Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

S:UF to be a dud

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 2nd, 2003, 2:11 pm
Kevin M. Williams wrote an article for the Chicago Tribune that says that S:UF isnt a very good ride. This article came out today.http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertain ... storyHeres another article that came out today that has S:UF in it.http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertain ... 320.storyI dont care about what that guy wrote. Im still going to ride it a lot.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 2nd, 2003, 2:19 pm
He can say it was a dud all he wants, thats his opinion. Everyone I saw come off the ride at Media Day loved the ride. I thought it was incrediable, I doubt the General Public and most enthusiasts will come off disappointed. I sure didn't.(Edit after finally registering and reading the article:)After reading the article he says the guy from WGN didn't like the ride...I saw that guy he was running around like crazy in a Captain America costume, he rode it a few times and he looked like he was having a blast. He also says ONLY 52mph!! ONLY 52, Viper goes about 50, Demon's less than 50, Batmans and Iron Wolf are also around 50. Does he hate evey ride in the park because it doesn't go 120mph like Top Thrill Dragster! The ride looks slower than it is when you are on it, I didn't find it slow at all. Alright now its time to end my rant against this dumbass "reporter" who was probably too scared to ride it so he just made it up lol.Edit again:OK RANT NOT OVER LOLI quote this line to prove that you have to ride the actual ride before talking crap about it: "When does it get fun? It's going so slowly," wondered WGN-TV's Micah Materre, on-air, as she watched colleague Paul Konrad ride Superman--Ultimate Flight "IDIOTS!! LOL :)
Last edited by CoasterDave316 on May 2nd, 2003, 2:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby CoasterShad on May 2nd, 2003, 2:22 pm
I doubt it'll be bad. Though I can't have an opinion right now as I haven't ridden it, I'm pretty sure when I do ride it tomorrow it'll be my second favourite in the park (next to Viper).
"And...Purple. Ohhh, I love purple"
CoasterShad

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 2nd, 2003, 2:23 pm
Of course Im going to go with what you said cd316. Obviously that guy doesnt know how to have fun. I cant wait to ride it. :lol:
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby Cameron on May 2nd, 2003, 3:49 pm
I was also at media day and thought the ride was a *lot* of fun. Sure, it's no Batman, but the GP will still eat it up.It easily beats V2 and Deja Vu..It's not a ride about speed (although it feels a heck of a lot faster tan 50MPH at the base of the first drop), plus once all the trees are in (and grown) it'll be even cooler.Cam.
Cameron Silver.
Cameron

Postby stolen_starz on May 2nd, 2003, 4:15 pm
yea, i think some people just like to write stuff like that just to draw attention to themselves. (which he obviously did) haha! so it really is better than v2? wow, i really like v2 so i guess i'll really like superman! :) i don't care what he says, i am going sunday and i'm gonna ride it as many times as i can!!! :D
Need a break from college homework.. 2004 season, come faster!!
stolen_starz

Postby Aero737 on May 2nd, 2003, 4:21 pm
i agree with stolen_starz. I feel he was trying to get attention to him or his newspaper by going against the norm. I guess he did it, but it is also his opinion. SO what if one person says the ride stinks, that doesnt make it a bad ride, the rider makes it bad. People always bash DejaVu because it isnt open, or Demon because it isn't big. I love these rides (I love all the coasters) and I just ingnore these comments. I say ride it yourself and then make your descision.
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby stolen_starz on May 2nd, 2003, 4:24 pm
yea i agree aero, it depends on YOU personally i think. if u do'nt like your stomach to be in your throat the whole time :oops: , don't go on something like viper.. lol but if u do, it's for you. some rides just have that one drop but stuff like viper has it over and over again.. i like it! but my dad doesn't so he won't go on that but he likes raging bull, which doesn't make sense in my head, but whatever, he's a weird one ne way. haha but yeah, he did it to be different and he got the attention he wanted. he certainly got cd316 in a frenzy.. hehe lol it's ok, he's a gomer (the reporter), let him think what he wants, he probably DID chicken out. lol
stolen_starz

Postby CoasterDave316 on May 2nd, 2003, 4:47 pm
Yeah I did get into quite a fenzy lol. My Dad even asked "What is this guy High". I guess he wasn't high enough...oh well. :D
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby stolen_starz on May 2nd, 2003, 7:14 pm
obviously he wasn't. he wrote a report like that! lol yea but it's ok, i get mad when people at school are like "why do you go there all the time?" they just don't understand and i wish they could understand how much fun going there is to me. i don't think i could GET tired of it. :D lol
stolen_starz

Postby joker on May 2nd, 2003, 8:34 pm
I got something in the news paper...maybe it was the same guy. But he went on it TWICE..I mean if you think it sucked...why did you go on it 2 times. I mean 57 mph is pretty fast for a 115 foot roller coaster. Also you feel like flying, that has to be one of the funnest.
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Postby coasterzak on May 2nd, 2003, 10:56 pm
Great, one man's opinion... well, we're all gonna love it!
coasterzak

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on May 3rd, 2003, 11:37 am
Ignore this fool, S:UF will rock! :D
Nothing to see here....
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby coasterguy on May 3rd, 2003, 9:57 pm
I got 5 rides on it today and Believe it is NO dud!!!!!!!!!!!
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 3rd, 2003, 10:04 pm
I also got 5 rides on it today and 1 yesterday because of a special event. I love it but it still doesnt beat Raging Bull
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby coasterguy on May 3rd, 2003, 10:05 pm
In my opinion it does beat Raging Bull
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on May 3rd, 2003, 10:10 pm
no it doesnt.....but i respect your opinion, i got 2 rides on it and the second to the last ride!!! oh yea and my bag was stolen because the stupid employee made us keep our bags by the entrance or else we couldnt go on the ride!! :evil: anyway....my favorite part of Superman was the first drop and the pretzel loop, but it doesnt beat raging bull! :D
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 3rd, 2003, 10:12 pm
It is a great ride but the best part about that ride is from the drop and when you go through the pretzel loop but i would place this as #2 or #3 on my favorite coaster list (GAm only). Raging Bull on the other hand the whole ride is exciting. You have to remember that B&M pushed the envelope pretty far for our S:UF. There is not much more you can do to a flying coaster that would actually be safe. So for what S:UF is I think its a great ride.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby SfGaMownz on May 3rd, 2003, 10:20 pm
Not a dud by far. For those wondering if the pretzel-loop was "toned down" compared to the S:UF @ SfOg, let me be the one to tell you that its just as intense. Being on both I noticed no difference between the two still just as great here :P .
SfGaMownz

Postby goldmember on May 4th, 2003, 10:07 am
I got 5 rides on it yesterday. I was shocked at the g's in the pretzle every time. i think its better than raging bull just because i really like the flying concept. Raging bull is great but in my opinion SUF is better.
My Top 5: 1)TTD, 2)Millennium Force, 3)Raptor, 4)Deja Vu, 5)Raging Bull
goldmember

Postby coastrcorey on May 4th, 2003, 11:32 am
Wow... You guys rode it a lot lol... But yes, that ride was great!
coastrcorey

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on May 4th, 2003, 12:12 pm
SUF definitely is not a dud by far in my opinion. I rode it 3 times, once in front and twice in back. The back is really awesome, much better than the front. The G's in the pretzel loop are so intense. The ride just totally blew me away. I like it a little better than Raging Bull.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby NoUseForAName on May 4th, 2003, 8:01 pm
It's definitely not a dud the G's in the pretzel loop are intense i dont think it could be handled at much more speed without getting to intense. Yeah it does look really slow but once you ride it its amazing
NoUseForAName

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on May 4th, 2003, 9:22 pm
It definetly isnt a dud. In the past 3 days I rode it 17 times. Today which is May 4th I rode it 13 times today. The line died down in the past hour and a half.
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby chiatrain on May 7th, 2003, 10:09 am
This is an article from Suburban Chicago news:http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/opinions/columnists/moran/w30moran.htmIn it, the reporter interviewed a few College of Lake Country students for their thoughts about the ride. Some thoughts include a person feeling like he is "plummeting to your death" while another person stated: "One negative: I think I am now impotent."
chiatrain

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum