Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby ledgeland on March 5th, 2019, 8:40 pm
Whatever happened to repainting the flumes? Last year there were some supports on one of them with a new green and I figured that meant a full repaint. Could see from Logger’s Run line.
ledgeland

Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 5th, 2019, 9:02 pm
Maybe they are going to continue repainting early this season :)
SFGAM_Hog

Postby BCarroll on March 6th, 2019, 10:13 am
ledgeland wrote:Whatever happened to repainting the flumes? Last year there were some supports on one of them with a new green and I figured that meant a full repaint. Could see from Logger’s Run line.

The new green color was on the newly installed sections of water delivery pipes to the top of the lift. Clipper had some replaced, and Loggers got a new lift belt late last season. The park experimented with the color on a few of Clippers supports but it was mostly to cover up the spots where the paint has eroded.
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby ledgeland on March 6th, 2019, 6:40 pm
Thanks! The flumes would look great again if they painted both of them that new green all over. My family is a big fan of the flumes and really would like if they were fully refreshed: repainted, get both sides of the drop working again, replace and add more logs/boats. If there is some valid reason both sides of the drop can't operate like they used to maybe they could just remove the sides that aren't used. It would look better.
ledgeland

Postby Nystagmus on March 6th, 2019, 7:16 pm
staticshadows wrote:The course map is up for the DC Wonder Woman Run.
https://dcwonderwomanrun.com/chicago

That's bizarre the 5K race has different start and end points. I'm curious as to how they'll coordinate this. Are they going to have people park at Gurnee Mills and shuttle them to the start line at the park?
Nystagmus

Postby SaveTheWAVE on March 28th, 2019, 10:42 pm
Giant Drop’s vehicles are stored at the top of the tower. Opening day is almost here!!!
SaveTheWAVE

Postby BCarroll on April 6th, 2019, 10:25 am
This is not confirmed, however, I've heard from a park source that S: UF's on-ride camera may be removed this season. Rumor has it that it will go to Maxx. If the park decides to get a new one for Maxx then S: UF's will likely remain in place.
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 6th, 2019, 10:49 am
I don't know when the last time I saw SUF's photo booth open. Makes sense to me.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RBullFan97 on April 6th, 2019, 10:55 am
If Superman's on ride photo is removed, that's really not much of a loss. The fact that it was at the bottom of the pretzel loop meant that it was near impossible to pose for it and the photos always came out unflattering. :lol:
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby great america fan on April 8th, 2019, 8:06 pm
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv-jeduB6gR/
sorry for the crosspost(Tappatalk isn't letting me post pictures again :roll: )but spotted this at the Volo Auto Museum. Only $4995 :lol:
great america fan

Postby cliffhanger on April 10th, 2019, 9:56 am
great america fan wrote:...spotted this at the Volo Auto Museum.

Such a shame that this was taken out. It was a nice break from thrill rides.
cliffhanger

Postby Goku1910 on April 13th, 2019, 7:04 pm
Copied from the Maxx Force Thread since it belongs here:

SFGAM_Hog wrote:Anything new at the park you could notice?

Not too much, Carousel Gifts is unchanged on the outside, Pictorium sign and all of it's canopies are still intact, some stores now have Dining pass snacks all in one spot so you know what the pass is valid on, and Bull yellow train looks like it got new lapbars. There's nothing super note-worthy so I didn't remember it all. I mainly focused on the Maxx Force area before ditching the park from the cold.

Here's the train status:

SUF: 1
X-flight: 1
Eagle: 2 (red)
Viper: 2
BTR: 2
Goliath:: 1 (Orange/train 1)
Bull: 2 (Teal/Yellow)
Whizzer: Appears to have one wrapped at the ride.
Demon: DNR but looked like at least two. (Black/Red)
Last edited by Goku1910 on April 13th, 2019, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby DejaVu2001 on April 13th, 2019, 8:56 pm
Ride Status has been updated based on reports from today.
DejaVu2001

Postby DropDeadFuzzy on April 13th, 2019, 9:00 pm
Is Superman being repainted as it looks like the turn out of the station has been painted.
DropDeadFuzzy

Postby Goku1910 on April 13th, 2019, 9:05 pm
Honestly, I don't know.....I noticed the yellow rails looked painted but then I remembered that's the only part of the track that hasn't completely faded.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby great america fan on April 13th, 2019, 10:02 pm
Did anyone else at the park today see the dead bird in the middle of the midway by carousel gifts? it looked like it had been there for some time (I Assume it fell off of a construction vehicle for max force). Either way, not the best look for "the cleanest theme park in the world"
great america fan

Postby JT2002 on April 15th, 2019, 10:51 pm
Jiggidy's back and there's a new "CapeAPalooza" shop where the Goliath arcade was. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj9dIa3RvVw
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 16th, 2019, 7:48 am
^ There is also a new store for all the Great America merchandise in Orleans Place called "Great America Emporium" and all the Looney Toons merchandise was moved to El Mercado. It sounds like Carousel Gifts is going to be entirely Maxx Force merchandise if they needed to move everything that was in there to separate stores.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JaminOut on April 19th, 2019, 11:14 am
Grab and Go meals coming to a stand near you this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 19th, 2019, 11:23 am
Anyone at the park: is the area behind the shops in Yukon Territory blocked off for the Hell Fest haunted house still? I hope it isn't up all year long because it's a nice walkway to view V2 and get away from the midway.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JaminOut on April 19th, 2019, 11:32 am
Getting into the park, all employees are using phone cameras to scan passes. They are also taking your photo for ID purposes in place of biometric scans.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RandomDoof on April 19th, 2019, 3:22 pm
There’s a new shooting game on the strip of arcade games next to Chubasco, seems like it’s from Silver Dollar City? https://m.imgur.com/a/30fctPO
RandomDoof

Postby anewman35 on April 19th, 2019, 4:07 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Anyone at the park: is the area behind the shops in Yukon Territory blocked off for the Hell Fest haunted house still? I hope it isn't up all year long because it's a nice walkway to view V2 and get away from the midway.

It's blocked...
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on April 19th, 2019, 4:19 pm
Dining pass: I can post the guide later if nobody else does, but it looks largely simliar. You can now get drinks or fudge as a snack, but funnel cakes aren't on it anymore. Nothing else on it leapt out at me as different...
anewman35

Postby JaminOut on April 19th, 2019, 4:38 pm
Lights on Batman in the tunnel are functional once again... don’t remember if they worked last year or not. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum