Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2024 Speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby briphotoguy on August 25th, 2023, 1:35 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:Image
Third teaser is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess I’m out…. [emoji23]

briphotoguy

Postby coasterfanatic on August 25th, 2023, 1:36 pm
Do the 3 rides they posted have anything to do with it? Does the 3 strikes have anything to do with it?

coasterfanatic

Postby briphotoguy on August 25th, 2023, 1:38 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:Do the 3 rides they posted have anything to do with it? Does the 3 strikes have anything to do with it?

I do however find it interesting that 2/3 posts were coasters… I mean, it’s totally not a hard no a smaller coaster could come our way.

briphotoguy

Postby briphotoguy on August 25th, 2023, 1:38 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:Do the 3 rides they posted have anything to do with it? Does the 3 strikes have anything to do with it?

The strikes make me think about the lightning bolt

briphotoguy

Postby coasterfanatic on August 25th, 2023, 1:40 pm
I’m assuming the next post will be the announcement…and that’s the end of the teasers? I do think it’s a coaster. It’s a flat in my opinion, especially if they are using DDDs spot.

coasterfanatic

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 25th, 2023, 1:45 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:I’m assuming the next post will be the announcement…and that’s the end of the teasers? I do think it’s a coaster. It’s a flat in my opinion, especially if they are using DDDs spot.

I’m not sure….
1st is the Wonder Woman cape in the Fright Fest video that started the hashtag
2nd is DDD’s spot
3rd is Revy
4th is X-Flight

Is it a coaster and this teaser is giving us the manufacturer? Is it a Wonder Woman themed dive coaster and revy was just to throw us off?
172ft 1st drop?

Are we all going to be shocked?

I sure hope so!!

But I’d be happy with a Giga Discovery

B&MGuy35

Postby coasterfanatic on August 25th, 2023, 1:47 pm
I’d be shocked if it’s a coaster.

And I would not be happy with a Giant Discovery. It’s unnecessary if we have Revolution and I’m not a fan of them to begin with…

I was hoping for a SkyScreamer.

coasterfanatic

Postby briphotoguy on August 25th, 2023, 1:47 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:I’m assuming the next post will be the announcement…and that’s the end of the teasers? I do think it’s a coaster. It’s a flat in my opinion, especially if they are using DDDs spot.

I’m not sure….
2nd is DDD’s spot
3rd is Revy
4th is X-Flight

Is it a coaster and this teaser is giving us the manufacturer? Is it a Wonder Woman themed dive coaster and revy was just to throw us off?
172ft 1st drop?

I sure hope so!!

And the speed from V2

briphotoguy

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 25th, 2023, 1:48 pm
briphotoguy wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:

I’m not sure….
2nd is DDD’s spot
3rd is Revy
4th is X-Flight

172ft 1st drop?

I sure hope so!!

And the speed from V2

Oh I forgot about V2

B&MGuy35

Postby Goku1910 on August 25th, 2023, 2:13 pm
It's gotta be a Giant Discovery. I just don't see these teasers pointing to anything else.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Goku1910 on August 25th, 2023, 2:21 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:

I’m not sure….
2nd is DDD’s spot
3rd is Revy
4th is X-Flight

172ft 1st drop?

I sure hope so!!

172ft drop on a Dive Coaster would be pretty mid tbh. Dive Coasters lose momentum so quickly if it's not over 200ft it just crawls through the course.

Yukon Striker is argued to be one of the better dives and it has a 245ft drop.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby gottastrata33 on August 25th, 2023, 3:18 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:

I’m not sure….
2nd is DDD’s spot
3rd is Revy
4th is X-Flight

172ft 1st drop?

I sure hope so!!

172ft drop on a Dive Coaster would be pretty mid tbh. Dive Coasters lose momentum so quickly if it's not over 200ft it just crawls through the course.

Yukon Striker is argued to be one of the better dives and it has a 245ft drop.

You have got to get on Emperor. That may really change your perception of what a smaller dive from B&M is capable of. She hauls through the course. I was so blah when DD Cliffhanger was announced with the MCBR in it cause it's def the pace killer in comparison to Emperor. But still good. As others have said I'd be SHOCKED if it's a dive coaster let alone a coaster at all. A dive coaster has practically been rumored here since Oblivion opened in 1998.
gottastrata33

Postby IssaCoaster on August 25th, 2023, 11:11 pm
My guess is a Zamperla Giant Discovery. They made it too obvious in my opinion. Three strikes and you’re out…. swinging motion. What ride swings? 172ft would be short enough to fly under the radar for town hall meetings. The angle probably goes to 130 degrees or something like that. Revolution will probably be on its way out soon, but I can see the park keeping it around for a little bit. This is the same theme park chain that put two boomerangs next to each other.
IssaCoaster

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 26th, 2023, 12:34 am
IssaCoaster wrote:My guess is a Zamperla Giant Discovery. They made it too obvious in my opinion. Three strikes and you’re out…. swinging motion. What ride swings? 172ft would be short enough to fly under the radar for town hall meetings. The angle probably goes to 130 degrees or something like that. Revolution will probably be on its way out soon, but I can see the park keeping it around for a little bit. This is the same theme park chain that put two boomerangs next to each other.
That’s the point though. It’s obvious!!
So it will be something different

B&MGuy35

Postby coasterfanatic on August 26th, 2023, 12:41 am
Right. It’s never the obviou choice. I’m beginning to think that the teasers are meant to fool you. We know they like to make it seem like it’s one thing, but then it’s something else…the Strike 1/2/3 could be indicating that it’s not those things either.

coasterfanatic

Postby Coaster Justin on August 26th, 2023, 1:35 pm
My Guesses:
Revolution-- Same style of ride
Flash V2-- Faster than the Flash
X-Flight-- Dangling Seats/ Similar Restraints
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby gottastrata33 on August 26th, 2023, 3:24 pm
Well now after seein SFFT's announcement, I'm thinking it could be a Zamperla Nebulaz. & sadly seeing that damn lightning bolt, whoever brought up Shazam could be correct on that one. I really Hope it's a giga discovery but any new ride is good right? Ideally I'd love to see a thrill ride & family coaster. Kiddos need a new modern coaster. Anyone who says we have enough, look at SFMM or KI. When a park. Has 1-3 family/kiddie coasters in comparison to a collection of 12-15 it's really not that many. I always would love for my little family members in training to have more options ;)
gottastrata33

Postby briphotoguy on August 27th, 2023, 4:48 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Well now after seein SFFT's announcement, I'm thinking it could be a Zamperla Nebulaz. & sadly seeing that damn lightning bolt, whoever brought up Shazam could be correct on that one. I really Hope it's a giga discovery but any new ride is good right? Ideally I'd love to see a thrill ride & family coaster. Kiddos need a new modern coaster. Anyone who says we have enough, look at SFMM or KI. When a park. Has 1-3 family/kiddie coasters in comparison to a collection of 12-15 it's really not that many. I always would love for my little family members in training to have more options ;)
I figured we’d have an announcement today because I think the sale started yesterday or today thru Labor Day. Figured they’d want to announce the new attraction also.

briphotoguy

Postby coasterfanatic on August 27th, 2023, 5:04 pm
Nah. Rarely do they announce on a Sunday. Probably sometime next week. They will do right at the end of the sale to drive sales for the last day or two.

coasterfanatic

Postby coasterfanatic on August 28th, 2023, 12:01 am
Apparently there was a 4th clue revealed at the Junkies picnic this afternoon. There was people tagged in the post so I blocked out their names.

coasterfanatic

Postby Goku1910 on August 28th, 2023, 7:28 am
coasterfanatic wrote:Apparently there was a 4th clue revealed at the Junkies picnic this afternoon. There was people tagged in the post so I blocked out their names.

No idea what they're getting at with the number 4 since it doesn't have any relation to the previous teases.
Goku1910

Postby staticshadows on August 28th, 2023, 8:03 am
Goku1910 wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:Apparently there was a 4th clue revealed at the Junkies picnic this afternoon. There was people tagged in the post so I blocked out their names.

No idea what they're getting at with the number 4 since it doesn't have any relation to the previous teases.

On the map, Revolution is number 4 in the County Fair section. Could be hinting at an Air Race or Super Air Race replacing it.
staticshadows

Postby briphotoguy on August 28th, 2023, 9:08 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:Nah. Rarely do they announce on a Sunday. Probably sometime next week. They will do right at the end of the sale to drive sales for the last day or two.

Yeah I know… but they did announce Goliath on this day however many years. Then following year they did the announcement same day [emoji2369]

briphotoguy

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 28th, 2023, 11:03 pm
staticshadows wrote:
JackGlass wrote:This is out there. But the strike resembles the bolt from the old Shockwave logo. 172 could be 172 feet. Feeling blue, Shockwave was obviously blue.

My guess is an S&S mega looper similar to steel curtain in the parking lot next to superman.

With the lightning bolt/strike clues, it could be hinting at a custom Zamperla Lightning coaster.

https://www.zamperla.com/products/lightning/

They could move the Kidzopolis rides to Buccaneer Battle's location as an expansion to the Hometown Park area.

That makes sense (moving Kidzopolis rides to Hometown Square). The one good thing about Kidzopolis is that it's sort of closed off from the rest of the park.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 28th, 2023, 11:04 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Hmm FlashV2 is 70mph so don't go slower... meaning whatever it is is either 70mph or faster. How fast are the giga discovery models at full swing?

RCDB lists it as 70 MPH but I thought I saw somewhere (in V2 line maybe) that it's only 65 MPH.

Still seems slow compared to Maxx!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum