Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby ChicagoCoasters on December 7th, 2017, 9:53 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:How to they install that?

They have a someone go up there and hang the lights.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby onyxhotel08 on December 8th, 2017, 10:58 am
By hand? Must be someone not afraid of heights.... :shock:
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby CoasterRiderSC on December 8th, 2017, 1:24 pm
Couldn't they just bring the cabin down and load up the lights while on the ground? I would think they do the the gorilla the same way.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby ChicagoCoasters on December 9th, 2017, 9:43 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Couldn't they just bring the cabin down and load up the lights while on the ground? I would think they do the the gorilla the same way.

If you look at the picture the lights aren't on the cabin, they are on the top. Same with Larry the Gorilla they just have him rest on the top of the cabin.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby great america fan on January 13th, 2018, 10:14 am
So no coaster con is today is anyone going?
great america fan

Postby RollingCoasting on January 13th, 2018, 2:20 pm
I didn't go, but apparently the video only talked about the annual "Coaster Challenge 5K". Nothing of interest
RollingCoasting

Postby MrsTaxi on January 13th, 2018, 3:38 pm
That's disappointing. :(
MrsTaxi

Postby Coaster Justin on January 15th, 2018, 8:11 am
RollingCoasting wrote:I didn't go, but apparently the video only talked about the annual "Coaster Challenge 5K". Nothing of interest

Coaster Challenge was a separate presentation... from someone who showed up.

SFGAm gave so little information, They didn't even say when the park opens. Coaster Challenge gave more info about SFGAm than they did cause apparently the park opens at 11:00am nowadays or at least they will that date the 5K Run is.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby n9yty on January 16th, 2018, 4:27 pm
What's up with the "Gold Plus" membership? How does it compare to a Gold Season Pass? I saw the 20% shopping discount which you get with a Premium Dining Pass, but hard to compare to other benefits already in the Gold Season Pass. They put a lot of marketing in the pages, but little real information. LoL
n9yty

Postby RollingCoasting on January 27th, 2018, 4:13 pm
https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/s ... o-glow-run

2018 Glow Run details have been posted
RollingCoasting

Postby MrsTaxi on January 30th, 2018, 7:09 pm
April and May schedule is posted on Sixflags.com! Shoot, I was hoping for an earlier opening!
MrsTaxi

Postby RollingCoasting on January 30th, 2018, 7:24 pm
Heard through the grapevine that the park is pushing opening weekend up to April 14th, with private events the week before. (Not yet confirmed though)

Looking forward to another great season!
RollingCoasting

Postby MrsTaxi on January 30th, 2018, 7:28 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Heard through the grapevine that the park is pushing opening weekend up to April 14th, with private events the week before. (Not yet confirmed though)

Looking forward to another great season!

Thanks for the tip.
MrsTaxi

Postby ChicagoCoasters on February 3rd, 2018, 12:21 pm
Park hours till Memorial Day have been posted along with Hurricane Harbor hours in its first weekend.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby ChicagoCoasters on February 11th, 2018, 11:22 pm
Does anybody know what is happening to the Coldstone in Southwest Territory? Apparently Six Flags is done with Coldstone. Magic Mountain replaced their Coldstone with a Soft Serve Ice Cream Place. Fiesta Texas is replacing their Coldstone with a funnel cake place. Fiesta Texas is also replacing another funnel cake place with a Dole Whip place. Over Texas has these Dole Whips too. Personally, I would love a Dole Whip place and it would fit perfectly in the Coldstone spot. However, without Colstone we don't have much other Ice Cream choices. The ones we have are the Dippin Dots carts, the ice cream on funnel cake sundaes and in root beer floats, 6 Below- the Fro-Yo place that is never open, and the 6-Below in Hurricane Harbor. Also, a bunch of Six Flags parks are opening Coaster Candy; which is Six Flags' brand of candy. I know Six Flags America added this recently, Fiesta Texas is transforming their candy shop into a Coaster Candy this year. I know Trudy's Sweet Shoppe sells Coaster Candy product but isn't themed to it. Do you guys think that it might get rethemed?
ChicagoCoasters

Postby coasterfanatic on February 12th, 2018, 1:25 pm
Coldstone will become Six Flag's in-house brand, Six Below.
coasterfanatic

Postby MrsTaxi on February 18th, 2018, 8:52 am
A little off season look at the park. (Not my video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPE1sAUZSSY
MrsTaxi

Postby acutler on February 18th, 2018, 2:52 pm
Did anyone notice on the Six Flags Great America website it says season passes include Holiday in the park?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 1.45.11 PM.png
acutler

Postby UnclePennybags on February 18th, 2018, 3:26 pm
acutler wrote:Did anyone notice on the Six Flags Great America website it says season passes include Holiday in the park?

Perhaps SFGAm intends to celebrate Holiday in the Park on April 1.
UnclePennybags

Postby anewman35 on February 18th, 2018, 8:56 pm
acutler wrote:Did anyone notice on the Six Flags Great America website it says season passes include Holiday in the park?

Could mean something. Or could just be referring to Holiday in the Park at other parks (or just be a mistake they forgot to remove from the standard language used for all the other parks). Time will tell, I guess.
anewman35

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on February 18th, 2018, 9:55 pm
More likely than not, it's probably just a copy + paste from all the other parks' Season Pass page. I wouldn't think much of it

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby onyxhotel08 on February 19th, 2018, 10:43 am
That video was really cool. I didn't know you're not allowed to fly a drone over the park. I've seen them before...is it a safety issue because they are afraid someone will drop something on them?
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby SFGAM_Hog on February 19th, 2018, 10:52 am
I really don't think Holiday in the Park would be a good fit for our park. The weather here isn't predictable. Many rides cant run at low temperatures, and honestly, if no to little rides were running wouldn't it be a waste of money to go if you weren't a season pass or membership holder? (Six Flags just wants money, I know) This is only my opinion about HITP. Judging by the number of people that went to Last Call Festival, I don't think people would like going at below freezing temperatures later in the year.
Last edited by SFGAM_Hog on February 19th, 2018, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby MrsTaxi on February 19th, 2018, 10:58 am
onyxhotel08 wrote:That video was really cool. I didn't know you're not allowed to fly a drone over the park. I've seen them before...is it a safety issue because they are afraid someone will drop something on them?

He said security told him it wasn't allowed due to it being in a NO fly zone. Guess because of the airport. Not sure how accurate that is.
MrsTaxi

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on February 19th, 2018, 2:19 pm
I don't know if any of you listen to the Holiday World Podcast, but this week they did an interesting interview with the guy who flies their drone and all the rules and regulations they have to follow. Really interesting stuff!
Whizzer Whiz Kid

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum