Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFGAm to sacrafice more rides to build new one(s)

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAmfreak4life on April 20th, 2003, 11:58 pm
You know how the spokesperson for SFGAm stated that the park did not own anymore land so they had to tear down the Shockwave to build S:UF. Since the claim not to own anymore land, which I dont think is true, do you think they will tear down another ride(s) to put a new ride in its place. What do you think they will do?
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby Chitown on April 21st, 2003, 12:06 am
If its for another coaster, quite possibly.However, if they decide to do a flat ride package within the next couple of years, they still have plenty of room for that without taking anything out.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby CoasterDude04 on April 21st, 2003, 10:59 am
Well I think one of the main reseason they had to take Shockwave down was because they had a Flying Coaster coming to the park, and nowhere to put it. I'm sure they can squeeze a custom coaster somewhere, but for a really large coaster, I doubt it. I remember hearing something from one of the executives at GAm that "Great America is in the buisness for building rides, not taking them down" But I guess the past few years didn't go with that statement. Oh well, who know what will happen.
"4 seats are better than 2"- CoasterDude04
CoasterDude04

Postby coasterzak on April 21st, 2003, 11:01 am
Yeah I agree, quite possibly they could get a custom coaster squeezed in somewhere. They could always take out Ice Mountain and then build around onto the midway just a bit.
coasterzak

Postby coastercrazy111 on April 21st, 2003, 11:34 am
Ya Ice Mountain is never open. I don't even think that I've ridden it because everytime I go it's closed. I am totally for removing that ride.
2010 is going to be one to remember forever!!
coastercrazy111

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on April 21st, 2003, 3:18 pm
I like the Ice Mountain Slpash but i guess I wouldnt really mind if they took it down because it practically the same thing as Loggers Run. There is no point of keeping it if its never open. If it was torn down I would like to know what they would fit there.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby coastrcorey on April 21st, 2003, 4:57 pm
Well, it would have to be a pretty compact coaster because Ice Mountain's footprint isn't that big... I mean it's just about (maybe a bit smaller) the size of Whizzers footprint. I mean, something for sure could go there, but it might be limited.
coastrcorey

Postby SFGAmDemon on April 21st, 2003, 4:59 pm
isn't the ice thing run right throught the log ride?
SFGAmDemon

Postby CoasterDude04 on April 21st, 2003, 5:56 pm
Yeah, they run side by side at some parts of the ride. But I believe PGA got rid of their Ice Mountain Splash (it was called Yankee Splash or something close to that) and they put Stealth in it's place. So I'm sure there could be a good sized coaster going over the water and logger's run like stealth does.
"4 seats are better than 2"- CoasterDude04
CoasterDude04

Postby Dre on April 21st, 2003, 6:59 pm
Yeah, I also noticed tha PGA took their's out. And I think it was called the Yankee Clipper.
Dre

Postby T_Biggs on April 21st, 2003, 8:24 pm
Isn't this practically identical to the 2004 topic, only with different wording?
T_Biggs

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum