Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

How many shows have been at great america?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby ericleister on May 14th, 2003, 4:24 pm
Does any one now how many shows have been at great america? It would be kinda interesting to find out or around how many. But I dout any one nows the exsact. Oh well if any one does write
Six flags freak
ericleister

Postby chiatrain on May 14th, 2003, 4:30 pm
There have been many shows at the park. I believe the Batman Stunt Show was the first show in the Amphitheater. Then have come and gone the Great Russian Circus, WB Western Stunt Show, Chinese Acrobats, and now Espana Extreme. Through the years, there have also been numerous IMAX films at the Pictorium. Then there are Fright Fest shows and Looney Tunes shows added to the evergrowing list. There are also countless others I don't remember or even know about.
chiatrain

Postby ericleister on May 14th, 2003, 4:33 pm
I did not like the Rssian C. did you? I mean it was a great place to cool down at
Six flags freak
ericleister

Postby chiatrain on May 14th, 2003, 4:43 pm
I don't think many of the SFGAm shows are worth watching more than once. The best place to cool off would be in the theater at Orleans Place, Pictorium or other air conditioned theaters/buildings.
chiatrain

Postby ericleister on May 14th, 2003, 4:46 pm
Ya I agre with every thing you said
Six flags freak
ericleister

Postby SfGaMownz on May 14th, 2003, 6:23 pm
The Batman Stunt Show was the greatest show ever 8) .
SfGaMownz

Postby chiatrain on May 14th, 2003, 6:27 pm
The Batman Stunt show is one of my favorites. It's great seeing Batman glide over the crowd when watching it the first time. Also, the Batmobile is great. I believe they used audience members (or stunt workers deployed in the audience) to be a part of the show.
chiatrain

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on May 14th, 2003, 7:34 pm
whoa!!! not true!!! I love...Love At First Fright....now that is a show i'd go to see all the time....and i know a lot of people who go all the time too.....i've never really watched the summer shows...American Rock or Radio Active.....but if i did...im sure i'd like them just as much....i really like the musicals there!!! :lol:
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby Chitown on May 14th, 2003, 7:48 pm
The park also had a circus at one time. That big top tent used as the entrance for the American Eagle use to house the circus. An elephant even escaped and was walking down Washington St.The area where Space Shuttle America and the Go-Karts are use to have a concert stage. They held concerts there on certain occasions.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby chiatrain on May 14th, 2003, 8:00 pm
Now that the concert area has been mentioned, I do remember Bozo being in that area from time to time where Space S.A. is now.
chiatrain

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 14th, 2003, 8:16 pm
I heard about that elephant incident at that old circus. I find that funny. The Batman stunt show was cool. I wish I could remember more of what went on. I heard they have one at SFWoA. If I go there and see it I would watch it over and over. Love at First Fright is a great musical. I watch almost all of the performances they have. :lol:
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby joker on May 14th, 2003, 8:24 pm
I was wondering why they needed a HUGE place to put the line & exit for AE.
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Postby chiatrain on May 14th, 2003, 8:37 pm
Hey coasterswimgurl, is this the RadioActive you know?RadioActive (from sixflags.com)Don't touch that dial! ... RadioActive is N'sync, Britney, Christina, and back to J-Lo. From metal to mellow, ride the rockin' radio waves with the hottest singers and dancers in a non-stop, no-holds-barred celebration of your favorite acts. Tune in, turn on and watch them turn it out!It's at SF Darien Lake this year. I'm headed in that direction next month and saw that. Also, they have concerts there, too, which I want to check out. I'll be sure to check out RadioActive for the first time, too.
Last edited by chiatrain on May 15th, 2003, 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
chiatrain

Postby Dre on May 14th, 2003, 8:55 pm
What's up with your apostrophes? Like in N’sync. I thought I saw something like that before and it was probably in one of your posts; I was just wondering why they looked like that?
Dre

Postby Aero737 on May 14th, 2003, 10:03 pm
I think it is a copy paste error. I see it happen in HTML all the time...maybe a font that this page doesnt support.I've never been to any shows at GAm and I hope to change that this year. After going to WDW this winter and seeing many shows there I got the taste for them. I guess now my trips to the parks dont seem compleat without flat rides (1st one ever on may 6th) and shows. This summer I will definatly see shows and ride more flats.
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby coastrcorey on May 14th, 2003, 10:40 pm
joker wrote:I was wondering why they needed a HUGE place to put the line & exit for AE.
That whole "Circus Tent" queue line used to completely fill up! I've heard the line used to even sometimes extend outside the tent... I can remember waiting in there a loooooong time ago when I was little... Man, that wait seemed like forever.
coastrcorey

Postby ericleister on May 15th, 2003, 5:39 am
Didn't SFMM get the Batman show when they got the clone, or, Hum Is ours a clone or is it the original? :?
Six flags freak
ericleister

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 15th, 2003, 10:37 am
Ours is the original Batman: The Ride, all the other clones came from ours.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on May 15th, 2003, 2:26 pm
yup!!!thats the RadioActive i'm talking about.....i wish i could go there and see it.....they were suppose to have it again this year, but for some odd reason they decided to out in a stuoid iceskating show!!! :evil: .....but i cant wait till Fright Fest so i can see Love At First Fright!!! :lol:
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 15th, 2003, 3:15 pm
I remember when the whole que line for AE was filled and it came out of the tent. Those people must have been crazy to wait that long. It was probably about a 3 or 4 hour line. :shock:
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby joker on May 15th, 2003, 3:17 pm
Also back then I heard they were racing them every time :)
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Postby SfGaMownz on May 17th, 2003, 1:02 am
They were racing on opening weekend I know.
SfGaMownz

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 18th, 2003, 8:46 pm
Today they were racing it!
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby SfGaMownz on May 19th, 2003, 5:46 pm
Yeah, I noticed that to but they seemed to not know what they were doing so the line moved slower then usual. I wonder why they don't know how to race them well.... :wink: :wink: .
SfGaMownz

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on May 19th, 2003, 7:33 pm
whoa!!! bunny trail!!! anyway...is anyone going to bother to see the summer shows?? they sound really dumb to me!!! a kiddie magic show and ice-skating....yuck! :lol:
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum