Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

opening day site

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby NegativeGeez on May 4th, 2003, 6:58 pm
so...to show of a few of the pictures and videos i took at opening day, i created a small, simple website. just thought id share it with you all. i whipped it together in the matter of an hour or so...so its nothing spectuacular, but it will be better in time. it has some real bad quality videos (on and off rides)...but...thought youd like to see them.enjoy!*removed for illegal material*the video links SHOULD work...if they dont, just lemme know. click em and after they download they should pop up in your default player. i dont know much about this stuff...and i took the videos with a crappy camera...so dont expect much!
NegativeGeez

Postby chiatrain on May 4th, 2003, 8:05 pm
Nice photos and videos. It looks like S:UF needs some theming and grass to grow, because the Doomsday and Braniac prop look sad without grass around them. Well, they aren't open weekdays, which some give some time.
chiatrain

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on May 4th, 2003, 8:11 pm
Those are some nice videos and pictures. Yeah, it did look a little weird without grass... But we should see some soon!
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby coastrcorey on May 4th, 2003, 8:32 pm
Haha... Nice photos NegativeGeez... Nice "nerds" pictures.
coastrcorey

Postby NegativeGeez on May 4th, 2003, 8:35 pm
hahaha. thanks. those are: my girlfriend (nikki) her sister (katie) my brother (alex) and his friend (matt) and me (blackhawks jersey).
NegativeGeez

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on May 4th, 2003, 10:31 pm
lol!!! nice....you really like to treat your friends nicley dont you? :lol:
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby Aero737 on May 4th, 2003, 10:40 pm
featuring the backs of some couple's heads LOL thats great. I wish I had a camera that could take onride movies. We need more POV's.
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby NegativeGeez on May 5th, 2003, 12:42 am
ill do what i can to get more. itll be a long day when i do batman, demon, and iron wolf though...as those rides make fme black out and/or hurt! also, i plan to get my own (its my brother's camera) camera that will be better quality. this is just a sony cyber shot digital camera...i plan to get a digital video camera...i just hope to get one small enough to sneak on!!!
NegativeGeez

Postby GamRCFreak on May 5th, 2003, 12:54 am
did you just take the camera out after you left the station or what? Every time I try to bring a camera on-ride they tell me to put it away.
GamRCFreak

Location: Hinsdale, IL in the summer, DeKalb IL in the School Year (Go Huskies!)

Postby NegativeGeez on May 5th, 2003, 1:02 am
yeah, its a pretty small camera...so i had it stuffed into one of my pockets (depending on the restraints) and then just pulled it out and got situated on the lift hill. the post ride pictures, in which im holding a camera, are precious.if you check out http://www.themeparkreview.com you will see some increible on ride videos...the thing that gets me is...they all seem to be allowed to shoot them. i dont know if there is a special pass you can obtain, or if its just special treatment due to acer status or something...but it seems all the videos he has shot were with nice, inconcealable cameras, and that the ride ops knew he was doing it...i dunno...but id like to be able to bring a nice camera on board!
NegativeGeez

Postby T_Biggs on May 5th, 2003, 6:50 am
Sorry man, I didn't bother to see if the link actually works, but that video of Dragster testing was not obtained legally. The person tresspassed, as you said, therefore you should realize you should not have it on your site. Also, you broke park rules by taking cameras on the rides. We condone the breaking of park rules, and any time it is made apparent that you did, the offending post, link, or whatever will be removed. Don't do it again.
T_Biggs

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum