Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Mother's Day

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby CoasterShad on April 18th, 2003, 9:41 am
I'm going to Great America on Mother's Day because I can take two friends for free, but I was wondering if anyone knows if it'll be busy. I was thinking not many people would be there because it is mother's day, but maybe it'll be more crowded. Any ideas?
"And...Purple. Ohhh, I love purple"
CoasterShad

Postby CoasterDave316 on April 18th, 2003, 11:05 am
Ha funny you should ask, Mothers Day last year was my second best day at the park EVER (The Friday of Last Blast was my favorite).Heres my Trip Report from Cbuzz: http://www.coasterbuzz.com/forum.aspx?m ... D=20701Its a awesome day to go, especially if its raining. And last year was bring a friend for free day too during Mother's Day and it was still very empty so im expecting it to be about the same this year, especially if they predict rain again.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby CoasterShad on April 18th, 2003, 1:30 pm
Thank you for the information, I appreciate it and I'm really looking forward to mother's day. WOOHOO!
CoasterShad

Postby CoasterShad on April 18th, 2003, 1:38 pm
Wow i accidentaly posted twice and i have no clue how to delete this one so...
Last edited by CoasterShad on April 18th, 2003, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoasterShad

Postby T_Biggs on April 18th, 2003, 2:01 pm
I might go mothers day. Someone bribed me into doing something, and the next day she said we could go to Great America, so I said sure, because I knew of Dave's experience last year with Mothers Day. :lol:
T_Biggs

Postby Chitown on April 18th, 2003, 4:00 pm
Hey, unless god forbid your mother has passed away, dont you think Mother's Day should be time spent with "gasp" your mother?Unless of course you take mom with you to the park, then its all good. :D
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby JulieBoolie on April 18th, 2003, 4:09 pm
I was thinking the same thing... wouldn't your mom be a little upset if you weren't home at all on mother's day because you were at Six Flags instead of spending time with her? I know mine would...
JulieBoolie

Postby CoasterDave316 on April 18th, 2003, 5:18 pm
Chitown wrote:Hey, unless god forbid your mother has passed away, dont you think Mother's Day should be time spent with "gasp" your mother?Unless of course you take mom with you to the park, then its all good. :D
Thats my present to my mother lol, a day without me! Honestly its basically just a Hallmark Holiday so if I get her a card she is happy. :)
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby CoasterShad on April 18th, 2003, 7:51 pm
Yea my mom died like, two years ago. I'm gonna like visit her grave the day before so it's okay. She was afraid of roller coasters but she still liked Great America, so she'd probably wanna go anyway! hehe
CoasterShad

Postby coasterzak on April 18th, 2003, 11:08 pm
And just for any of you that might travel to SFWoA... lol... it's not busy at all on Mother's day. However, with one train operations on everything, the lines tend to be long.
coasterzak

Postby SFGA 11 on April 23rd, 2003, 1:23 pm
My friend went last year, he said it was the emptiest he has ever seen the park. Hopefully I will be able to go this year.
SFGA 11

Postby Coaster_Chick on April 24th, 2003, 9:32 pm
I'm going...as long as I don't have to work..what is it, the 11th? or something. I don't know, I'll either spend the day before or the day after w/ my mom. I don't think she'll care too much, I asked her if she wanted to go with me but she said no. Too bad, I don't think she'll mind though...last mothers day I got a tattoo, so just not spending the day with her would be better than getting another tattoo. :D
~Theresa~
*Undercover Line Jumper Ejector*
Trips in '05: 2 Next up: May 8
The Posse
Coaster_Chick

Postby coastrcorey on April 24th, 2003, 10:11 pm
Yikes... A tattoo on Mother's Day? Lol...
coastrcorey

Postby Coaster_Chick on April 25th, 2003, 6:49 pm
yeah, she wasn't too happy with the tattoo idea as it is, but mothers day makes it so much worse. :P
~Theresa~
*Undercover Line Jumper Ejector*
Trips in '05: 2 Next up: May 8
The Posse
Coaster_Chick

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum