Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2024 Speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on August 29th, 2023, 12:09 am
Watch it be a double heart haha no, send that over to Frontier City!

Wondering where this new teaser is coming from as I haven't seen it posted yet or on anything but 4 could so many things from 4 records to 4 rides. To 4 inversions.
gottastrata33

Postby coasterfanatic on August 29th, 2023, 11:46 am
The teaser was not made public on their social media handles.

It was announced at the Junkies picnic on Sunday and subsequently posted on the Junkies Facebook group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby coasterfanatic on August 29th, 2023, 12:50 pm
St. Louis leaked their new for 2024 attraction and it’s a Giant Discovery.

coasterfanatic

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 29th, 2023, 12:59 pm
So 2 parks this close to each other get the same ride? I don’t think so. I’m expecting something else now…

And yes I know parks have the same attractions, but to get them the same year doesn’t happen so close to each other. It’s usually staggered

B&MGuy35

Postby Goku1910 on August 29th, 2023, 1:50 pm
I would love a giant discovery regardless, nice people eating machine that would do well at our park.

.... But I'm honestly getting tired of the DC Branding. Can we please name it something that doesn't come off as a cheap Billboard? And no, I don't mean some stupid made up word like "Crazanity".
Goku1910

Postby gottastrata33 on August 29th, 2023, 2:28 pm
Goku1910 wrote:I would love a giant discovery regardless, nice people eating machine that would do well at our park.

.... But I'm honestly getting tired of the DC Branding. Can we please name it something that doesn't come off as a cheap Billboard? And no, I don't mean some stupid made up word like "Crazanity".

I'll take Crazanity over anything DC at this point. It'd be so foolish to do a DC ride outside of DCU now. Like find the room there. Squeeze it in there or get rid of one side of Loggers. Not that I want an og ride to vanish but there's so much room there for something updated. Imagine how much space RR & the flumes would open up. We've all thought about it.

It would look silly next to V2 but I'd love an Aquaman coaster there. Call it Aquaman: Tidal Wave & you not only get your DC branding but an ode to the old Tidal Wave near the original spot it once was. Hell, add the loop & you've really got a modern day Tidal Wave.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on August 30th, 2023, 1:24 am
A 172 foot tall dive machine, 4 inversions, blue track white supports with a name like sonic strike replacing Buccaneer Battle, the go karts and the games and kids rides in Home town park.

That's my final guess.
JackGlass

Postby briphotoguy on August 30th, 2023, 5:24 am
Sky Striker…. It’s on the website as an event on the app.

briphotoguy

Postby briphotoguy on August 30th, 2023, 5:26 am
Giant discovery coming confirmed

briphotoguy

Postby briphotoguy on August 30th, 2023, 5:30 am
Also Image

https://wgntv.com/podcasts/coastin-the- ... a-in-2024/

briphotoguy

Postby Goku1910 on August 30th, 2023, 6:36 am
Well since I was initially wrong about Buccaneer Battle for 2024,my 2nd guess of the Giant Discovery not going there was correct.

As for what 2025/2026 holds in store for battle.... Well....
Goku1910

Postby gottastrata33 on August 30th, 2023, 7:32 am
LOVE IT. so happy it has an original name. Love the colors too.
gottastrata33

Postby coasterfanatic on August 30th, 2023, 10:09 am
According to LaShock, it will go in the former Dare Devil Dive spot. And he said the park wouldn’t confirm what this means for Revolution. Glad it got an original name though. The rides are immensely popular.

Also looks like they announced all the 2024 new attractions. Great adventure gets the super boomerang called The Flash: Vertical Velocity.

There also appears to be no change in strategy. Clones and small cheap coasters

coasterfanatic

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 30th, 2023, 12:55 pm
Hopefully this new ride won't interfere with the line for Iron Eagle: Soaring to New Heights (coming in 2026) !
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby jmanporty7 on August 30th, 2023, 1:11 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Hopefully this new ride won't interfere with the line for Iron Eagle: Soaring to New Heights (coming in 2026) !
This poses an interesting question though. What is happening to the queue for American Eagle? Part of it is on the "pedastal" used for Dare Devil Dive. Assuming that platform is being removed for Sky Striker, and to also not be in the new ride's way, where is Eagle's queue going to be rerouted to?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby Agent on August 30th, 2023, 7:59 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Hopefully this new ride won't interfere with the line for Iron Eagle: Soaring to New Heights (coming in 2026) !
This poses an interesting question though. What is happening to the queue for American Eagle? Part of it is on the "pedastal" used for Dare Devil Dive. Assuming that platform is being removed for Sky Striker, and to also not be in the new ride's way, where is Eagle's queue going to be rerouted to?

I'd assume the pedestal (and the last remaining fragments of track of the Barney Oldfield Raceway which surround it) will be removed, it's been there since 1976 when it housed Ricochet (then 'The Big Top') and I'm not sure that that nearly 50 year old structure will be able to support so much weight, along with the fact that I think a Giga Discovery is bigger than the pedestal. The American Eagle queue line diverges into the 'Big Top' pedestal so if it were to be removed, I'd assume the line would probably just be straightened out and would connect directly to the bridge rather than diverging first.
Agent

Postby Coaster Justin on August 30th, 2023, 9:22 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Well since I was initially wrong about Buccaneer Battle for 2024,my 2nd guess of the Giant Discovery not going there was correct.

As for what 2025/2026 holds in store for battle.... Well....

Sky Screamer, Maybe a NebuleZ where Revolution is?

Although I'd rather a Bugs Bunny Boomtown
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Goku1910 on September 3rd, 2023, 12:10 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:Although I'd rather a Bugs Bunny Boomtown

I've been screaming this since Wiggles was rebranded to Kidzopolis. :lol:
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 4th, 2023, 9:53 pm
Agent wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:

I'd assume the pedestal (and the last remaining fragments of track of the Barney Oldfield Raceway which surround it) will be removed, it's been there since 1976 when it housed Ricochet (then 'The Big Top') and I'm not sure that that nearly 50 year old structure will be able to support so much weight, along with the fact that I think a Giga Discovery is bigger than the pedestal. The American Eagle queue line diverges into the 'Big Top' pedestal so if it were to be removed, I'd assume the line would probably just be straightened out and would connect directly to the bridge rather than diverging first.

Until you mentioned the fragments/track of Barney Oldfield being under Daredevil DIve, I had no idea they were there! I made a point to look down there today and saw the track!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on September 5th, 2023, 10:40 am
Goku1910 wrote:
Coaster Justin wrote:Although I'd rather a Bugs Bunny Boomtown

I've been screaming this since Wiggles was rebranded to Kidzopolis. :lol:

I was more hoping for Camp Cartoon and moving some Kidzopolis rides there
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum