Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Opening Weekend

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby hoju74 on April 19th, 2016, 9:15 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:First time going to opening day :)
. Same here. My son hit 48", so he's excited about the new rides he can go on.
hoju74

Postby RollerCoasterFavRide on April 20th, 2016, 12:17 pm
Your son will have so much fun! My kid just squeaked in at 48" last year and she loved all of the rides. We probably have a couple more years until we hit 54", but I'm looking forward to it! The taller they get the more options they get!
RollerCoasterFavRide

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on April 23rd, 2016, 11:55 pm
Heading for the park tomorrow. Could someone that went today update me on the coasters? Any running with less trains that normal? Don't want to wait in the wrong line.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby coasterkidd100 on April 24th, 2016, 12:06 am
X Flight ran with one train all day today. It took me forever to get through the line so you might want to avoid the coaster if the line is longer.
coasterkidd100

Postby X-Flight2012 on April 24th, 2016, 10:15 am
Raging Bull was running great! I was back row, far left of the yellow train and it was amazing. I actually got a few pops of ejector air towards the end and lots of floater air (even with the nasty trim). It was really running great! It moved up a few spots in my rankings!

Viper is also running very good. I found it to be a bit shaky, but it was tolerable throughout the ride. There was lots of great airtime on that too.

Lastly, Demon was doing pretty good. Even though I was in my "demon position", where I put my head in front of the OTSRs, it seemed pretty fun. Pretty forceful in the loops. (I loved the new fence paint, and sign.)
X-Flight2012

Postby hoju74 on April 25th, 2016, 7:16 am
Had a fantastic time on opening day, and it seemed the crowds didn't get bad until 3. As expected, the food service was pretty bad. My sister-in-law waited 40 minutes to refill our sports bottles and get funnel cakes. Can't wait to go back. I'm going to try for a Friday in May before Memorial Day.

Rides in chronological order:

Goliath (great way to start my 2016 season)
American Eagle (we were the first train of the season :D )
Revolution
Loggers Run
V2
Viper
Giant Drop
Demon
Superman
Sky Trek Tower
hoju74

Postby anewman35 on April 25th, 2016, 8:47 am
One thing that really annoyed me yesterday: we got there just as the front lot was filling up at about 11:30. They sent us thst direction, even though it was immediately clear that there were no spots left. The problem is they were basically doing nothing to control traffic/people to allow all the front lot cars to cross over. There were quite a few cars (including mine) stuck there for about a half-hour, and it could have been fixed in a minute if they just directed the traffic correctly. Very frustrating start to the season (especially since you'd think this situation must happen every day, do they have no plan?)
anewman35

Postby CoasterCale on April 26th, 2016, 8:20 am
X-Flight2012 wrote:Raging Bull was running great! I was back row, far left of the yellow train and it was amazing. I actually got a few pops of ejector air towards the end and lots of floater air (even with the nasty trim). It was really running great! It moved up a few spots in my rankings!

You wanna see a nasty trim? Go to Kings Island and Observe Diamondback. Even with that trim it's my new Number One Steel coaster.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Jodon on April 26th, 2016, 10:01 am
Did anyone who went opening weekend catch how much the season pass upgrades are with a regular admission ticket? If so, how much was a regular season pass upgrade, and how much was the gold pass upgrade for one person?
Jodon

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum