Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Why Doesn't SixFlags build more woodies?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby NoUseForAName on May 18th, 2003, 9:15 am
I was wondering why Sixflags doesn't build any more woodies. I know Viper isn't an original design but they did a great job cloning Cyclone.
NoUseForAName

Postby coasterzak on May 18th, 2003, 9:29 am
There can't be enough variation in woodies. With previous technology, if you had one or two, you had them all. Now that they can add loops, and different types of wood (the Intamin newer ones) more can be done with the coaster. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can't have a stand up wooden coaster, a floorless, and then an impulse woody.
coasterzak

Postby T_Biggs on May 18th, 2003, 10:07 am
What do you mean if you have 2, you have them all? I've been on 6 (7) woodies, none are the same. None are the same even to itself, if you go on it another time of the day. Zeus blows Eagle out of the air, Cyclops's drop crush's Viper like nothing (but thats the only memorable part of that ride), Pegasus is a funky ride with too many right turns. Gwazi js a POS that is more rough than Shockwave ever was. Sure, you have to basic types, out and back and twister, but there are different kinds of each. Plus you can add racing or dueling aspects (or both,) and there are extreme differences in even the same type. Example: Viper and Gwazi are both twisters. Gwazi has almost no flat non-banked track, where there is that ll over Viper. Every wooden coaster has its own personality. Steel coasters can, too, but not to the extent of wood. Kumba, Montu, and Kraken are all nearly identical in the way they feel, with the main difference being how they ride on the track. Sure, there are a few different inversions (something that should not go on wood.) but it all seems similar, not that thats bad.But anyways, Six Flags probably doesn't build many becuase of the upkeep of them. I hardly ever hear good things about SF woodies, except for SFGAm's. And half the time, people are saying Eagle is horrible. If you ask me, woodies need the love and care only a family own amusement park can provide, so it's good that SF doesn't build many.
T_Biggs

Postby NoUseForAName on May 18th, 2003, 2:13 pm
lol I guess I was confusing. I mean why doesn't Sixflags's coaster company design and build anymore coasters they did such a good job on Viper why stop there.
NoUseForAName

Postby chiatrain on May 18th, 2003, 2:15 pm
Will Six Flags build more wooden roller coasters in the near future?http://www.jaked.org/8ball.cgi?Magic Infinity Ball says "No."
chiatrain

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on May 18th, 2003, 9:21 pm
yes! lol...... i think having a loop on a wooden rollercoaster would be soooo awesome!!!! :D
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby chiatrain on May 19th, 2003, 6:43 am
I would like a wooden roller coaster with a loop as well, but the Magic Infinity Ball will not allow us to have one at SFGAm. I guess we'll have to go to Ohio.
chiatrain

Postby coastrcorey on May 19th, 2003, 4:01 pm
You really think Zeus blows American Eagle out of the air Travis? In my opinion, American Eagle is much better... I mean, Zeus is good, but I just think Eagle is better.
coastrcorey

Postby T_Biggs on May 19th, 2003, 4:07 pm
coastrcorey wrote:In my opinion
Thats your answer, in your opinion. Don't imply my opinion is wrong (and I am not implying yours is wrong, either.)
T_Biggs

Postby coastrcorey on May 19th, 2003, 4:13 pm
I wasn't suggesting your opinion was wrong (I didn't mean to be at least, sorry). I was just stating my opinion on the matter.
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on May 24th, 2003, 11:51 am
And when I said if you had 2, you had them all ... getting technical now Travis, look how is said in previous years. This to me meant about 40 years ago, not too much was different, many coasters were cyclone type coasters and what not. But that wasn't even what the original question was, so I'll let it go.
coasterzak

Postby KingWeeMan on May 25th, 2003, 7:35 pm
Great America should be the first amusement park to ever build a stand-up woodie or something else that is totally out of the ordinary
KingWeeMan

Postby SfGaMownz on May 25th, 2003, 7:46 pm
I don't think so :roll: .
SfGaMownz

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 25th, 2003, 8:54 pm
I just got done riding my favorite wooden rollercoaster in the whole wide world lol. Cornball Express!! I wouldn't mind seeing them put a clone of that into Six Flags lol, but unfortunally that will never happen due to CCI being gone. But what an awesome ride that is!!!!
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby coasterinsane on May 25th, 2003, 10:10 pm
aaaaaah cornball express is nothing but airtime!!!!!! it is the best woodie ever. I have been on that thing 347 times i love it so much!!!!!!!!!!!
---------2006---------
Raptor Crew
Wicked Twister Crew
---------2007---------
Maverick Crew
Mantis Crew
Cad Cars Team Lead
coasterinsane

Postby coasterzak on May 27th, 2003, 2:33 pm
I love airtime. Some argue for different aspects, but I like the airtime.
coasterzak

Postby tacoking1664 on May 29th, 2003, 10:22 am
i love it all. the inversions, the speed, but i still like airtime over anything else. there is no beating airtime.
Eh, what's up?
tacoking1664

Postby coasterzak on May 30th, 2003, 2:15 pm
How can some people favor lateral G's over airtime?
coasterzak

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum