Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Official 'The Joker' Topic

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on January 15th, 2017, 7:30 pm
It's interesting for sure. Kinda wish OT got the all purple & green one so we could see some variance. I think their concept art looked the best honestly. But I will admit, doing this wacky color swap on each side will look so crazy so it fits the name.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterCale on January 15th, 2017, 11:45 pm
Having visited SFMM, I am more excited for Joker than I was before. X2 and Green Lantern were great rides. Heck, Green Lantern even had some light theming in its queue. Green Lantern has capacity issues but that's because it was being operated like a CF Wild Mouse. Two trains being in the station, but only one gets loaded or unloaded at a time. X2 was outstanding but is such a different concept from free spins, nobody should really even compare the two. lol
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby gottastrata33 on January 16th, 2017, 3:05 am
You're right, no one should ever compare the two yet that's what continues. I'm surprised by your stand on Green Lantern because you are the only person I've heard anything good about it other than it looks cool. I was obsessed with the "zacspins" when they were introduced. I will still admit they look a lot more interesting & compact but the free spins have proven they're better to the crowds. I am hoping I get the chance to experience GL this spring before I try out our Joker so I can compare the differences & similarities.
gottastrata33

Postby AirTimeDaz on January 16th, 2017, 6:26 pm
staticshadows wrote:The Joker is really going to stand out.
Picture from http://www.overtexasthrills.com/park-updates/the-joker-construction-update-11417

Looking good SFOT! Also thinking ours will make for a nice eye catching visual. Looks like we're supposed to be getting a bit of a break from the frigid temps this week, so I'm sure the construction crew will appreciate that. :wink:
AirTimeDaz

Postby gottastrata33 on January 17th, 2017, 2:07 am
With SFOT nearing track completion & who knows where ours is at, SFNE is said to have track on site as of today. So all three should be shaping up a lot more soon :)
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterCale on January 18th, 2017, 11:15 am
Green Lantern is underrated and I don't remember the last time I had no sense of control on a coaster like that. If I had to guess it was probably on NTG or Goliath at SFGAm. Being on your head in the station is quite an experience. :D :lol:
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby staticshadows on January 19th, 2017, 2:01 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby gottastrata33 on January 19th, 2017, 7:49 pm
I didn't think you could see it from there. I loved the updates from the highway watching XFlight come together into the skyline back in 2012.
gottastrata33

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 19th, 2017, 8:43 pm
Yeah, I couldn't see anything today either. I'm sure once construction starts, Grand Avenue will have a great view of the ride.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 19th, 2017, 11:43 pm
Does anyone know if the Joker logo will be visible on both sides of the ride? I know it'll be on the side by Yankee Harbor, but will it be there for Mardi Gras?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on January 20th, 2017, 3:57 am
Seeing BTR at FT is visible from pretty much all angles & it only has one Bat symbol, I would say I didn't think so BUT the park has mentioned a couple times that this will be the new centerpiece of this area so I'm gonna assume they want a sign on both sides. Because half the crowds are going to see it on the Mardi Gras side first (those who go left vs right at opening).
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 20th, 2017, 5:14 pm
I hope they have update videos.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 22nd, 2017, 4:44 pm
Does anyone know when the Media Day Event is?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 22nd, 2017, 5:39 pm
Passed the park on all sides except I-94. There are cranes and equipment in the employee lot, but nothing on the site. My guess is that vertical construction is going to start this week.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby B&MGuy35 on January 22nd, 2017, 7:38 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Does anyone know when the Media Day Event is?

Media day will not be finalized until the coaster is up and running. It's usually the Tuesday or Wednesday before the other events planned (t-shirt day / season pass day)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby sfgam1976 on January 23rd, 2017, 6:17 pm
Vertical construction has started already. There are supports in place.
sfgam1976

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 23rd, 2017, 6:26 pm
Can confirm, there was a crane in the air today hoisting up supports.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby gottastrata33 on January 23rd, 2017, 6:41 pm
Whoo! Really want to see a webcam/aerial construction! At least an update once a week wouldn't be hard for a full timer to do!
gottastrata33

Postby RollingCoasting on January 23rd, 2017, 7:41 pm
Anyone have pics?
RollingCoasting

Postby DejaVu2001 on January 23rd, 2017, 7:54 pm
Unless I'm missing some super secret spot, I can't think of anywhere anything besides the tallest points of the ride would be visible from off property.
DejaVu2001

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 23rd, 2017, 8:13 pm
The crane was visible from Washington today. For future updates, I think the Grand Avenue entrance is your best bet.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby great america fan on January 23rd, 2017, 8:16 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:Unless I'm missing some super secret spot, I can't think of anywhere anything besides the tallest points of the ride would be visible from off property.

I believe this will be the view from outside the park.
Attachments
NPN SFGAd Joker (4).JPG
great america fan

Postby AirTimeDaz on January 23rd, 2017, 10:38 pm
For some strange reason, I'm really looking forward to seeing the red & white circus tent go up for the queue. Reminds me of AHS: Freakshow hehe... :twisted:

AirTimeDaz

Postby Jeffrey Smith on January 24th, 2017, 10:39 am
Somebody should fly a drone over it to take some video and photos. Maybe a phantom or maverick.
Jeffrey Smith

Postby staticshadows on January 24th, 2017, 11:10 am
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum