Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

American Eagle, perferred forwards or backwards?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby TwistedSTEEL666 on May 8th, 2003, 10:20 pm
Well for me, I would usually perfer it backwards more then forwards for a couple of reasons.1: When going backward, *repeat after me: I will spell out words.* know it's coming,*repeat after me: I will spell out words.* just don't know when, unless *repeat after me: I will spell out words.* look back.2: It's seems alot faster in the helix and some other parts near the ens of the ride, could just be the blur train itself, cause the red one seems slowish to me. But I don't remember the blue train being that fast in the helix on the forward ride.Maybe the blue train had it's wheels replaced or greesed?But I perfer backwards over forwards......... 8)
SECOND 2014 VISIT: May 24th, 2014.
2014 Season Pass Holder

"Would You Like A Jelly Baby?" - The 4th Doctor (Doctor Who).

Antonio Aguilera
https://www.facebook.com/BEAMER3K
http://beamer3k.deviantart.com/
View my artwork.
TwistedSTEEL666

Postby CoasterDude04 on May 8th, 2003, 10:37 pm
Depends on the mood. I really love Blue's first drop, and the helix backwards is pretty intense. But I love the red's airtime, and bunny hills at the end. I like both a lot so it's hard to decide.
"4 seats are better than 2"- CoasterDude04
CoasterDude04

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on May 9th, 2003, 3:17 pm
i prefer forwards.....going down the hills is more fun....when you do it backwards, its obvious when you're about to go down the hills....and you fall back in your seat instead of rising out of it....so i like forwards!! :D
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby coastrcorey on May 9th, 2003, 4:30 pm
For now I like backwards just because it's new and different, but I think afterwhile I'll like both equally.
coastrcorey

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 9th, 2003, 5:03 pm
I like both equally. I like it backwards because sometimes I still dont know when the drops are coming. I love going backwards in the helix. I also like backwards just because its an all new experience. I like forward because of the air time. I like going through the helix going forwards too. Last year I liked backwards a lot better than forwards. Since Ive been on backwards so many times I think that both backwards and forwards are just as fun. Next time I go to GAm Im going to go on both backwards and forwards because I havent been on it forwards for about 2 years now.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby Coaster_Chick on May 9th, 2003, 10:29 pm
definitely forwards...I did backwards about 6 times last year and I can't stand it. To me the only thing more terrifying than AE backwards is giant drop (I know I'm a freak). I just can't stand that first drop on AE backwards. It's so terrifying to me. I'm not quite sure why....
~Theresa~
*Undercover Line Jumper Ejector*
Trips in '05: 2 Next up: May 8
The Posse
Coaster_Chick

Postby SfGaMownz on May 9th, 2003, 11:51 pm
Backwards, i've ridden forwards so much backwards is a nice change.
SfGaMownz

Postby stolen_starz on May 10th, 2003, 12:28 pm
I would have to say backwards since I have never ridden it forwards. We're going next Sunday after our prom so my goal is to ride it backwards. Anyone else going May 18?
Need a break from college homework.. 2004 season, come faster!!
stolen_starz

Postby SFGA 11 on May 10th, 2003, 1:23 pm
in my opinion blue- backward has a better thrill to it, but red- forward has a better layout and more air time. Will they keep blue-backwards permanently?
SFGA 11

Postby chiatrain on May 10th, 2003, 2:56 pm
I just got on American Eagle backwards for the first time today and it was great. I was hoping that the red side would be running because I enjoy riding it forwards, too. My favorite would have to be riding it backwards.
chiatrain

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 10th, 2003, 3:02 pm
chiatrain, I just read your TR and saw you road Eagle before noon. If you would have went back to Red before you left it probably was operating by then. It usually opens around noon.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby coasterzak on May 10th, 2003, 10:02 pm
BACKWARDS - almost every other coaster in the world goes forwards, so I like to mix things up and always ride backwards. It's a totally different sensation for me, and I love falling into the seat and not knowing what is coming. I guess you can get that from closing your eyes, but then you don't get to see the track appear in front of/behind you. AE backwards is the way to go!
coasterzak

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 10th, 2003, 10:35 pm
I just got back from the park and I like backwards best. This time I got a lot of air time. The trim brakes before you enter the helix didnt even do much so that was cool. It was my second out of many times on the blue side where the blue train won a race. The last time I was on it and the blue side won was in the early 90's. It felt good to win once again. :lol:
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby Blinkcoaster on May 11th, 2003, 1:13 pm
I like front and back Going backwards you have no idea were your going and going foreword its more traditional. Also I always ride the front Going foreword.
Hey it could happen....
Blinkcoaster

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum