Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

What's One Ride You Wish Came Back?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby jmanporty7 on April 1st, 2016, 12:49 pm
Does the Chang/Green Lantern relocation count?
jmanporty7

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 1st, 2016, 3:31 pm
I wouldn't see why not.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby stergmi on May 4th, 2016, 9:36 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:Does the Chang/Green Lantern relocation count?

So I'm kinda new to whole theme park community so I didn't start following park news until about a year or so ago but why would Chang have ever came to us if we had Iron Wolf? Or would it just be a ride rotation thing with Wolf still going to Maryland?
stergmi

Postby jmanporty7 on May 4th, 2016, 9:39 pm
stergmi wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:Does the Chang/Green Lantern relocation count?

So I'm kinda new to whole theme park community so I didn't start following park news until about a year or so ago but why would Chang have ever came to us if we had Iron Wolf? Or would it just be a ride rotation thing with Wolf still going to Maryland?

It was rumored that it was going to be converted to a floorless coaster (like what Cedar Point did with Rougarou) called Green Lantern and be put in the location where Riptide bay is currently, in the front of the park. But obviously that didn't happen.
jmanporty7

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 4th, 2016, 9:41 pm
We were supposed to get Chang in 2011, along with a rumored floorless conversion. The city, however, didn't approve the plans, so we got Riptide Bay instead. Iron Wolf was destined to leave, regardless if we got Chang or not.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby stergmi on May 4th, 2016, 9:45 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:We were supposed to get Chang in 2011, along with a rumored floorless conversion. The city, however, didn't approve the plans, so we got Riptide Bay instead. Iron Wolf was destined to leave, regardless if we got Chang or not.

Well call me sentimental but I really miss Wolf and Shockwave.
stergmi

Postby Carlo on May 5th, 2016, 9:20 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:We were supposed to get Chang in 2011, along with a rumored floorless conversion. The city, however, didn't approve the plans, so we got Riptide Bay instead. Iron Wolf was destined to leave, regardless if we got Chang or not.

This is incorrect the city did approve there initial plans and was slated for final approval. But the park decided not to go with Chang because they never wanted it. At the time the Six Flags corp was run differently and basically whatever the CEO said was what the park got. I believe about two or three weeks before the final approval meeting for Chang the CEO Mark Shapiro was fired and once that happened the plans were scraped and we got Riptide bay instead. Also and interesting note is the crappy music they played in the part at the time was also because of Shapiro and once he got fired the music was switch back.
Carlo
Carlo

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 5th, 2016, 10:33 pm
Ah, I see. And yet another reason why Shapiro was a terrible CEO.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Six Flags Fan on May 6th, 2016, 12:47 am
Shapiro leaving was the best thing that ever happened to Six Flags. We would have never gotten X-Flight or Goliath if he was still in charge.
Six Flags Fan

Postby CoasterCale on May 6th, 2016, 2:51 pm
Well the crappy music is here to stay throughout the whole park so there's that. I miss Iron Wolf as well. But I am satisfied with it's replacement. Whether you wanna say it's Goliath or X-Flight, idc. Both are great.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Johnska on May 6th, 2016, 4:00 pm
CoasterCale wrote:Well the crappy music is here to stay throughout the whole park so there's that. I miss Iron Wolf as well. But I am satisfied with it's replacement. Whether you wanna say it's Goliath or X-Flight, idc. Both are great.
X-Flight is (imho) one of the best rides in the park, just behind RB. To me, Goliath was way overhyped. I don't see it being there long. X-Flight (with the reridability and all) really resonates to me and my family.
Johnska

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 6th, 2016, 4:20 pm
^Just because you don't like Goliath doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't either. It's in the top 2 attractions in the park(still think RB has a slightly better rider count with the great capacity and all), and consistently gets 1-1.5 hour lines. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. I honestly see Demon going before Goliath, and even then, Demon just keeps getting upgrades.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby JaminOut on May 6th, 2016, 10:43 pm
1. Raging Bull
2. X-Flight/Goliath
3. Batman
4. Superman
5. Vertical Velocity

At least, that's how I see it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby stockboy300 on May 10th, 2016, 3:38 pm
Deja Vu!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
stockboy300

Postby RBullFan97 on May 10th, 2016, 5:36 pm
This may seem to be an odd choice considering a lot of people are naming coasters, but I wish Sky Whirl would come back. I was only 3 when they took it out, although I was on it as my parents have told me. It was a very nice family ride in the center of the park, and the absence of Sky Whirl leaves a big void in our ride collection, which is a Ferris Wheel. And to see what's in it's spot now makes it even extra sad.

As far as rides go that I wish I could've gone on but never did, but not that I'd necessarily bring them back, would be Shockwave and Deja Vu.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby Johnska on May 11th, 2016, 7:55 pm
RBullFan97 wrote:This may seem to be an odd choice considering a lot of people are naming coasters, but I wish Sky Whirl would come back. I was only 3 when they took it out, although I was on it as my parents have told me. It was a very nice family ride in the center of the park, and the absence of Sky Whirl leaves a big void in our ride collection, which is a Ferris Wheel. And to see what's in it's spot now makes it even extra sad.

As far as rides go that I wish I could've gone on but never did, but not that I'd necessarily bring them back, would be Shockwave and Deja Vu.

We really do need a ferris wheel. I feel Six Flags won't install one because they're crazy. Also, it would be easy to add to our RCT recreations :lol:
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:^Just because you don't like Goliath doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't either. It's in the top 2 attractions in the park(still think RB has a slightly better rider cdunt with the great capacity and all), and consistently gets 1-1.5 hour lines. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. I honestly see Demon going before Goliath, and even then, Demon just keeps getting upgrades.
Goliath is great, don't get me wrong, but it's definitely flawed. Also, I meant "not staying for long" compared to the other coasters in the park and in the world.
Johnska

Postby Viper 88 on May 12th, 2016, 2:36 pm
We had an awesome ferris wheel Sky Whirl. I really wish they would have it rebuilt from the ground up hopefully with 3 arms, but if we could only get 2 then so be it; but alas it will never happen. Ripping out daredevil dive and putting in another bottoms up would be on my list too.
Viper 88

Postby UnclePennybags on May 12th, 2016, 6:37 pm
Johnska wrote:I'm probably also going to post this on the general forum...but at SFGAM what is the ride you wish you could get back?

Sky Whirl. Not thrilling, but it was a good family ride.
Last edited by UnclePennybags on May 13th, 2016, 12:59 am, edited 7 times in total.
UnclePennybags

Postby Viper 88 on May 12th, 2016, 6:43 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:
Johnska wrote:I'm probably also going to post this on the general forum...but at SFGAM what is the ride you wish you could get back?

I'm telling you I never was on it but to me I would love it. While wishing for things Shockwave, Great America Raceway and Hay Baler and Bottoms Up.
Viper 88

Postby Viper 88 on May 13th, 2016, 6:23 pm
Yukon Yahoo would be cool to see too.
Viper 88

Postby stergmi on May 15th, 2016, 9:37 am
Viper 88 wrote:
UnclePennybags wrote:

I'm telling you I never was on it but to me I would love it. While wishing for things Shockwave, Great America Raceway and Hay Baler and Bottoms Up.

Damn I loved Hay Baler as a kid. I think there's still a clone of it running at Indiana Beach.
stergmi

Postby Viper 88 on May 15th, 2016, 12:38 pm
music express I don't know why they don't just call it a Himalaya and be done with it.
Viper 88

Postby Dmrbug on May 15th, 2016, 4:58 pm
Z-Force, Hay Baler, Title Wave, and Sky Whirl would be the top rides I would like to see come back
Dmrbug

Postby Re-Check 9 on May 15th, 2016, 8:06 pm
I liked shock wave but the last time I rode it it was just too rough, so I'm at peace with it being gone. I never rode Z force or deja vu, so I'd like to see those back. As far as flats, I guess I'm the only one who misses the Cajun Cliffhanger. The version that carnivals have just isn't the same.
Re-Check 9

Postby [jonrev] on May 27th, 2016, 2:45 am
I wouldn't miss Shockwave as much if its replacement wasn't such a steaming pile of mediocrity.

But really... Deja Vu or Sky Whirl.
[jonrev]

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum