Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

clone and one of a kind coasters

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby NegativeGeez on May 14th, 2003, 5:31 am
now, i know that deja vu, v2, batman and superman are all clones. my guess is that viper and eagle are originals (although i dont know for sure, which is why i am asking). what about wolf, bull, whizzer, demon and shock wave? are those all one of a kind rides, or are the replicated at other six flags parks?
NegativeGeez

Postby coasterguy on May 14th, 2003, 6:49 am
Shockwave is exactly like Great American Scream Machine at SFOG and SFGAdv.
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby T_Biggs on May 14th, 2003, 6:55 am
GASM has the vertical flip to the right, not left like ours did. Viper is a mirror image Cyclone, but not exactly the same (almost though. I don't think the original has the double down.) Also, neither Batman or Shockwave are clones, they were cloned. The only difference is that means they were first. Whizzer and Demon are twins of the same coasters at the other Great America, but Whizzer has since been removed from there for many years.
T_Biggs

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on May 14th, 2003, 7:08 am
coasterguy wrote:Shockwave is exactly like Great American Scream Machine at SFOG and SFGAdv.
GASM at SFOG is a wooden coaster... so it's no where near a clone of Shockwave.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby coasterguy on May 14th, 2003, 7:11 am
Your right! Sorry!
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby SFGAMkid on May 14th, 2003, 2:06 pm
I always thought that Viper (SGFAm) and Physclone (sp?) at SFMM were sort of the same becyase they are both are similar to the Cyclone. I could be wrong though.
SFGAMkid

Postby stolen_starz on May 14th, 2003, 5:19 pm
i could be wrong but i think there is another coaster like raging bull. i think i remember seeing the same pic from the raging bull page on sixflags.com used on another coaster on sixflags.com, maybe just cause they look the same? i don't remember, i'll try to find it. but i could be wrong....
Need a break from college homework.. 2004 season, come faster!!
stolen_starz

Postby coastrcorey on May 14th, 2003, 5:21 pm
Nope. Raging Bull is one of a kind. Nitro at GAdv is similar in that they're both hyper-twisters (or whatever). But, otherwise Raging Bull is 100% original. :D
coastrcorey

Postby stolen_starz on May 14th, 2003, 5:26 pm
that's awesome!! lol maybe that's the one that has the same pic in their ride stats page.
Need a break from college homework.. 2004 season, come faster!!
stolen_starz

Postby Soxman on May 14th, 2003, 5:45 pm
Back in 1999 when Raging Bull came out they put Iron wolf on the front of the Park Map and guide. The train is blured out and the IW logo was replaced by the Raging Bull logo. You can make out the riders in the train are standing with yellow restraints. Also the track is maroon
Soxman

Postby SfGaMownz on May 14th, 2003, 6:20 pm
RB was the FIRST Hyper-Twisting coaster 8) .
SfGaMownz

Postby T_Biggs on May 14th, 2003, 6:45 pm
They may claim RB was the first, but Fujiyama (sp?) was a hyper, and came before Bull. Last time I checked, if it came before, it is earlier, and if there is nothing before that, it's first. So, Six Flags was doing a little bit of creative marketing. You know, like how CP said they had the first 200 and 300 and 400 foot tall coasters. (Magnum was after Moonsault Scramble, and Force and Dragster are way after Superman The Escape.)
T_Biggs

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 14th, 2003, 7:08 pm
T_Biggs Fujiyama is a hypercoaster not a hypertwister. You are right about how Magnum wasnt the first 200 foot coaster. Moonsault Scramble was a shuttle coaster so they said Magnum was the first to hit 200 since it is a full circuit. Yes S:TE was the first to hit 400. Yet again it doesnt have a full curcuit so they said that MF was the tallest then TTD is now the tallest.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on May 14th, 2003, 7:15 pm
when i was at MM....i rode Goliath...i think that was sorta like RB....but i though RB was 100 times better!!! lol :lol:
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby SfGaMownz on May 14th, 2003, 7:19 pm
Goliath packs more G's though and is about 50 feet higher.
SfGaMownz

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 14th, 2003, 7:26 pm
I think Golitah is better but not by much. 8)
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby SfGaMownz on May 14th, 2003, 7:28 pm
Yes Goliath all the way 8) . It ain't a clone 8) .
SfGaMownz

Postby coasterzak on May 14th, 2003, 8:46 pm
I heard that the drop isn't as good on Goliath... but that's just what I've heard.
coasterzak

Postby Aero737 on May 14th, 2003, 9:58 pm
I beg to differ on Fujiyama not being a Hyper Twister. If definatly is a hyper coaster (over 200 feet) but it also crosses over itself many times as seen in this picture.http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery ... cture=5Now I would think that that is a Hyper Twister coaster. Raging Bull was the first Hyper Twister in the US. I also talked to my friend once at the park and he also said that RB was not the first Hyper Twister ever.Six Flags likes to find ways to make coasters seem better than they are. Ex. Dejavu-The worlds tallest fastest suspended looping boomerang coaster. I mean comon...you can make anything the tallest fastest if you get specific enough. :roll:
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby Chitown on May 14th, 2003, 10:05 pm
SfGaMownz wrote:Yes Goliath all the way 8) . It ain't a clone 8) .
It may not be clone, but it has a clone. Titan at SFOT is pretty much the same coaster.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby T_Biggs on May 15th, 2003, 2:29 pm
Almost everything is or has a clone. Especially at SFGAm. I think our only unique coasters are Iron Wolf, Bull, and Eagle. Superman is a clone, Batman has clones, V2 is a production coaster, Demon has a twin, Deja Vu is a production coaster, Viper is a enolcyC, and Whizzer had a twin. Past coasters included a bobsled (I think it was unique) but Z-Force was meant to be a production coaster, that never happend, Tidal Wave was a production coaster, and Gulf Coaster had to have been a production coaster, too.Meanings of...Twin: The whole park has a twin, so the original rides are too.Production Coaster: The company designed a ride for anywhere, such as SLCs or Boomerangs.enolcyC: Mirror image Coney Island Cyclone, probably the most cloned woodie in the world.Truth is, none of that matters, if it's a clone, who cares? As long as it's a good ride, more power to it! As long as all major parks have at least a few unique coasters, everything will be fine. There will be new rides to experience, and your hometown favorites. One thing I think I'll miss when I'm at Cedar Point is Superman. I know they are different chains, but if I were to go somewhere like Great Adventure or Over Georgia, I could ride some new rides, and identical rides away from home. It's the best of both worlds.
T_Biggs

Postby coasterzak on May 15th, 2003, 2:34 pm
Yeah I agree, it is so easy to use an already used blueprint and to know that everything works so companies stay with the same types of coasters they know work. That's one reason you see so many clones.
coasterzak

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 15th, 2003, 3:36 pm
aero737 just because Fujiyama crosses over itself a lot doesnt make it a hyper twister. Its not considered a hyper twister its just considered a hyper coaster.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby T_Biggs on May 15th, 2003, 7:07 pm
Ok, want to play the technical game? Raging Bull isn't a hyper twister. It's a B&M mega (or is it speed?) coaster. Intamin makes no hypers, they make Gigas and Megas. Arrow and Morgan make hypercoasters. A coaster generally has 3 general designs. Out and back, twister, and other. Examples of other are Shockwave, Kumba, Montu, and some shuttles, such as boomerangs. If it goes really far, and comes back, it's an out and back. If it crosses over itself a lot, it's a twister. Since Fujiyama crosses itself a lot, and is considered a hyper, and since we aren't anal-specific, it's a hyper-twister. I know you want to defend Bull, but Bull's claim is bull.
T_Biggs

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on May 15th, 2003, 8:36 pm
then why do they call it a hyper twister???? :?
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum