Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New name for S:UF --> S:BF??

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 5th, 2003, 4:31 pm
I knew where their head locations are located. You should be proud that they located in Switzerland.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby GamRCFreak on May 5th, 2003, 10:11 pm
I'm sorry if I came off rude. I didn't intend to. All I was saying is that I enjoyed the ride. You are entitled to your opinion.
GamRCFreak

Location: Hinsdale, IL in the summer, DeKalb IL in the School Year (Go Huskies!)

Postby Blinkcoaster on May 6th, 2003, 5:37 am
I love SUF its a great ride! Rides do not neeed to be intense every second of it. I think that SUF packs enough punch through out the whole ride.
Hey it could happen....
Blinkcoaster

Postby CoasterShad on May 6th, 2003, 6:41 pm
I don't really like it all that much either. I mean it was fun but it wasn't as good as I'd expected it to be. I sat back row in the left seat, but I thought it was boring except for the pretzel-loop and the inline twist. I don't know though, I didn't really like Raging Bull at first, so I might just start liking S:UF... I'll just have to wait until mother's day.
"And...Purple. Ohhh, I love purple"
CoasterShad

Postby v2 on May 7th, 2003, 8:44 am
I agree wuth SwissCoaster, SUF BLOWS! Not only is it slow and boring, but it`s short too! (Thank God!! ). I have no idea what B&M were thinking. I rode the Whizzer straight after SUF, and The Whizzer was better!!! The only redeeming quality SUF has is its pretzel loop. That`s it!!! Jim Wintrode actually had the nerve to say that SUF was a good ride because(and I`m paraphrasing) other parks are opening tall, fast rides,while SFGAm is doing something different by opening a short, boring ride. Oh brother!!! Jim Wintrode... who you crappin`?
v2

Postby SwissCoaster on May 7th, 2003, 12:53 pm
Wow!! Finally, someone agrees with MY opinion!Thanks v2!!
SwissCoaster

Postby v2 on May 7th, 2003, 1:28 pm
You`re welcome! It just so happens that I was going to post pretty much the same thread as you, but you got to it first. :) Personally, I expect more from a supposedly "good" coaster than a wimpy, gradual, short drop, a pretty intense pretzel loop, a few shallow swoops, and a super slow barrel roll. It seems to me that EVERY B&M after BTR has become less and less intense. Too bad. :( BTW, I really do think the Whizzer is a better coaster. :D
v2

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on May 7th, 2003, 3:48 pm
r u kidding....now i disagree with that intense part...what about RB!!!!! That is my favorite coaster!!!!!!
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby stolen_starz on May 7th, 2003, 4:18 pm
yea raging bull is a LOT better than batman as far as intensity so i don't know what you're talking about there. plus, like people have said above, if u DON'T like the ride, DON'T ride it, it makes the line shorter for those of us who DO like it and above as stated i think more than once, the object of SUF wasn't only to have your heart in your throat the WHOLE time, it was to give you the experience of flying. i am sure there will be more flying rides eventually that will push the fold even more but for now, this is pretty new, give them a break, and if u think YOU could build a better one, then YOU do that
Need a break from college homework.. 2004 season, come faster!!
stolen_starz

Postby v2 on May 7th, 2003, 4:54 pm
I think I will!
v2

Postby stolen_starz on May 7th, 2003, 5:05 pm
and when you do, please inform me because i will be the 1st in line to critique.
stolen_starz

Postby v10viper488 on May 7th, 2003, 5:29 pm
i duno about you guys, but i thought that superman wasnt very scary, but i thought it was the funnest coaster ive ever been on
v10viper488

Postby stolen_starz on May 7th, 2003, 6:37 pm
v10viper488 wrote:i duno about you guys, but i thought that superman wasnt very scary, but i thought it was the funnest coaster ive ever been on
I agree... it wasn't scary really, except maybe for the loop but it was a great experience. those seats are awesome! lol at first i was kinda nervous goin up the lift hill, i am kinda small, and i felt like i was gonna fall out :shock:
stolen_starz

Postby coastrcorey on May 7th, 2003, 8:23 pm
I didn't think it was scary, I just thought it was extremely awesome! :D
coastrcorey

Postby T_Biggs on May 7th, 2003, 8:48 pm
I just was on it a little less than 12 hours ago, so I can say what I think of it now. Perfect. The pretzel loop is so intense, the rest of the ride is needed to recover and relax! And the final inline twist provides sweet floating time. I see nothing wrong with this ride except it's still only dirt under it.
T_Biggs

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on May 7th, 2003, 9:08 pm
i wasn't scared...i was excited.....but i was more scared of v2 than s:uf!!! lol! :lol:
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby coasterguy on May 7th, 2003, 9:25 pm
Yea so was I!!!!!!!!
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby coasterzak on May 10th, 2003, 10:07 pm
SFGAmfreak4life wrote:Who cares if it doesnt go as fast. I bet that S:UF is a better ride. Im going to Cedar Point in two weeks. I cant wait to rode TTD and the other rides. I think that TTD will be too much for the general public and just maybe in a few years the popularity will die down.
Well no one cares that it doesn't go fast because it isn't a *speed* coaster! Now TTD is made to go tall and fast - no one looks at that and says, it doesn't stay in the flying position enough. All I can say is that people see TTD and they say it's too short or whatever, but don't think of it as a coaster then. Think of it like Power Tower or something like that. People love that ride and it always has a huge line, but people don't complain that it doesn't last 20 secs. If someone said it was a coaster, then everyone would hate it. I have heard friends come back from CP and seen plenty of videos to know that TTD is phenomenal and I can't wait to ride it.
coasterzak

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum