Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

deja vu

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby whiteygabe1998 on May 4th, 2003, 9:16 am
quote "--------------------------------------------------------------------------------I went to SFGAm today and met one of my buddies there(my buddy is 40 something). He is one of the most trustworthy people I know so I can trust him on this. He personally knows the park manager and the guy who makes sure all the rides are running right( dont know what they call that job). The guy who makes sure all the rides work told him that Deja Vu might not open at all this year. It is because of ride design deffects. They took off the train. It is closed now because our park was informed about the deffects early enough so for safety reasons it is closed. My friend was also told that if the bugs arent worked out of the ride then in the next few years you might say bye bye to Deja Vu. That will be horrible. Keep your fingers crossed that it will reopen.SFGAm has stopped all advertisements for the ride. If you want to know the truth about why Deja Vu openned late in the 2001 season Ill tell you why. The two other Deja Vu's opened earlier just to see how they would run. Od course they also had deffects. The one in SFOG had a lifter deffect. It just broke one day trying to lift the train up the tower. We sent them all of the pieces they needed for it to reopem. Then since we sent them our brand new pieces we had to wait for the one that was opening in Spain to send us their brand new peices.Also you now know the main reason for Vekoma going bankrupt. They just didnt have enough experience in the ride indusrty and they tried taking on a huge project like this way too early and pushed it way too fast. Im glad it did open though."yea im glad it did to i whant to ride it
whiteygabe1998

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 4th, 2003, 9:17 am
I did not start this again. This time I was quoted. So dont be mad at me.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby T_Biggs on May 4th, 2003, 9:31 am
I know you didn't restart it. If it's locked, leave it. It's locked for a reason. I talked to Dave about this, and he told me lock it.
T_Biggs

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum