Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Clues

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Dre on April 13th, 2003, 5:48 pm
I was surfing the net a while ago looking a GAm pictures. I was at http://www.negative-g.com/SFGAM/SFGAM-Index.html . In the 2002 section, on pages 2 and 14, it says that apparently Great America had placed Superman clothing and stuff in store windows and things like that secretly giving clues away about the coming ride. I thought that was pretty cool. Did anyone else notice it when they were there last year? Another thing that I noticed was on the 2002 park map, it says Batman, Superman, and all related characters and elements are....(blah blah blah). Why would they say Superman? It must be about Superman: Ultimate Flight or something. And who knows... maybe this year there will be more hints about future rides?....
Dre

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on April 13th, 2003, 6:08 pm
yeah i noticed that!!! i just never thought of it hinting a new rollercoaster....i guess im kinda slow? lol......i dont think they'd have n e hints of a new rollercoaster this year.....maybe 2004!!!~~~19 days!!!!!~~~:lol:
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby coasterinsane on April 13th, 2003, 7:01 pm
Yes. i saw that like 4 weeks into the season and i new then that we would get a superman ride next year.
---------2006---------
Raptor Crew
Wicked Twister Crew
---------2007---------
Maverick Crew
Mantis Crew
Cad Cars Team Lead
coasterinsane

Postby coastrcorey on April 13th, 2003, 7:10 pm
I definately noticed... In June, me, my girlfriend, my cousin, and my dad were at GAm in one of the shops, and I saw all this Superman stuff... I said, "Gee, you'd think we're getting a new rollercoaster or something!". I had absolutely NO clue we were getting a Superman... I just thought that since Superman and Batman were kind of a 'Six Flags' thing, that maybe they put them in shops in every park...
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on April 13th, 2003, 7:14 pm
They do, do that though. SFWoA had superman and batman stuff before it had either rides. Does that make much sense? Well, I guess then they got both of them next year and the generic superman shirts went to superman ultimate escape and batman went to batman knight flight. Hmm.. maybe you guys are right!
coasterzak

Postby T_Biggs on April 13th, 2003, 7:50 pm
I'm sure all SF parks have both Batman and Superman merchandise regardless of the rides they have. They do have the rights to DC comics, after all, so why let it go to waste? I do recall seeing the window full of Superman merchandise in Hometown Square last year after someone (probably Dave) told me to look there. I figured that I didn't care! I already knew what was going on for months, with the exception on some last minute changes which nobody saw comming.
T_Biggs

Postby CoasterDave316 on April 13th, 2003, 7:54 pm
The Superman shirts were there during the 2001 season to im pretty sure so I wouldn't consider it a sign. During Last Blast when I was looking through the shops they had T-shirts for basically every superhero. I think I even saw a T-shirt for a ride that wasn't even in our park, can't remember what it was though.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby Dre on April 13th, 2003, 7:54 pm
Yeah I kinda thought that too that maybe they actually are just selling the merchandise, but maybe not...
Dre

Postby TooTired on April 14th, 2003, 12:26 am
I remember the store next to B:TR used to always have Superman stuff. Now its a stupid virtual reality or something. They should go back the superhero merchandise.
TooTired

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on April 14th, 2003, 7:14 am
CoasterDude316 wrote:I think I even saw a T-shirt for a ride that wasn't even in our park, can't remember what it was though.
Yeah, I remember seeing one of those. I think the one I saw was Riddler's Revenge.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby CoasterDude04 on April 14th, 2003, 4:55 pm
Those Superman T-Shirts have been there for a while. I know that since I bought one before the 2001 season. (Before V2/Deja Vu) I don't think they were advertised as much as they were this past season (In the windows) But I knew they existed. I remember hoping that we were going to get a Superman like at Magic Mountain, lol...Good times.
"4 seats are better than 2"- CoasterDude04
CoasterDude04

Postby chiatrain on April 14th, 2003, 5:04 pm
Hey CoasterDude, are you talking about Superman: Escape, the one that goes 100 mph +? I was thinking we would get that at SFGAm too, or at least heard we would get it the year after SFMM got it. Man, that must be a rush. I hope they leave clues for a roller coaster like "X" because I would not mind having one of those at SFGAm sometime soon.
chiatrain

Postby CoasterDude04 on April 15th, 2003, 7:21 pm
Yeah I was talking about that superman. I wouldn't mind a 4D coaster either, but I'm pretty sure the maintanance crew would. All I remember is hearing the trouble MM had with X. But maybe the flaws are worked out now, and they'll start to build a few more. Who knows...
"4 seats are better than 2"- CoasterDude04
CoasterDude04

Postby T_Biggs on April 15th, 2003, 7:30 pm
This is compeltely hearsay, but a while ago I remember reading S&S totally redesigned the 4D, so now if a new one was built, the trains would be much smaller, as would the layout, track size, and everything basically. I could be wrong, though, but even so, it would still be fun.
T_Biggs

Postby coasterzak on April 16th, 2003, 3:39 pm
DejaVuGurl1203 wrote:
CoasterDude316 wrote:I think I even saw a T-shirt for a ride that wasn't even in our park, can't remember what it was though.
Yeah, I remember seeing one of those. I think the one I saw was Riddler's Revenge.
So I wonder when we'll see Riddler's Revenge opening up! J/k
coasterzak

Postby joker on April 16th, 2003, 9:15 pm
Yeah, but even if they do have anthor superhero shirt, I dont think they would put it in a window.
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Postby coasterzak on April 18th, 2003, 11:31 pm
What other superheroes does Six Flags have the rights to through DC comics?
coasterzak

Postby Papas on April 18th, 2003, 11:37 pm
All Six Flags parks have the DC Comics shirts wheather they have the ride or not. SFGAm has had Superman shirts for a long time.
Papas

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum