Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Fright Fest 2015

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Superman on July 28th, 2015, 11:50 pm
What do you guys think we can expect for fright fest? They had a sign outside where Ragin Cajun used to be that said there will be some type of zombie hunt experience, so that could be interesting. Will the Bermuda Triangle be back? Possibly a new theme?
"Everyone, listen to me! These jerks killed Superboy. They've tried to kill us. Now they say they're going to tear this city apart. I say... like hell."
Superman

Postby chrisisdragon1 on July 29th, 2015, 12:02 am
The zombie experience is going to be put in the wicked woods area according to the new fright fest website ( http://frightfest.sixflags.com/greatame ... eryModal80) In my opinion I don't think its replacing Necropolis and Mausoleum of Terror.
chrisisdragon1

Postby UWW-10 on July 29th, 2015, 10:02 am
I wouldn't be surprised if the park decided to scrap the entire picnic grove area as a haunt area...the area doesn't have the flow like it use to.

Time will tell.
UWW-10

Postby FParker185 on July 29th, 2015, 4:49 pm
would save some serious coin not having to set all that up
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby chrisisdragon1 on July 29th, 2015, 7:51 pm
I was at the park today did any one see the new fright fest vehicle out side Ragin Cajun's old spot I wounder if that a replacement for the hearse. sorry I didn't get any pictures my phone died
chrisisdragon1

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 29th, 2015, 8:12 pm
They seem to be adding something new to that area every day. They added a graveyard since the last time I was there.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby chrisisdragon1 on July 30th, 2015, 3:34 pm
this is a little bit off topic dose anyone remember fright fest in 2008 when they had the fallen giant haunt?
chrisisdragon1

Postby FParker185 on July 30th, 2015, 7:01 pm
I remember them having it, never went through it though, at least not at SFGAm.
FParker185

Postby Viper 88 on July 31st, 2015, 9:02 am
yes I remember, though I didn't go through it. It was also the last time the park has a decent number of fog machines. 2005/2006 had to be the best years for FF fog was everywhere, it was one hell of a party!! I really wish they would bring back JPM, moving it in house did save money but at the cost of themeing/atmosphere.
Viper 88

Postby Stoogie on August 1st, 2015, 1:07 pm
I remember the giant. Really stupid. How about when they had Brutal Planet? That was great.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Candy: What you lookin' at?
Otis B. Driftwood: I'm lookin' at you, mama.
Candy: Yeah, you see something you like?
Otis B. Driftwood: Maybe. I set my standards pretty low, so I'm never disappointed.
Stoogie

Postby RollingCoasting on August 1st, 2015, 4:09 pm
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14940&p=230002#p230002

Hate to backsead mod, but we don't need two Fright Fest topics. Please use the search engine.
RollingCoasting

Postby FParker185 on August 1st, 2015, 7:25 pm
Alice Coopers Brutal Planet is the only haunted house I've ever done at SFGAm back in the late 90's, never cared for people jumping out at you, liked that one since it was mainly special effect based.
FParker185

Postby Stoogie on August 1st, 2015, 8:45 pm
Looking back at it, alot of it was made by Distortions. I thought the Controller was great along with the industrial soundtrack that was in the haunt.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Candy: What you lookin' at?
Otis B. Driftwood: I'm lookin' at you, mama.
Candy: Yeah, you see something you like?
Otis B. Driftwood: Maybe. I set my standards pretty low, so I'm never disappointed.
Stoogie

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 2nd, 2015, 1:19 am
I've never done a maze or whatever for FF. I'm not scared, I'd rather get my rides in. But is it worth giving them a try this upcoming FF? I might look into it one trip.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby goliathaddict on August 2nd, 2015, 12:17 pm
I've worked up the courage to finally try some mazes and haunted houses this fright fest, and to be honest I'm super excited for the Bermuda Triangle and Apocolayplse. Any tips like: how scary is each maze, what time of day is the shortest for lines, appeal, most fun maze, etc.??
goliathaddict

Postby chrisisdragon1 on August 2nd, 2015, 1:04 pm
goliathaddict wrote:I've worked up the courage to finally try some mazes and haunted houses this fright fest, and to be honest I'm super excited for the Bermuda Triangle and Apocolayplse. Any tips like: how scary is each maze, what time of day is the shortest for lines, appeal, most fun maze, etc.??

The apocalypses maze is new so i don't think we would know if its scary or not. There is 2 hunts inside Bermuda triangle called the abyss and Fear.The Abyss is scary when you go though the first time and fear is a very short haunt but it test some of your phobias
chrisisdragon1

Postby UWW-10 on August 2nd, 2015, 1:11 pm
In my opinion, none of them are really "scary" but I'm aware people have different tolerance levels when it comes to "oooga booga" kind of stuff :lol: They all have their share of actors but Manslaughter Manor and Fear (Which was an improvement over 'Total Darkness' from the previous year) had less actors in them than others I suppose.

The park does do a pretty good job of staggering the openings of each haunted house so if you hit them right around their respective opening times, you can get through them pretty quickly (I also don't care if it's not dark outside or not....you're going inside a building anyways).
UWW-10

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 2nd, 2015, 2:17 pm
If you're prepared for what you can expect, you should be fine. Manslaughter Manor was especially good, as in the theming was phenomenal for SF's standards. So yeah, lines are anywhere from 5-20 minutes, so try and do as many as you can. Good luck!

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby goliathaddict on August 2nd, 2015, 3:32 pm
Thanks for the insights guys! I'm a park regular (go every two weeks or so) but I've never been inside one of the houses. I have been to fright fest, and it honestly wasn't that scary even though it was my first halloween event. I'm excited to give the houses a shot! :D
goliathaddict

Postby CoasterCale on August 3rd, 2015, 6:19 pm
We can expect a Frightrful Festival 8) :lol:
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby chrisisdragon1 on August 27th, 2015, 7:50 pm
Fright Fest is less then a month away!!!!!!! Who is excited and share your favorite Fright fest moment I would like to hear them.
chrisisdragon1

Postby Tardis1972 on August 27th, 2015, 10:41 pm
Here's mine. A few years ago me and my friends were on our way to FF (my dad was driving us there) and the front entrance had a back up all the way onto 94 past Washington Street. So we had to get out of the my parents car and claimed over a small rail on the side on 94 and small concert gap to get to Wash St to get to the back entrance. That's right, we actually walked through the back entrance. The person working at the back entrance was kind enough to let us in, even though he said he could get fired if another worker noticed. This was around 2 PM. We got on a total of 3 rides Ragin Bull (4 hour wait), Chubasco(1hour wait) and Ricochet(30 min wait). I don't think any of you guys would of done the same.
Tardis1972

Postby CoasterCale on August 28th, 2015, 10:24 am
My favorite moment was going on Rue Le Dodge with the overlay. I've never done them before last year, it's pretty cool. Personally the only Maze I've done was the Saw Live! I forgot exactly when it was but somehere around 2010.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 5th, 2015, 7:24 pm
There's a MMC preview. It's really cool!

They also have a light/fire show that's going in the reflection pool area in Carousel Plaza. It's amazing! I saw a preview for it, and it'll really be a "warm welcome."

There's also some work going on in Wilderness Theater.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on September 5th, 2015, 7:47 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:There's also some work going on in Wilderness Theater.

I would assume that is for Dead Man's Party.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum