Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

food network shoot 6/12/09

Going to a park and want to meet up with other members of this site. Feel free to post where you will be going!
Postby FParker185 on May 31st, 2009, 11:46 pm
Anyone else here going to the food network shoot at SFGAm on June 12? (It is by invite only).

Best guess so far is that it will be an episode of Dinner Impossible, especially since we were sent a seating time, cant think of any other FN show where there would be a 250 guest seating :)
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Galvan317 on June 1st, 2009, 12:41 am
Although I dont watch the Food Network I had the opporunity to meet Robert Irvine (I think his name is) and Guy something or other when they were demonstrating for the Food & Wine Festival at DCA. Was pretty cool, nice down to earth guys. Didnt realize they such a big fanbase, people lined up for hours just to see them talk.
Galvan317
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby BrianPlencner on June 1st, 2009, 12:48 pm
I'll be there. Looking forward to the event.

Dinner Impossible does sound like it could be what its for. Take a crew of 250 hungry ACE's, and they want to eat NOW! :D

The other thing I thought of was that Food Network did a show on "Ballpark food" where they went to a few different baseball parks, and talked about the food that is there showing how the ballpark can (and does) offer more then just the typical baseball fare (Think Peanuts, Popcorn, and Beer). I forget which ballpark it was, but you could get full course meals (Steaks, ribs, and other high-end food items).

This may be a similar thing, where they show how theme park food is more then "Bags of Cotton Candy", but you can get Papa Johns pizza, Johnny Rockets Burgers, etc.

--Brian
BrianPlencner

Postby Coaster Justin on June 1st, 2009, 2:33 pm
30 Minute Meals with Rachel Ray could Probably seat 250 Guests FParker.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby monsterfan99 on June 2nd, 2009, 12:22 am
My fiancee (who is beyond exited for it) and I will be there.

According to ACE South Ohio Region (http://www.derekclayton.com/soar/) it is just a photo shoot. Which makes seance as most of the shows take a full day for 1 episode.
monsterfan99

Postby FParker185 on June 3rd, 2009, 12:15 am
Six Flags Great America and the Food Network have invited coaster enthusiasts for dinner!! They are looking for 250 people for a Food Network production on Friday June 12th. This is a free event to all coaster enthusiast and their guests (less the gate admission) There is a 3 person limit on guests. All participants will be fed dinner and be a part of something special involving the Food Network. So if you like food (and what ACEr doesn’t?) this is a great chance for a good free meal.
FParker185

Postby BrianPlencner on June 4th, 2009, 12:37 pm
Everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that this event has now been opened up all coaster enthusiasts.

The full information is below.

Thanks,

--Brian

Six Flags and The Food Network invite coaster and park enthusiasts June 12th, 2009

Six Flags Great America and the Food Network have invited coaster enthusiasts for dinner!! They are looking for 250 people for a Food Network production on Friday June 12th. This is a free event to all coaster enthusiast and their guests (less the gate admission) All participants will be fed dinner and be a part of something special involving the Food Network. So if you like food (and what enthusiast doesn't?) this is a great chance for a good free meal.

Registration is 2 - 5 pm.
Event is from 630- 830.
We need RSVPs by June 5.
RSVP to sfgrpr@sftp.com or call 847.249.2133 ext 6100.

Coasters after Dark is also that night from 9 - 11 pm (SF Season Pass holders only)
BrianPlencner

Postby BrianPlencner on June 9th, 2009, 7:57 am
Wanted to pass this on again, as the deadline has been extended to Wednesday, June 10th.

You do need to RSVP at either the e-mail or the phone number below to be included in the event.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Six Flags and The Food Network invite coaster enthusiasts June 12th, 2009

Six Flags Great America and the Food Network have invited coaster enthusiasts for dinner!! They are looking for 250 people for a Food Network production on Friday June 12th. This is a free event to all coaster enthusiast and their guests (gate admission not included) All participants will be fed dinner and be a part of something special involving the Food Network. So if you like food (and what enthusiasts doesn't?) this is a great chance for a good free meal.

Registration is 2 - 5 pm.
Event is from 630- 830.
We need RSVPs by June 10.
RSVP to sfgrpr@sftp.com or call 847.249.2133 ext 6100.
BrianPlencner

Postby traincrossing9 on June 11th, 2009, 2:02 pm
I will be going to this mystery Food Network event and Coasters After Dark that night. According to a Funatics email I got, they will be filming a show there. The email also mentioned a couple rides that would be open for CAD, including Raging Bull, Batman the Ride, Superman: Ultimate Flight, Viper and more!
13 - GateKeeper
14 - Millennium Force
15 - Enchanted Tales with Belle
traincrossing9

Postby FParker185 on June 11th, 2009, 5:15 pm
As usual, all coasters in the park should be open. Generally no flats or anything else though.
FParker185

Postby traincrossing9 on June 11th, 2009, 5:23 pm
^Of course not. Then it would be Coasters and a couple flats After Dark, not nearly as catchy. I've never been to CAD before, so when you say all coasters should be open does that include Spacely's? :wink:
13 - GateKeeper
14 - Millennium Force
15 - Enchanted Tales with Belle
traincrossing9

Postby [jonrev] on June 11th, 2009, 10:43 pm
I will be there for Coasters After Dark most likely.
[jonrev]

Return to Meetings and Gatherings Forum