Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Season Pass on Physics day

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby GamRCFreak on April 8th, 2003, 4:08 pm
Does anyone know if you can use your gam season pass on physics day, or is it considered a special event?
GamRCFreak

Location: Hinsdale, IL in the summer, DeKalb IL in the School Year (Go Huskies!)

Postby Aero737 on April 8th, 2003, 6:15 pm
It is considered a special event. So you cannot use your season pass. :( But hey, I'm going to Physics day this year, so maybe I will see some of you all there.
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby v10viper488 on April 8th, 2003, 9:14 pm
yeah, im going too and i was just gonna ask that same question
v10viper488

Postby RagingBullFan on April 9th, 2003, 6:29 pm
Yea Aero is exactly right ( Heck we have the same teacher lol ) No Season Passes Are Admitted, they won't even argue about it.
RagingBullFan
Technical Administrator

Postby T_Biggs on April 9th, 2003, 8:09 pm
Thats the exact reason I'm not getting one from there this year. I'm waiting until June and getting one at SFWoA. I can live without opening day if it means saving like 20 or 30 bucks on a season pass later in the year. :lol:
T_Biggs

Postby GamRCFreak on April 9th, 2003, 9:03 pm
we should meet up somewhere, after the initial rush for S:UFEdit: I should add that my class is going on May 22nd, instead of on the 6th. I wonder if I could use my pass.
GamRCFreak

Location: Hinsdale, IL in the summer, DeKalb IL in the School Year (Go Huskies!)

Postby T_Biggs on April 10th, 2003, 1:48 pm
If it is a normal operating day, yes you can. Last year we went on the first Thursday they were open, and I used my season pass. They don't mark you as being with a school, therefore can not use a season pass on normal days.
T_Biggs

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on April 10th, 2003, 5:31 pm
not to sound really stupid....but wut is physics day....and y is it a special event??? :?
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby GamRCFreak on April 10th, 2003, 7:19 pm
It's an organized day for schools to take fieldtrips. Each individual school determines a certain project for the students to do. I'm really lucky cause since our trip is after our AP exam, we barely have to do anything.
GamRCFreak

Postby Dre on April 10th, 2003, 9:05 pm
I just realized that the day our class is going is on Physics Day. What kind of projects do they have kids do? I don't think we'll have to do anything, though. It is our middle school going (grades 6-7-8, I'm in 8th) and I didn't even realize that it was going to be a day organized just for schools to take trips there. I can't wait till June 6th.
Dre

Postby T_Biggs on April 10th, 2003, 9:37 pm
The only things you have to do are what your teacher tells you. You don't have to do it, either, but you might end up with a F for a grade. I will have to do experiments, I guess, but depending on my current grade at the time, I may or may not (physics is a slack off class, I've been with a failing grade multiple times. No class at school matters, though, because I have enough credits already.)
T_Biggs

Postby chiatrain on April 11th, 2003, 8:59 am
It's been awhile since I went to Physics Day with my high school. Well, it was 1999 and 2000 (only reason I took AP Physics was the Great America trip...sorta). Anyways, for those going on the Physics Day in May, here's something I found that is similar to what we had to do (take measurements, ......). Our teacher gave this project as an option in AP Phys. but was required in Phys. 1. We got to work in groups, though. Here's the link: http://newton.dep.anl.gov/app/STManual.htm
chiatrain

Postby coasterswimgurl12 on April 12th, 2003, 1:06 pm
wait....so u go to 6 flags to work on a project??? no rides??? if not.....wut a waste of time!!! But at least ur in the park that day....i'd be really upset though.... :shock:
*~There's a light~*
*~In the darkness~*
*~Of everybody's life~*
coasterswimgurl12

Postby Aero737 on April 12th, 2003, 1:31 pm
oh no, you get to ride the rides, all of them. Normall your teacher will assign you work to do that relates to the rides. But when your in the park, you can ride all the rides you want. They also have a buffet lunch..doesnt sound too good, i would rather get the extra ride on S:UF instead. :D
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby chiatrain on April 12th, 2003, 4:06 pm
Yeah, you get to go on the rides and get out of school for the day. When I was there the 2 years I went, the park closed early, around 5pm or so, but our guys had to go back early due to sports. When you ride the rides, you usually take some measurements, like angles...or just have a really smart friend do it for you while you go have fun. Hey, that's what I did.
chiatrain

Postby joker on April 12th, 2003, 4:11 pm
Dre wrote:I just realized that the day our class is going is on Physics Day. What kind of projects do they have kids do? I don't think we'll have to do anything, though. It is our middle school going (grades 6-7-8, I'm in 8th) and I didn't even realize that it was going to be a day organized just for schools to take trips there. I can't wait till June 6th.
Hehehehe...I know you cant wait intill June 6th because thats my b-day!
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Postby Aero737 on May 5th, 2003, 2:44 pm
Well then I am about 17 hours away from physics day tommrow. Anyone going? The website says 10,000 max. capicity for tommrow. How does this compair to a normal day (I believe 60,000 is max. for the park) and how does this compair to thr 3rd. Im hoping to get some rides on the less popular coasters. :D
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby T_Biggs on May 5th, 2003, 7:04 pm
The midways will probably be fairly empty, however, it is teenagers. We, as you know, are mostly thrill seekers, so I'm guessing lines will be 1/2 the normal wait (ex. probably 1 hour for Superman, 10-30 min for others.) I'm not going tommorow, but Wednesday. Can't wait to try out Superman. And I'm really looking forwards to a 180 foot backwards vertical shove :D
T_Biggs

Postby coastrcorey on May 5th, 2003, 7:24 pm
Lucky Travis! I wish I could go... Oh well, next year...
coastrcorey

Postby joker on May 5th, 2003, 7:35 pm
Im going to try to get my teachers next year to let us go :)I will print out that sheet from that site :-p
-Roller Coaster Enthusiast
joker

Postby Aero737 on May 6th, 2003, 5:32 am
Well all, Im off to Great America for another day at the park. Doesnt look like anyone else is going today. Hopefully the lines are short :D
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum