Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Six flags great america Fright fest 2016

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby BCarroll on September 26th, 2016, 2:52 pm
batmanfan80 wrote:So did Batman really have an 85 min wait yesterday?

When I was there all day Saturday, the longest I saw it was through most of Gotham City Park, not the actual overflow. I waited through that and it was about a 75 min wait, including a 3 train wait for front row.
I was also there Sunday from about 3-close and the longest I saw it then was just in the main queue area.
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby RollingCoasting on September 26th, 2016, 3:10 pm
Since when does Batman have/run 3 trains?
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 26th, 2016, 3:13 pm
^It doesn't. BCarroll just waited 3 cycles for front row. Train A leaves, then B, then A again. She gets on Train B.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on September 26th, 2016, 3:33 pm
Misread it, I thought he said they were operating 3 trains :oops:
RollingCoasting

Postby BCarroll on September 26th, 2016, 7:30 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:^It doesn't. BCarroll just waited 3 cycles for front row. Train A leaves, then B, then A again. She gets on Train B.

He* :lol: but, it was actually nice to wait through the Gotham City Park section of the queue! Reminds me of the good ol days :D
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 26th, 2016, 7:30 pm
Oh whoops, sorry about that!

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby BCarroll on September 26th, 2016, 7:42 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Oh whoops, sorry about that!

No problem! My first name is Brett, last name is Carroll, which is a girls name! :lol: Did anyone try the new "Infestation" house, I saw it from atop on RB and it looked pretty neat.
BCarroll

Postby RollingCoasting on September 26th, 2016, 10:29 pm
For anyone that did Infestation, is it worth your money or no? I'm considering doing it.
RollingCoasting

Postby Viper 88 on September 27th, 2016, 12:06 am
Do it at night. Daytime is kind of blah.
Viper 88

Postby sfgam1 on September 27th, 2016, 8:12 am
Big Top and Infestation should both be done at night as they do not have roofs to block out natural light.

As for those complaining that this is the worst Fright Fest yet, let's remember that we just finished the FIRST WEEKEND. Every year, everyone complains that Fright Fest is worse than the previous year. If you want to go when it actually seems "like it used to be," go back in 2 weeks when everything is in full swing.

For those complaining about ride lines, IT'S FRIGHT FEST. What can you expect?? This is the biggest event for the park so don't expect short lines unless you plan to spend the money on a Flash Pass.

That is my rant, have a wonderful week, everyone!
sfgam1

Postby Jackluver18 on September 27th, 2016, 9:28 am
I did both Infestation and Big Top. I wasn't a big fan of Infestation because it was during the day, maybe next time I'll do it at night. Did Big Top at night and for anyone that went in it, the ending is what got me the most. If you haven't been in it, I won't spoil it but I did run into the wall when I got scared by the thing in the last room. I would do Big Top again though. MMC is my all time favorite haunted house. I skipped Manslaughter and Gates of Hell Saturday. I also did Apocolypse which was good as well.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 27th, 2016, 12:57 pm
I guess I'll tell everyone my experiences with the 3 houses I did:

-Apocalypse: It's the same as every other year. I still liked it, although I knew most of everything happening. I did get spooked by one or two actors, but overall, the scariest bit of this was the fact that there was leftover rainwater in the path.

-Gates of Hell: Have yet to do this one, so it was new for me. And I loved it! It's long, scary, has some nice effects, and overall is a nice experience. I love how they combined Mausoleum of Terror and Necropolis into one giant house. I do wish there were a few more props around, but they weren't really needed. I would certainly recommend it!

-Massacre Medical Center: I have yet to do this one, and it was such a relief to finally be able to do it. And I think this is my favorite one. Theming is fantastic, deceivingly large, and was a tad scary at some points! I would certainly do this again.

I was about to do BTT, but the line was too long for me. I might do Infestation, and I've already done MM before, but might do it again for this year.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on September 27th, 2016, 12:59 pm
Are all the houses the same price?
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 27th, 2016, 1:05 pm
Yes, it's $30 for a wristband. Another $10 gets you an express band.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on September 27th, 2016, 3:00 pm
Sounds fair-ish.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, but you were right about Fright Fest Opening Weekend having 20-30 minute waits. (At least for the time I was in the park) Thanks Cam!
RollingCoasting

Postby batmanfan80 on September 28th, 2016, 2:20 am
Well this really sucks. In 2012 and 2013, the first weekend of FF was like June with minimal waits. Now it seems like it's almost as bad as the worst days back then. It would not surprise me if next year Six Flags entices so many hordes to show up that you need to buy a season flash pass just to have a reasonable wait time for 90% of the season. The 10% reasonable days will only be that way because of overcast or rainy weather. Still gotta go back at least one day this year to use the dining and shopping passes. Maybe I'll hit 3 so-so weather days in a row like a couple years ago.
batmanfan80

Postby maxwellt on September 28th, 2016, 6:28 am
Id love to go to fright fest, but if it always is packed and lines are super long, then its not worth my 3hr drive to the park...

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby RollingCoasting on September 28th, 2016, 3:06 pm
This is why I get there at opening for Fright Fest - After an hour or so after opening, the line to get in is 3/4 that of Opening Day and lines for rides start to get longer
RollingCoasting

Postby momlovescoasters on September 29th, 2016, 1:44 pm
I hope the chance of showers and the many homecoming football games in WI keep the crowds light tomorrow.
momlovescoasters

Postby maxwellt on September 29th, 2016, 4:52 pm
Without a doubt it'll keep crouds lighter, but it is fright fest, so maybe lower crouds for fright fest standards

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby Jackluver18 on September 29th, 2016, 7:23 pm
Whose all planning on going tomorrow? My friends and I will be there. Just hope it doesn't rain too much tomorrow.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 29th, 2016, 7:34 pm
I think I will go as well. Warren's Homecoming Football game is that day, so hopefully crowds will be lighter.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Jackluver18 on September 29th, 2016, 7:39 pm
They're saying 60% chance of rain by 6 pm, so we'll see how much it rains.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby RollingCoasting on September 29th, 2016, 7:50 pm
I'll be there as well
RollingCoasting

Postby jackstephan on September 29th, 2016, 10:14 pm
Hello all, I am brand new to the site. My son (14 years old) and I are driving in from metro Detroit tomorrow (he has 1/2 day of school) and plan to be at the front gate at 4:30 pm. Which coasters do yo recommend that we hit first before it gets busy?
jackstephan

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum