Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2017 speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby great america fan on February 9th, 2016, 12:37 pm
To early to tell but I'm hoping for a new launch coaster. :D
Last edited by great america fan on February 9th, 2016, 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
great america fan

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on February 9th, 2016, 12:42 pm
A speculation topic, eh?

These usually have 2 days to live. Sorry, but that's how it is.

But for 2017, I'm thinking a larger flat(Larson Fireball in RC spot) or a few family flats around the park(Flying Scooters, for example). We just got JL, so 2017 will be an "off year".

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby staticshadows on February 9th, 2016, 3:16 pm
Hopefully we are rewarded for another attendance increase in what was supposed to be a down year. http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160113/business/160119529/
I could see a Super Loop in the RC spot and the Pictorium demolished for a new Hurricane Harbor entrance and a 4D Free Fly coaster or a prototype of the RMC Raptor track coaster.

Have to figure that in 2017 Magic Mountain and Great Adventure will get Justice League, Over Georgia will get a water park expansion, and Over Texas a new coaster.

There should be more money available with the large land sale at Six Flags St Louis http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/eureka-oks-plan-for-new-subdivision/article_9be45cf2-0159-5e90-b151-5e39773cc244.html, continued park attendance increases, and licensing/management fees from Six Flags Dubai, Six Flags China, and the water park in Mexico.

The annual report and presentation comes out on February 18th and will give us a better financial picture.
staticshadows

Postby anewman35 on February 9th, 2016, 5:17 pm
We're one of the few Six Flags parks without a Super Loop or a SkyScreamer, so maybe it's time for that? It's also been a while since there have been any Water Park upgrades (and maybe the Season Pass Water Park Entrance is a test for a full fledged Water Park entrance one day?) Lastly, the park got a coaster of some sort every even year from 2008-2014, so they're based on that they'd be overdue for one in 2017 - this may go along with the first one, since Six Flags sometimes considers Super Loops to be coasters...
anewman35

Postby JaminOut on February 9th, 2016, 6:47 pm
^Don't begin to say we are getting a super loop. Unless it's with a flat ride package, I don't want to hear it.

I could see us getting a new waterslide at the current Waterpark entrance, probably a water coaster.

We also have the flop that is Buccaneer Battle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on February 9th, 2016, 6:53 pm
I don't see a coaster for 2017. I feel a super loop in RC spot. I somewhat enjoy a super loop though, I wouldn't complain. As long as they don't market it as a roller coaster. That gets irritating.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby anewman35 on February 9th, 2016, 7:34 pm
There's nothing wrong with a Super Loop. For what I would expect to be a semi-off-year, a Super Loop is better than getting some new Parade or something (although given the choice I'd pick a SkyScreamer). I don't even really think that it matters what they call it (and it seems like some Six Flags parks call them coasters and some don't). The only downside I could see is if they would claim it was a coaster and then not give us a coaster the next year, but I wouldn't see that happening - Great Adventure got a "coaster" Super Loop in 2015 and is getting a coaster in 2016, too.
anewman35

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on February 10th, 2016, 12:46 pm
I hope to see Buccaneer Battle removed and something fill in Cajuns old plot of land. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a Sky Screamer in Buccaneer Battles plot of land, and a super loop in Cajuns plot of land. I would love to see our Flat ride collection expanded. Now, with Justice League... a nice high capacity dark ride which is certain to be a smash hit with the general public... Buccaneer Battle is completely useless, lol. The park is essentially just paying people to stand there all day.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby staticshadows on February 10th, 2016, 1:51 pm
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:I hope to see Buccaneer Battle removed and something fill in Cajuns old plot of land. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a Sky Screamer in Buccaneer Battles plot of land, and a super loop in Cajuns plot of land. I would love to see our Flat ride collection expanded. Now, with Justice League... a nice high capacity dark ride which is certain to be a smash hit with the general public... Buccaneer Battle is completely useless, lol. The park is essentially just paying people to stand there all day.

The Joker 4D Free Fly coaster would fit perfectly in Buccaneer Battle's spot. I would put the Sky Screamer in Revolution's spot.

I wonder if the trend of relocating a coaster when we receive one will continue? V2 could go to just about any park and Superman would fit in St Louis or Fiesta Texas. Removing Yankee Clipper like California's Great America and removing V2 would open up a nice chunk of land.
staticshadows

Postby Muck Finnesota on February 10th, 2016, 2:05 pm
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:I somewhat enjoy a super loop though

Me too- at carnivals.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on February 10th, 2016, 4:28 pm
staticshadows wrote:
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:I hope to see Buccaneer Battle removed and something fill in Cajuns old plot of land. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a Sky Screamer in Buccaneer Battles plot of land, and a super loop in Cajuns plot of land. I would love to see our Flat ride collection expanded. Now, with Justice League... a nice high capacity dark ride which is certain to be a smash hit with the general public... Buccaneer Battle is completely useless, lol. The park is essentially just paying people to stand there all day.

The Joker 4D Free Fly coaster would fit perfectly in Buccaneer Battle's spot. I would put the Sky Screamer in Revolution's spot.

I wonder if the trend of relocating a coaster when we receive one will continue? V2 could go to just about any park and Superman would fit in St Louis or Fiesta Texas. Removing Yankee Clipper like California's Great America and removing V2 would open up a nice chunk of land.

I actually like V2. Removing it would leave a gap that can't be filled by much. It's already barely fitting in. The only thing I can think of that'd fit is a Sky Rocket II, and that would look ugly in YH.

Superman and TDK can go away, though. A nice Mack or B&M launch would work well there.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on February 10th, 2016, 5:00 pm
If they were to remove V2 and not fill in the gap of not having a launch coaster, I'll be enraged. Not okay with me.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby coasterrider2 on February 10th, 2016, 5:12 pm
I'm sure they'll keep your feelings in mind when it's removed in fifteen years.
coasterrider2

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on February 10th, 2016, 5:15 pm
^By then I'm sure we'll have a true, full circuit launch coaster.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby FParker185 on February 10th, 2016, 6:27 pm
I honestly can't imagine the ride has 15 years left in it. Ride has had issues since day one, if there was any room for anything else to fit in it's place, I bet it would have been gone a while ago.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby great america fan on February 10th, 2016, 6:34 pm
I could see a sky rocket two in cajun's spot it could fit the spot may have to be expanded a little though
Last edited by great america fan on February 10th, 2016, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
great america fan

Postby staticshadows on February 10th, 2016, 7:10 pm
great america fan wrote:I could see a sky rocket two in cajun's spot it could fit the spot may have two be expanded a little

A Sky Rocket II might fit in V2's spot if they demolished a couple of buildings and filled in some of the water, but would not fit in RC's spot. The pad for RC is about 65 ft by 144 ft and it looks like a Sky Rocket II needs a pad that is a least 95 ft by 250 ft plus extra room for a queue. It is the same issue with the S&S 4D Free Fly, looks like they need about 80 ft by 280 ft plus an entrance and queue area.
staticshadows

Postby coasterrider2 on February 10th, 2016, 8:40 pm
The issues v2 has are mainly electrical and controls in nature. The ride is mechanically and structurally fine. It takes up hardly any space and is still popular. All similar rides are still in fine condition as well. They've been painting and replacing parts on the train every year. Maybe not fifteen years, but It's not going anywhere anytime soon.
coasterrider2

Postby chrisisdragon on February 10th, 2016, 9:47 pm
This wont be a speculation thread with out someone saying that american eagle going to be going under a rocky mountain construction treatment to it lol
chrisisdragon

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on February 10th, 2016, 9:58 pm
^ It's never a speculation topic unless someone yells out "AquaTrax!"

So AquaTrax to replace RC

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby JaminOut on February 10th, 2016, 11:15 pm
^What about a launched RMC Giga Aquatrax that spins and has a section that goes under the parking lot?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Coaster Justin on February 10th, 2016, 11:18 pm
3 Wishes:

- Proslide Hydro Magnetic Waterslide
- Funtime 200ft Star Flyer
- Camp Cartoon makeover like SFOG with Flying Scooters, Junior Drop Tower, and a Fun House
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on February 10th, 2016, 11:21 pm
FParker185 wrote:I honestly can't imagine the ride has 15 years left in it. Ride has had issues since day one, if there was any room for anything else to fit in it's place, I bet it would have been gone a while ago.

So basically your saying that V2 will be Six Flags America's next coaster?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterCale on February 11th, 2016, 1:52 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
FParker185 wrote:I honestly can't imagine the ride has 15 years left in it. Ride has had issues since day one, if there was any room for anything else to fit in it's place, I bet it would have been gone a while ago.

So basically your saying that V2 will be Six Flags America's next coaster?

It's *you're and I could see it there eventually. The Invertigo left a decent footprint.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on February 11th, 2016, 3:15 pm
^Our inverted boomerang left a decent footprint too, and look what happened to us. And we're the better park.

I really don't think V2 would do anything to SFA. They already have a launched coaster and an inverted coaster(albeit it's not that good), so it wouldn't fill any holes. I think it'll stay a while here. Besides, what'd you want more here, a giant, out-of-theme coaster, or another abandoned station with giant slabs of concrete, an empty queue line, and ugly footers in the water?

Guy_With_A_Stick

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum