Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Timber Falls Adventure Park closing Avalanche for good

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby rct2wizard360 on May 1st, 2018, 3:39 pm
via Screamscape, RCDB has added to the coaster's page:

The park has stated they would be shutting down the roller coaster for good this summer (2018). No word on if/when the ride will be taken down.

Pretty sad as this thing was an absolute airtime machine and was one of Alan Schilke's hidden gems. Nothing was better than grabbing an unlimited wristband and riding for 50+ cycles in a row on a slow day.
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Share On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Postby Tardis1972 on May 15th, 2018, 9:55 am
That's disappointing because I actually liked that coaster. I didn't find it to be too rough when I rode it last summer. A Gravity Group would be a good replacement.
Tardis1972

Postby FParker185 on May 15th, 2018, 10:57 pm
There won't be any replacement. I'm told once the dust settles, they will officially announce they are removing the flume as well (If they haven't already, I'm a little out of the loop at the moment)
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, El Toro, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Expedition GeForce, SFOG Goliath, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 181, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 661, Wood: 162, Total: 823
FParker185

Postby Tardis1972 on May 16th, 2018, 10:20 am
^ Well that's a shame to hear. There's goes one of my favorite log flumes behind the one at NU.
Tardis1972

Postby coasterjoy on May 16th, 2018, 7:41 pm
This coaster was really rough last fall, but I really enjoyed it's intensity. The banked turns felt very out of control, which kinda reminded me of Voyage lol It will be missed though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterjoy

Postby coasterkidd100 on May 21st, 2018, 3:48 pm
In my opinion this coaster has gotten very rough over the last year or two. I rode it last summer and found it pretty painful. I know they are probably going to tear it down but I really wish they would just retrack it or something. It was such a great coaster when it was smooth.
coasterkidd100

Postby Tardis1972 on May 24th, 2018, 10:45 am
^ Or replace the coaster at least. But it sounds like that's not happening.
Tardis1972

Postby [jonrev] on June 13th, 2018, 12:45 am
This coaster was rough eight or nine years ago, I can't imagine that it aged any better from there - or that they have the revenue/income to undertake a serious retracking effort. Agree that it did have a killer layout, though. One less reason for me to go back to the Dells.
Last edited by [jonrev] on August 5th, 2018, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[jonrev]

Postby Revi on August 5th, 2018, 5:23 pm
I have rode this twice and I LOVE the out of control feeling you get on this coaster. I do not mind the roughness as I like the classic wooden coaster feeling.
Revi

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 5th, 2018, 5:43 pm
I drove past this coaster two years ago not knowing it existed. I begged my parents to go for one ride, we had enough time, but they refused. Now I will never get the credit :(
Sucker for launches and 4D's

Coaster Count: 152
Dan The Coaster Man

Return to General Coaster Talk