Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Unconfirmed but reliable source

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAM123 on May 17th, 2003, 12:03 pm
I have a friend who is a year round employee at SFGAM. He called me the other day and said that they have started the ball rolling on SFGAMS next new coaster. They have hired surveyors to help with the parks land contraints. For those of you unfamiliar with Gurnee or the surrounding area, the only available land for purchase is just a few acres next to southwest territory parking area, and the owner wants millions for it. Anyways....make sure you are sitting down for this one. While it wont be here for about 3 years (they are shooting for 2006). They have narrowed the possiblilities to two......Are ya ready for this?????? OK1) A Medusa or Scream floorless clone OR2) An Arrow 4th Dimension Coaster Similar to XWhat would you like to see next??????????????????
SFGAM123

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on May 17th, 2003, 12:12 pm
This could just be a big rumor because you can't always trust employees. But, I don't care which one of those two we get, because both would be equally awesome.EDIT: Actually I just changed my mind. I thought a lot about what a floorless would be like (since I haven't ridden one) and a 4D. I would be more interested in a 4D, those look totally insane.
Last edited by DejaVuGurl1203 on May 17th, 2003, 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby SFGAM123 on May 17th, 2003, 12:21 pm
Well I am thinking its not a rumor. I am new to this site, but you can check out my reliability record if you want. His name is Mike Foley and his official job description is Ride Analyst of quality assurance and regulatory compliance. Call SFGAM and ask if he is employed there. He is quite popular and a long time employee. Anyways my whole point is that he told me back in 2000 that we were getting a B & M flyer. I didnt believe him then.........but I do now
SFGAM123

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on May 17th, 2003, 12:23 pm
Well, I guess it would be possible.. But I wouldn't really worry about this now, I'm just gonna enjoy flying.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby SFGAM123 on May 17th, 2003, 12:26 pm
Reason I ask is he has been soliciting me for info on what the enthusiasts would rather see. Me personally.......An arrow 4th dimension
SFGAM123

Postby Aero737 on May 17th, 2003, 2:18 pm
Its not enthusiasts that matter, its the general public. The GP make up probably 95% of the attendance at GAm. Most of the people are from southern Wisconsin or the Chicago city/suburbs. Although what coaster enthusiasts like the GP most of the time likes, SFGAm should keep in mind that not everyone wants a 4D and maybe it wouldnt be that popular with some people. I wouldnt think that SFGAm will build a coaster based only on coaster enthusiast demands.
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby bbplayinfool1 on May 17th, 2003, 2:23 pm
either rides would be great to add on but i would rather choose a 4th dimensional ride like X. that ride looks awesome. if they are to do something like that i would want them to put the exact same vertical drop from the X in SFMM
bbplayinfool1

Postby Soxman on May 17th, 2003, 2:48 pm
I would take X just as long as all the problems are worked out. Right now the last thing I would want is another problem coaster like DeJaVu. The park does need more variety and needs to get away from BM for a little bit, but a floorless would be great also
Soxman

Postby SFGA 11 on May 17th, 2003, 4:58 pm
I don't care which one of those types of coasters SFGAm would get. But, whatever they get I hope it is not a clone.
SFGA 11

Postby ericleister on May 17th, 2003, 5:14 pm
Ya Defanetly, but a ride like X would be pretty sweet, or Madusa. Oh well I really don't care. Just can't wait to see 8)
Six flags freak
ericleister

Postby rctfan1556 on May 17th, 2003, 6:53 pm
very hard choose hmm... i would say a floorless those look insane but ethier one will do but a floorless will go along nicely with the parks coasters.
rctfan1556

Location: My Location is secret. You can't haz! *Hides Location* *Hint: Follow the clues* ;D

Postby T_Biggs on May 17th, 2003, 6:55 pm
I read the first post, and don't need to read the rest. We discourage rumors here at SFGAmWorld. Plus, the only reliable source is park PR, and that's not where it came from.
T_Biggs

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum