Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 20th, 2019, 9:38 pm
I'd like at least a fun station spiel for Maxx. I don't think there will be any theming for Maxx, but hopefully a countdown before the launch because that launch will scare me so bad, haha. Yeah, you'll be out of that tunnel before you know it.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 21st, 2019, 7:54 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Seeing that it’s at the beginning of the launch, I’m gonna say why would they?

You're probably right! Demon's tunnel is much longer and it's going much slower. I'm thinking that tunnel is gonna be a big head chopper element, especially since it's so close to station.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby redrobinround on May 21st, 2019, 3:15 pm
They should at least add a launch noise or signal like TTD. Send construction pictures for today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redrobinround

Postby RobSFGAm on May 21st, 2019, 6:18 pm
Maxx Force update from the park this afternoon.
Whizzer: still closed
Train/RR, no track has been installed yet. Since the cherry-picker is using the RR bed as an access road, I think the RR tracks will not be re-installed till they start testing.
Maxx Force: A little bit more steel structure for the station is in place. No roof or queue bar were visible.
Gift shop/exit, they knocked out a section of the back wall for the exit line to use to enter the gift shop after you exit the ride. Inside still a empty shell.
Some workers were tightening up the bolts on the supports and other workers were working near the transfer track, end of the brakes.
They have framed more of the queue line, but still need to level the ground, rebar and pour concrete. Also there are construction flags for the where the queue is going (and a paint outline).
The remaining dirt mount is still there, but is cleaned up...might be keeping it?
No Maxx Force trains visible on site.
The air compressors have a steel mesh over them (looks like they could add a roof of some type over them).
Ride sign/entrance has a little bit more paint done, but still little work on the sign (only priming and painting still). The cold weather probably has at least set the painters behind a few days, but tomorrow it should be warm to paint again.
That is all I can remember for this update.
RobSFGAm

Postby Chirojon on May 21st, 2019, 7:01 pm
RobSFGAm wrote:Maxx Force update from the park this afternoon.
Whizzer: still closed
Train/RR, no track has been installed yet. Since the cherry-picker is using the RR bed as an access road, I think the RR tracks will not be re-installed till they start testing.
Maxx Force: A little bit more steel structure for the station is in place. No roof or queue bar were visible.
Gift shop/exit, they knocked out a section of the back wall for the exit line to use to enter the gift shop after you exit the ride. Inside still a empty shell.
Some workers were tightening up the bolts on the supports and other workers were working near the transfer track, end of the brakes.
They have framed more of the queue line, but still need to level the ground, rebar and pour concrete. Also there are construction flags for the where the queue is going (and a paint outline).
The remaining dirt mount is still there, but is cleaned up...might be keeping it?
No Maxx Force trains visible on site.
The air compressors have a steel mesh over them (looks like they could add a roof of some type over them).
Ride sign/entrance has a little bit more paint done, but still little work on the sign (only priming and painting still). The cold weather probably has at least set the painters behind a few days, but tomorrow it should be warm to paint again.
That is all I can remember for this update.

Thank you Rob, appreciate the update.
Chirojon

Postby FParker185 on May 21st, 2019, 7:47 pm
At the construction tour a few months back, someone said off to the side that wizzer would open mid-late may, Maxx Force late may/early june(this was a while back), then the train wouldn't reopen til mid-late june (after Maxx Force is up and running). So guessing the train will still be a while
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby rluecht72 on May 22nd, 2019, 6:05 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I'd like at least a fun station spiel for Maxx. I don't think there will be any theming for Maxx, but hopefully a countdown before the launch because that launch will scare me so bad, haha. Yeah, you'll be out of that tunnel before you know it.

OOO! How about a Jamaican captain?!
rluecht72

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 22nd, 2019, 6:16 pm
^ Not sure what you're trying to get at.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby UnclePennybags on May 22nd, 2019, 10:33 pm
Not much to report today. Sky Trek Tower (STT) was open when the park first opened, but I thought I'd ride it at the end of the day. Unfortunately, the wind picked up quite a bit and several rides went down, including STT. No aerial shots today.

Here you can see the work they're doing on the queue. Concrete already down for some of the switchbacks, and other pathways have been staked out.

I never noticed how the tunnel under the train bridge looked until I inspected the above picture more closely.

Here's how things are staked out behind Carousel Gifts.

Here's the front gate with new red trim.

I never noticed the lattice work on the entrance before. New?

That's all folks.
UnclePennybags

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 23rd, 2019, 7:44 am
Great work, UnclePennyBags! Thanks for posting!!!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby RBullFan97 on May 23rd, 2019, 4:39 pm
As of today the Maxx Force trains are on park property (behind Condor).

SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 23rd, 2019, 4:48 pm
OMG.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby willxxforce on May 23rd, 2019, 5:07 pm
RBullFan97 wrote:As of today the Maxx Force trains are on park property (behind Condor).

Finally! Hopefully we will start seeing some testing done this weekend.
Maxx Force will be my 50th
willxxforce

Postby ilrider on May 23rd, 2019, 5:35 pm
Looks like shoulder harnesses huh?
ilrider

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 23rd, 2019, 5:47 pm
I don't see any. Looks like a lap bar and shin guards to me.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SaveTheWAVE on May 23rd, 2019, 5:59 pm
I can't access the pic of the trains on Tapatalk or on the work PC. Any chance you can post the picture again? Thanks.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby ilrider on May 23rd, 2019, 6:01 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I don't see any. Looks like a lap bar and shin guards to me.

Those curving white things on each side of the seat. Not shoulder harnesses?
ilrider

Postby Wisco Woody on May 23rd, 2019, 6:16 pm
Can anyone confirm if there are 8 cars or only 6? At No Coaster Con they said the trains would be 4 car, 16 person trains rather than the 3 car, 12 person trains shown in the animation. If they end up using 12 person trains, the management of this park will have reached a new low of cheapness and stupidity, which they are already pretty low okaying a ride this short and relatively low capacity regardless right by the only guest entrance/exit AND right by guest relations.
Wisco Woody

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 23rd, 2019, 6:23 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:Can anyone confirm if there are 8 cars or only 6? At No Coaster Con they said the trains would be 4 car, 16 person trains rather than the 3 car, 12 person trains shown in the animation. If they end up using 12 person trains, the management of this park will have reached a new low of cheapness and stupidity, which they are already pretty low okaying a ride this short and relatively low capacity regardless right by the only guest entrance/exit AND right by guest relations.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure corporate has the last say on what the park gets. Also if you’re not happy that in the company’s current strategy that we’ve still managed to get 3 ground up coasters in the last 7 years while all other parks have gotten clones. Oh and throw in the Joker and Justice league in that mix too. We are spoiled and that some of you can’t see that is mind boggling to me. Be happy we got a roller coaster and if you’re mad about how short the ride is then don’t get in line!

B&MGuy35

Postby SaveTheWAVE on May 23rd, 2019, 6:28 pm
I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again: Maxx Force is going to be absolutely BONKERS. People will be praying to get off of it by the time it ends lol
SaveTheWAVE

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 23rd, 2019, 6:30 pm

B&MGuy35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 23rd, 2019, 6:43 pm
ilrider wrote:

Nope, those are just the sides of the vehicle.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ilrider on May 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:
ilrider wrote:

Nope, those are just the sides of the vehicle.

Good. Glad it is only lap and shin restraints.
ilrider

Postby UnclePennybags on May 23rd, 2019, 7:11 pm
SaveTheWAVE wrote:People will be praying to get off of it by the time it ends lol

Praying to get off a 20 second ride would be saying something. You'd probably have to start while you're still in the station.
UnclePennybags

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 23rd, 2019, 7:43 pm
I really like the look of the trains. I'm going to assume there's going to be a seatbelt as well in addition to the lapbar and shin guards. The front (zero car I think it's called) looks cool too! Crossing my fingers they'll test it soon :)
SFGAM_Hog

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum