Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JackGlass on August 20th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Joker, Hangover and Justice league all look really good at night! This picture taken by Jacob T. VanVooren
looks amazing! I would love to see a repaint and lighting package on V2. I think that would look incredible.
Attachments
Justice-League-Battle-for-Metropolis-1030x773.jpg
JackGlass

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 20th, 2018, 2:21 pm
I don't get the detour thing to Skytrail, but anyway, X-Flight they say something in the spiel something about maybe (reach for the) sky (at least the X-Flight uniforms if not the guy is now wearing a lot of red / black), you are talking about the SKYtrail. Skyline Attractions... Harley Quinn at Discovery Kingdom is red and black.

Than, the other person was saying those water slides have a SKYbox.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Carlo on August 20th, 2018, 5:16 pm
Goku1910 wrote:As for the detour thing I think there's either some truth to this or the marketing team is screwing with us. I was at the park on Saturday and the lights that are adjacent to the railroad bridge between the games buildings have their electrical lines marked with red flags.
These markers are for Holiday in the park. They are running new power lines for the one million lights they are installing. They are installing spot lights as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Carlo
Carlo

Postby gottastrata33 on August 20th, 2018, 6:23 pm
Watch this be a launched Mack power splash themed to AquaMan. You guys will have the launch down.
gottastrata33

Postby Goku1910 on August 20th, 2018, 6:25 pm
Carlo wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:As for the detour thing I think there's either some truth to this or the marketing team is screwing with us. I was at the park on Saturday and the lights that are adjacent to the railroad bridge between the games buildings have their electrical lines marked with red flags.
These markers are for Holiday in the park. They are running new power lines for the one million lights they are installing. They are installing spot lights as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That actually makes sense. These lights are probably new.
Goku1910

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 20th, 2018, 6:29 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Watch this be a launched Mack power splash themed to AquaMan. You guys will have the launch down.

I honestly don’t think we will be seeing a DC themed ride. There’d be way kore DC references in the teasers I think and everything points to racing like car themed. Who know though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 20th, 2018, 6:30 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Watch this be a launched Mack power splash themed to AquaMan. You guys will have the launch down.

They look so underwhelming. I wouldn't want one of those here.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on August 20th, 2018, 6:33 pm
I wouldn’t mind one. But I would in that plot of land. There are plenty or narrow strips it could work in. & it would diversify our collection. I honestly could see them being the next 4Ds. They’re cheaper, thrilling to the GP & a two in one ride. Do I really see this happening? No. But it was a thought that hit me.

I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby Mean Streaker on August 20th, 2018, 7:42 pm
Could the detour sign be hinting that a path or the train layout will change?
Mean Streaker

Postby IssaCoaster on August 20th, 2018, 7:46 pm
Mean Streaker wrote:Could the detour sign be hinting that a path or the train layout will change?
If you went 175 yards along the train track from the spot where they filmed, where would you end up? I felt like this has been asked before.
IssaCoaster

Postby Mean Streaker on August 20th, 2018, 7:50 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
Mean Streaker wrote:Could the detour sign be hinting that a path or the train layout will change?
If you went 175 yards along the train track from the spot where they filmed, where would you end up? I felt like this has been asked before.

I haven't read the whole thread, only the first few and last few pages. I'm sure I missed something.
Mean Streaker

Postby IssaCoaster on August 20th, 2018, 7:54 pm
Mean Streaker wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:

I haven't read the whole thread, only the first few and last few pages. I'm sure I missed something.

I was asking a question to your question. I then said that I felt like my question has been asked before. I didn't make that clear. My bad. Lol
IssaCoaster

Postby Mean Streaker on August 20th, 2018, 7:59 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
Mean Streaker wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:If you went 175 yards along the train track from the spot where they filmed, where would you end up? I felt like this has been asked before.

I was asking a question to your question. I then said that I felt like my question has been asked before. I didn't make that clear. My bad. Lol

I see now lol.

Anyway, I'd love to see a coaster go in the front of the park. Part of me really wants to know what the park would've been like if Chang had been built here.
Mean Streaker

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 20th, 2018, 8:42 pm
If this actually happens to be a coaster and the "175 yards" sign means the ride is 175 ft tall, it'll be great for the park skyline!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby IssaCoaster on August 20th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Okay... so I followed the path on the park back toward the front of the park and it took me to sky trail's spot.... is this the entrance for the attraction?
IssaCoaster

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 20th, 2018, 10:32 pm
I really can't see that being the entrance. I think Hometown Fun Machine is being moved over to that spot.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on August 20th, 2018, 10:36 pm
Interesting...

https://www.vekoma.com/index.php/family ... ch-coaster

I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby Jsull on August 20th, 2018, 10:49 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Interesting...

I really hope this isn’t what we get. This is a disappointment waiting to happen...

Jsull

Postby Bobthebuilder645 on August 20th, 2018, 10:49 pm

That might be what Magic Mountain is getting, but I still think that if we are getting a coaster, it's going to be a S&S Air Launch
Bobthebuilder645

Postby IssaCoaster on August 20th, 2018, 11:07 pm
I personally think that racing is just the theme and they didn't mean anything about duelling. We are talking are about six flags here after all. I think Magic Mountain and our park will get clones of the same exact ride. Even though I don't think S&S said anything about having a project in California(Carolina.... lol).
IssaCoaster

Postby JaminOut on August 20th, 2018, 11:07 pm
It doesn’t match up with most of the numbers we have seen thus far... keep moving, people...
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby gottastrata33 on August 21st, 2018, 1:54 am
Bobthebuilder645 wrote:

That might be what Magic Mountain is getting, but I still think that if we are getting a coaster, it's going to be a S&S Air Launch

It’s what popped up for Magic Mountain. But many of you here have speculated we’re both gettin the same thing.
gottastrata33

Postby ilrider on August 21st, 2018, 8:58 am
JaminOut wrote:It doesn’t match up with most of the numbers we have seen thus far... keep moving, people...

Sure hope this is not it. It goes 37 mph (60 km/h). It is a family ride for sure if we end up getting it. Does not scream Maxx Force to me.
ilrider

Postby JaminOut on August 21st, 2018, 1:44 pm
Well, whatever we are getting will definitely be better than what Cedar Point, Kings Island, and likely what Valleyfair and Holiday World are getting...
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 21st, 2018, 2:09 pm
I'm pretty much on board with the idea this will be a coaster named Maxx Force.
SFGAM_Hog

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum