Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Official 'The Joker' Topic

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Skankhunt42 on September 22nd, 2016, 1:36 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:I do hope beyond hope that SFGAm management realizes that on top of missing a complete circuit launch coaster, we are missing one or more coasters that accomplish 3 things:

1. Another coaster longer than 5,000 ft long and longer than 1 minute from top of lift hill to brakes.
2. A 90+ mph coaster
3. A steel airtime machine with loads of floater air and/or several pops of ejector air in every seat.

All 3 of these holes in the park's offering can be fixed by one coaster, an out and back giga coaster that starts from either along Yukon and Orleans to front of park and back, or potentially replacing American Eagle for their 2020/2021 coaster addition.

Katy Enrique has talked about the lack of a 2nd launched coaster before, so it seems they will likely go with a Premier, Mack, etc launched coaster, but with the Park's increased revenues and popularity, they should have built up enough profit to build a $30 million giga for 2021 or 2022.

I am trying to be nice, but your ideas for what the park needs are horrible and unrealistic. I wish you would stop confusing what you want the park to build with what the park actually needs. They are not the same thing and this isn't fantasy land. Your posts are becoming painful to read. The number one priority right now appears to be filling in dead areas of the park that don't generate revenue.

CoasterRiderSC wrote:I hear what RollingCoasting is saying about Joker being short. But so is Giant Drop :) I will say I'm looking way more forward to Joker than I was for JL. Personally, JL is just a video game on wheels with some cool effects. It's not a "Must ride" for me at all. I even prefer TDK over it.

I would much rather have us getting a "big" coaster as well. But at least we're getting something and not a refurb of an area like 2015.

I completely agree with CoasterRiderSC on this. I can't wait to ride The Joker!
Skankhunt42

Postby great america fan on September 22nd, 2016, 2:06 pm
can we please get back on topic with discussing the Joker and put our predictions/wishlists in the wishlist section. anyway, I hope Yankee harbor doesn't get renamed Gotham city it is the most unique area in any six flags park in my opinion.
great america fan

Postby gottastrata33 on September 22nd, 2016, 11:54 pm
I'm excited for Joker. Simply put. I get the logic of capacity & length, etc but it's another coaster to our lineup. If you don't wanna wait in for it, plenty of people will regardless.
gottastrata33

Postby RollingCoasting on September 23rd, 2016, 12:27 am
I'm still going to ride it, just not everytime I visit the park in 2017. I didn't Goliath for a month or so after I waited 4 and 1/2 hours for it. The week Goliath opened, no other coasters had any line at all, so I'm hoping that's the same with Joker.
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on September 23rd, 2016, 3:09 am
I was in the commercial shoot for Goliath & even after that, I crazily waited in line for 2 to 4.5 hours for it several times because I took so many friends/family to Great America that year to experience it. I always like to experience rides with different people cause everyone has a different view(s). I'm sure the Joker will be no different.

I'm not expecting this coaster to be the best. I'm not expecting it to be insane. I am expecting the joker to make me laugh like crazy to where I tear up. I miss Ragin cajun for that prime reason. It was fun & that is the target here. Not intensity. This ride is going to add such a diversity to what we already have. I really cannot get over how many people are against it. I have had countless amounts of people post this or tag me on FB/Instagram excited asking to go with me. They don't care that it's not 400ft tall, 5,000ft long or 95mph.

WE are a small group of people in a gargantuan crowd. We're the enthusiasts, not the GP who mainly consist of families. The targeted audience. This isn't news to anyone here. Roller coaster tycoon was built for those of you who consistently want a massive roller coaster where you can create this fantasy world. What we want isn't always realistic. It's actually very seldom even a possibility. Every park wants a $20-30M budget, who wouldn't? Do I think we could use a coaster like a giga? Duh. I would love a giga, full throttle, Kingda Ka, or Valravn style coaster. I think any of those listed attractions would do wonders for us buttttt that's the fanatic in me. I'm not gonna complain that every coaster we get that isn't massive is a waste of space, a hyped up carnival ride, lame, etc etc. ITS A DAMN ROLLER COASTER. Because you love roller coasters so much, You should be GRATEFUL you have Great America so close to home. You could have The Great Escape or Waldemeer as your go to park. Or "worse" -- Geauga Lake. Really think about that. You could have nothing to go to anymore or a small option. You have 14 diverse roller coasters to choose from.

Those of us who love this park want what's best for the park. But some of you confuse what you want with what is needed.
gottastrata33

Postby maxwellt on September 23rd, 2016, 8:03 am
^amen

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 23rd, 2016, 8:26 am
^^ AMEN!!! Perfectly stated......
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby stockboy300 on September 24th, 2016, 12:42 pm
I'm going to Fiesta Texas for the holidays. I'll check out the Batman 4D free fly they have! Same model and layout I think.
stockboy300

Postby gottastrata33 on September 25th, 2016, 1:59 pm
stockboy300 wrote:I'm going to Fiesta Texas for the holidays. I'll check out the Batman 4D free fly they have! Same model and layout I think.

Thanks guys ;)

Yeah, so far they're all the same layout/model. Let us know what you thought when the time comes of course.
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on September 27th, 2016, 4:55 pm
Surprised to see demo work going on to get the site prepped for next year. After that interview with Katy I didn't think anything would be happening until November when the park closes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby great america fan on September 27th, 2016, 6:25 pm
Demo alert
great america fan

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 27th, 2016, 7:48 pm
Ooh, interesting! I'm probably going Friday, so I'll try to update you guys then.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby gottastrata33 on September 28th, 2016, 3:03 am
Oh wow!! Why is dirt exciting? Lol
gottastrata33

Postby Tardis1972 on September 28th, 2016, 9:32 am
Good to see that land clearing has started. I like that there going to update the construction process to us through snapchat.
Tardis1972

Postby gottastrata33 on September 29th, 2016, 3:01 am
I don't use snap chat so please update those here! :)
gottastrata33

Postby maxwellt on September 29th, 2016, 7:07 am
Same. If u guys could take screenshots and send em here that'll be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 29th, 2016, 11:50 am
Is there any way to copy/paste an image from a PC? I tried to do Control + C then Control + V but it didn't work for me.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby RollingCoasting on September 29th, 2016, 12:46 pm
Use "Upload Attachments"

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 29th, 2016, 12:50 pm
^ I don't see that option when I post a reply.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby RollingCoasting on September 29th, 2016, 3:55 pm
Upload attachment.png

You should see this unless you are using Tapatalk
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 30th, 2016, 12:50 pm
Now I see it! Thanks RollingCoasting!
Attachments
9-30-2016 12-49-13 PM.jpg
example

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Chitown on October 1st, 2016, 4:01 am
Let's go over this.

1. Land locked park
2. About to be a 15 coaster park
3. Decent amount of flats

Basically, what you have is a sardine box. Unless you want 5 plus things removed for a huge coaster like Raging Bull, it isn't going to happen. They have to remove two rides just to put in Joker.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 1st, 2016, 7:58 am
^ All very relevant points! But, what if they recreate parking lot (as many have suggested they'd do if they bought the park - separate thread) and annex some of the parking lot into the park? They could put a massive giga coaster in the front of the park! Just a dream, I suppose.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby great america fan on October 1st, 2016, 10:28 am
Chitown wrote:Let's go over this.

1. Land locked park
2. About to be a 15 coaster park
3. Decent amount of flats

Basically, what you have is a sardine box. Unless you want 5 plus things removed for a huge coaster like Raging Bull, it isn't going to happen. They have to remove two rides just to put in Joker.

The park is Not land locked there's plenty of land still available, there's just no good way to get to it all there's a ton of land by the employee parking lot the problem is six flags would have to spend money to move the buildings around which they don't want to do.
great america fan

Postby gottastrata33 on October 1st, 2016, 10:43 am
In all reality, the number one thing on my wish list is a redo of the parks entrance whether it's expanded like we've discussed or just made NICE. Let's be honest, the old one was a lot nicer & classic than the half assed ugly one we have now. I will never forget seeing those pics of them knockin over those original ticket booths. :/

Anyways this is Joker - wrong thread butttttt I'm hoping to go tomorrow if it ever stops raining. Does the area look that different already?
gottastrata33

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum