, 2019, 11:04 pm
JackGlass wrote:
staticshadows wrote:I think we are getting either a Zamperla Giga Discovery like SFMM, SFGAdv, & SFFT or a remodel of the kids areas with Camp Cartoon and Hometown Park being expanded and rethemed. Kidzopolis would be completely removed for future use. I think a new water slide will be added to Magic Waters.

I agree! Except I think we will get a skywarp in Trail Blazers old site (Due to recent clearing) and a concoldiation of Kidzopolis and Camp Cartoon! Demolishing the Wilderness theater and part of the picnic grove to create one solid kids area!

2021, either a dive machine or something like West Coast Racers in Kidzopolis's old site!
If they did renovate/combine kidzopolis,camp cartoon and hometown park. They would turn it into a DC super friends area and a Bugs Bunny Boomtown like the one at Over Georgia. If we did get a Dive Machine I would hope it would be called Deja Vu's Revenge! Just imagine a ride at Six Flags named Deja Vu that doesn't have a lot of downtime!

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
sfgamnut17

Postby JaminOut on February 3rd, 2019, 12:53 am
I don’t think Demon is going anywhere until it becomes a major financial headache (literally zero ridership, very scarce parts, extensive downtime). I could see a flat (frisbee or tourbillion) or a kids area expansion and maybe retheme in Camp Cartoon.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby sfgamnut17 on February 3rd, 2019, 1:28 am
True... but the past couple of times i've ridden it I rode it 4 straight times because no one else was in line and riding it! And it was 70 degrees and nice weather!

sfgamnut17

Postby JackGlass on February 3rd, 2019, 8:12 am
If they merge both kids areas and retheme it to Bugs Bunny Boomtown, I could see them installing one of those SBF/Visa kids spinning coasters and theming it to the Tazmanian Devil! Along with a Sprocket Rocket retheme.

There's a good amount of land behind Camp cartoon, if they remove Wilderness theater and remove that portion of the Picnic Grove behind Goliaths turn around! They could create a really good kids area with that land
JackGlass

Postby sfgamnut17 on February 3rd, 2019, 11:15 am
If I were in charge I would make like a ride like Pandemonium at SFSL.Theme it Tazmanian Devil.

sfgamnut17

Postby MrsTaxi on February 3rd, 2019, 12:41 pm
I'm thinking a complete redo and expansion of camp cartoon. Hopefully, they demolish kidzopolis. :D
MrsTaxi

Postby sfgamnut17 on February 3rd, 2019, 1:07 pm
I hope they demolish that and Dare Devil Dive so they can build a new coaster in 2021.

sfgamnut17

Postby sfgamnut17 on February 3rd, 2019, 1:09 pm
And it would work with my Idea that there is a chance we'll get a dive coaster named Deja Vu's Revenge because Deja Vu was in County Fair and near Kidzopolis and Dare Devil Dive.

sfgamnut17

Postby staticshadows on February 3rd, 2019, 1:39 pm
If they go with a Zamperla Giga Discovery for 2020, there aren't many places it will fit without wasting a bunch of space. I wouldn't mind seeing it replace River Rocker in Southwest Territory and a smaller family flat being added to the former Trailblazer location.

Parks with a Zamperla Giant Discovery
Six Flags Over Texas
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
La Ronde
Six Flags New England
Six Flags Over Georgia

Parks with a Zamperla Giga Discovery
Six Flags Magic Mountain
Six Flags Great Adventure
Six Flags Fiesta Texas

Parks with a Zamperla Midi Discovery
Six Flags Great Escape

Parks without any version of a Discovery
Six Flags Great America
Six Flags Mexico
Six Flags America
Six Flags St Louis
Six Flags Darien Lake
Frontier City

staticshadows

Postby JackGlass on February 3rd, 2019, 1:46 pm
Wow, that looks awesome! If they did that, they could always move River Rocker to Yukon Territory, where it would honestly fit in a lot better!
JackGlass

Postby Ilovthevu' on February 3rd, 2019, 1:56 pm
Back Lot Stunt Coaster in the Black Arrow Coaster's spot.

In reality, probably a toddler's ride.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby sfgamnut17 on February 3rd, 2019, 4:01 pm
I was thinking avout if we could get a giga coaster. We can if they keep it under 330ft. Probably not in 2020 but you never know!

sfgamnut17

Postby JackGlass on February 3rd, 2019, 4:18 pm
I wonder how much a 300 Foot T-REX would cost? B&M Giga's are around $30 Million, I wonder if a T-REX would be just as expensive or cheaper.
JackGlass

Postby staticshadows on February 3rd, 2019, 4:35 pm
sfgamnut17 wrote:I was thinking about if we could get a giga coaster. We can if they keep it under 330ft. Probably not in 2020 but you never know!

Oh Great! Now someone is going to show up and derail this thread with a bunch of CapEx, Earnings Call, and Annual Report discussion. The cheapest way to build a Giga appears to be T-Rex track (due to cost savings on material) and RMC has already said that T-Rex is years away and the cost only makes sense on large coasters between 300-500 feet tall. They are focusing on a new track size between Raptor and T-Rex next, probably similar to the track size on Skywarps.
staticshadows

Postby JT2002 on February 3rd, 2019, 5:13 pm
Here's what's gonna happen:
    1. A removal of Buccaneer Battle, which is way past due
    2. A Skywarp of some sort in SW territory or a quality redevelopment of Kidzopolis.
    3. In 2021, go-karts will be relocated near Maxx Force (depending on how much room is left over) or to
    Camp Cartoon.
    4. Also for 2021, we will be getting a T-rex where go-karts and BB were.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby sfgamnut17 on February 3rd, 2019, 5:14 pm
If/When we get a giant discovery, I would put it where River Rocker is, move the River Rocker where the Revolution is now and scrap it. I would name the new giant discovery Riddler Revenge and put it in Metropolis Plaza. The River Rocker in County Fair would be named The American River Rocker.
sfgamnut17

Postby SFGAM_Hog on February 3rd, 2019, 5:58 pm
We aren't getting a coaster in 2020.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JackGlass on February 3rd, 2019, 8:32 pm
Buccaneer Battle is a total waste of space, just like Kidzopolis! Tear em' down and build a coaster! lol
JackGlass

Postby JT2002 on February 3rd, 2019, 11:19 pm
sfgamnut17 wrote:If/When we get a giant discovery, I would put it where River Rocker is, move the River Rocker where the Revolution is now and scrap it. I would name the new giant discovery Riddler Revenge and put it in Metropolis Plaza. The River Rocker in County Fair would be named The American River Rocker.

This is actually pretty smart because it'd be stupid to have a giant discovery and a frisbee
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby JaminOut on February 4th, 2019, 7:42 am
JT2002 wrote:
sfgamnut17 wrote:If/When we get a giant discovery, I would put it where River Rocker is, move the River Rocker where the Revolution is now and scrap it. I would name the new giant discovery Riddler Revenge and put it in Metropolis Plaza. The River Rocker in County Fair would be named The American River Rocker.

This is actually pretty smart because it'd be stupid to have a giant discovery and a frisbee

And that’s the ongoing debate. Having been on both, they each provide a unique experience a frisbee seems to be more about pinning you against your seat and positive g forces. Discoveries are all about the weightlessness, height, and angle of swing.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on February 4th, 2019, 8:26 am
Me, since Maxx Force is coming then I believe it would be something small. Maybe it's a kiddie expansion or a flat ride like a Giant Discovery or a DECENT skywarp. But what I hope will happen is that Buccaneer Battle would be removed and the Go-Karts would be moved somewhere else, then that would be a good place to put a custom raptor or T-rex.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum