Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Crowd during Memorial Day Weekend

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby chiatrain on May 5th, 2003, 9:46 am
I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on how the crowds are during Memorial Day, specifically that Friday before the Holiday. I'm planning my first trip this season that day, and am thinking that crowds would not be too bad (kids still in school and such). It is a Friday but I'm thinking that it may still be a bit early before it reaches the summer-time weekend crowds. More and more people don't seem to travel away from home these days, though. Anyways, any tips/reports would be helpful.
chiatrain

Postby GamRCFreak on May 5th, 2003, 10:43 am
The majority of the weekend is pretty crowded when I have gone there in the past. Surprisingly, Memorial Day itself is the least crowded.
GamRCFreak

Location: Hinsdale, IL in the summer, DeKalb IL in the School Year (Go Huskies!)

Postby Coaster_Chick on May 5th, 2003, 6:56 pm
last year memorial day was AWFUL!!! I don't know about the rest of the weekend, but that monday was probably one of the worst days I went all last year...I think I waited 3 hours in line for raging bull...it was AWFUL. Especially being spoiled in the earlier weekends in may w/ little crowds, it was not fun.
~Theresa~
*Undercover Line Jumper Ejector*
Trips in '05: 2 Next up: May 8
The Posse
Coaster_Chick

Postby joker on May 5th, 2003, 7:37 pm
I went last year on Monday. It was pretty crowded since school is off and stuff.
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Postby SFGAMkid on May 7th, 2003, 6:11 pm
I usually try to go 1-2 days out of the holiday weekend since my B-Day is usually right on or right after Memorial Day. Fri-Sun isin't bad but Monday does get kind of crowded......VERY Crowded!!! :D
SFGAMkid

Postby linebacker131 on May 7th, 2003, 7:23 pm
my b-day is on or around it my b-day is the 31st
linebacker131

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum