Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Questions from first timer to SFGAM.

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Slickone on May 14th, 2003, 1:14 pm
What are the best rides at night?How busy do you think it will be May 16 & 17?Considering I'll be there a little over 1.5 days and have 2 kids (1 kid is under 52" so can't ride 5 of the coasters) and 2 adults, should I get a Fast-Lane? Can you pick front or back seat when using it? How much do they cost?If I decide to save some money and leave the park to eat what are good places to eat nearby?I know there's a thread on places in the park to eat, but is there anywhere in the park for non-fried & non-greasy food? BGW spoiled me.Also our first time to Chicago. Any recommendations on places to eat in Chicago? We'll be going to Sears Tower and Michigan Avenue to look around.Can anyone answer a few questions (via email?) about getting around Chicago?
Slickone

Postby T_Biggs on May 14th, 2003, 1:57 pm
For non-greasy food, any Dippin Dots or Lemon Chills fill that void. Nutty Bavarian is roasted, so they aren't greasy, but very sweet and good.In Chicago, there is everywhere to eat, but for the world's best thin crust pizza (I know, Chicago is known for deep dish,) look in a phone book for a Barnaby's. There are a few, one is near O'Hare.Oh, and my views on Fast Lane are that it is evil. And yes, you pick any seat you want. You merge on the rides that have it right before the station, usually on the stairs up to it.
T_Biggs

Postby greatamerica2003 on May 14th, 2003, 2:32 pm
If you want to pick the first row though, then you have to go to the beginning of the line for the first row, depending on where the integration point is. I think thats only a problem in Iron Wolf. The integration point is past where the line for Row 1 starts.Ride to go on that are better at night?BatmanRaging BullCondorSky Trek Tower (awesome view of the park at night)ViperDemonScenic RailwayIt's going to be nice out, so relativley busy, but not too bad. All the season pass holders that got screwed this past Sunday will be out in force.
YOU ARE A FAILURE AT LIFE!
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby Soxman on May 14th, 2003, 2:35 pm
How crowded does eveyone think it will be on Friday the 16th
Soxman

Postby chiatrain on May 14th, 2003, 3:05 pm
Friday is a school day, so it should not be crowded like a Friday when school would be out. However, this Friday, May 16, there is a Marketing Day program at the park. So, the park may be somewhat crowded, but not to the extent that it will be Saturday.
chiatrain

Postby T_Biggs on May 14th, 2003, 4:05 pm
If this Friday is like the same Friday of May of last year, it will be packed. Tons of schools go, for marketing and other trips. In the morning, it will be normal, but once the marketing seminars get out, watch out! Too bad there isn't any Shockwave anymore, that was the only ride that had no line last year on marketing day.
T_Biggs

Postby Dre on May 14th, 2003, 4:09 pm
Our class is going on June 6th, the last day of school for us. Do you think that there will be many other schools there too, and the park be very crowded?
Dre

Postby chiatrain on May 14th, 2003, 4:25 pm
It's hard to predict how many schools will go to the park. June 6th is a Friday, so the park may be somewhat crowded already. Middle schools are more likely to go as they don't really have final exams to worry about. And, most college students will be out of classes by then, too.
chiatrain

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum