Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Dejvu 2003

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby coastercrazy111 on April 23rd, 2003, 8:57 pm
I do think that they will redo the seats on DejaVu. I also do not think that they will do it during the off season. It is always broken down, so they will have all the time to change the seats during the season.CoasterCrazy111,
2010 is going to be one to remember forever!!
coastercrazy111

Postby SfGaMownz on April 23rd, 2003, 9:07 pm
Yes, I think that we are both wrong ont he Six Flags site it says it is a "ButterFly Turn" as someone previously said.
SfGaMownz

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on April 23rd, 2003, 9:08 pm
ok....whatever...who cares!!! call it whatever you want!! :lol:
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby coastrcorey on April 23rd, 2003, 9:12 pm
Yeah, I think it is a Butterfly turn... Six Flags calls the whole ride a boomerang coaster... Hmm. I think boomerang makes more sense than "butterfly turn", but I guess there isn't really a written law of inversions so I guess it could be called whatever we want it to be... :roll: My bad! 8)
coastrcorey

Postby CoasterMan629 on April 23rd, 2003, 9:16 pm
If they are redoing the train I think that would really decrease line wait because when ever I rode it almost more than 1/4 of the riders were confused on what seat to seat in. :? I myself was very confused my first time riding it! :wink:
It's not how high or how fast you build the roller coaster it's how smooth you build it!
CoasterMan629

Postby coasterzak on April 23rd, 2003, 10:59 pm
To jump into the argument... doesn't the inversion greatly resemble the Cobra Roll on Raptor? I may not know what I'm talking about, but it makes sense to me.
coasterzak

Postby Dre on April 24th, 2003, 12:21 pm
A Cobra Roll and Boomerang are the same inversion; just called different names by different companies. I don't think the cross-over on Deja Vu really matters, it's still the same inversion. There can also be inverted and not inverted boomerangs/cobra rolls.
Dre

Postby coasterzak on April 24th, 2003, 2:08 pm
Yes, they are the same thing... just different companies and what not.
coasterzak

Postby CoasterDave316 on April 24th, 2003, 2:19 pm
CoasterDude04 wrote:I thought a boomerang was the element on Shockwave right after the mid-course brake run?
The element after Shockwave's Mid course brake run was called a Pretzel loop, which is why I don't understand how S:UF's Pretzel loop is called a Pretzel loop. Its more like a upside down loop if you ask me lol.As for Cobra Roll and Boomerang, just like the 2 people above me said, they are the same things just different companies names.Just like B&M doesn't call a corkscrew a corkscrew, I think they call it a Batwing or something like that. Somebody correct me if im wrong please.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby T_Biggs on April 24th, 2003, 3:53 pm
Batwings are Montu's boomerang/cobra roll/pretzel loop. Flatspins are corks on B&Ms.
T_Biggs

Postby coasterzak on April 24th, 2003, 3:55 pm
A Batwing occurs with an (if you will) upside down boomerang.http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery ... 4Flatspins are on B&M'sEdit: In the time it took me to get the picture, it looks like T_Biggs got me!
coasterzak

Postby SkaterDude518 on April 24th, 2003, 3:56 pm
Isn't the element after the MCB on Shock Wave called a batwing or something like that. And on S:UF the pretzel loop does look like a pretzel. Im confused. :?
SkaterDude518

Postby coasterzak on April 24th, 2003, 4:05 pm
Does anyone have a picture of the element on SW? I can never find one of that specific element and would like to know what it is... is it just a standard boomerang?
coasterzak

Postby T_Biggs on April 24th, 2003, 4:49 pm
As I recall, Six Flags's website said that Shockwave featured a pretzel loop. This refered to what Arrow originally called the Kamikazi Curve on Orient Express (one of only 2 coasters with interlocking loops) at World of Fun in Missouri. I believe after that, they called it a boomerang, as their Vekoma Boomerang-style double inversion, only seen on Drachen Fire, was called a Batwing. This is not to be confused with B&M's Batwing, which is featured on Top Gun: The Jet Coaster at Carowinds, and Montu at Busch Gardens. Though called a batwing on these coasters, there is no difference other than speed which it is taken, manufacturer, and the fact they are inverted from Shockwave's pretzel loop (Six Flags's name), Kamikazi Curve (one Arrow name), or boomerang (another Arrow name.)How much more confusing can double-inversion elements get!?A little, there is also a Vekoma pretzel loop, which was on the Moonsault Scramble (Vekoma make, though another company sold them, just as Intamin sold Schwarzkopfs and Giovonlas) shuttle coasters in Japan (the first coasters to go over 200 feet.) These were like Arrow boomerangs/Kamikazi Curves, except that they were stretched a little more so the entrance and exit crossed eachother.If you ask me, the best inverion is just a veritcal loop. The only names for it are vertical loop (or just loop), and loop-de-loop. Nothing confusing about either, and they are best at providing raw Gs or excelent hangtime, depending if it's Arrow or B&M.
T_Biggs

Postby Dre on April 24th, 2003, 5:17 pm
Yes, so lets just drop the whole thing about names of inversions now, okay?
Dre

Postby SFGA 11 on April 25th, 2003, 4:08 pm
Coasterdude316- You mentioned that a few other rides as well might not be open, which other rides were they?
SFGA 11

Postby Mforce300 on April 27th, 2003, 9:52 pm
I have been luckey enought to get out to Great America atleast 20 or 30 times during the summer and even more fortunate to have ridden deja vu a good 60 -70 times. Yet i have been unlucky enough to have NEVER BEEN ON IT WHEN IT HAS VALLEYED! I'm so angry it looks like so much fun to just be rolling back and forth. Mabey this year the computer will have a brain fart just as i'm on it! 8)
well ok if you think you are ready ASSUME THE POSITION!The flying position that isSuperman:Ultimate Flight
Mforce300

Postby T_Biggs on April 27th, 2003, 10:11 pm
That sounds like a lie, 60-70 times, I doubt it's even run 10-20 ;-)
T_Biggs

Postby Aero737 on April 27th, 2003, 10:12 pm
well then! I dont think i have ever heard someone ask for a coaster to vally. Allbiet fun, I would rather get to ride the coaster another 2-3 times then to miss rides the rest of the day or other visits.
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on April 27th, 2003, 10:18 pm
trust me...i believe mforce300 has ridden it that many times!!!! my brother has ridden it about that much!!! and i agree...i think it would be fun to get stuck on it.... i've been stuck on iron wolf(on the lift hill) , and on deja vu when it was just coming back into the station, they had to pull it back and push it forwards, and another time i got stuck in the seat....when it went through the loop..the whole harness clipped down and they had to come over, shove it in my stomach really hard and pull it up...it hurt too!!! lol...but its kinda fun!!! :wink:
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby coastrcorey on April 27th, 2003, 10:21 pm
Yep... Row 4a, the seat on the opposite side of the queue line (it's a wing seat). That exact seat has problems. That same exact thing has happened to me swimgurl, only TWICE in the SAME SEAT! It sucks, and it's kinda embarassing lol ;).
Last edited by coastrcorey on April 27th, 2003, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coastrcorey

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on April 27th, 2003, 10:27 pm
yea....i though every1 was gonna think i was a hunker...lol....but it took a while for them to figure out what was wrong with the seat!!! lol :wink:
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby CoasterMan629 on April 28th, 2003, 5:46 pm
- Why did Vekoma come up with these type of seats? I recal so the all the riders could get a front row view or somthing like that?- What do you all think is the worst seat on the ride?- Me I think all the seats inside l>l>l>l>l> the part where the metal wall or whatever you call it closes up, woah that really tests if your clausterphobic or not. :lol: But its very interesting reading those pictures on the metal walls though. :wink:- Hope I sorta made sence*
It's not how high or how fast you build the roller coaster it's how smooth you build it!
CoasterMan629

Postby Do I Know You on April 28th, 2003, 5:51 pm
- Why did Vekoma come up with these type of seats? I recal so the all the riders could get a front row view or somthing like that? I think they did it so they could legally have 4 across seats. B&M copyrighted the regular 4 across inverted seats.- What do you all think is the worst seat on the ride? I think it's near the middle all the way at the right. You just don't get the full effect.
this is a signature
Do I Know You

Postby T_Biggs on April 28th, 2003, 7:56 pm
If B&M copyrighted 4-across seating, they are as bad as Apple for patenting system icons. Not to mention Intamin and Arrow both have 4-across, and the Arrow is new, and one of the Intamins built well after B&M was formed.
T_Biggs

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum