Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JackGlass on March 31st, 2024, 7:21 pm
I can't wait until Cedar Fair takes the reins.
JackGlass

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 31st, 2024, 9:50 pm
JackGlass wrote:I can't wait until Cedar Fair takes the reins.

^^^^THIS

I've LOVED the food at all the Cedar parks I've been to: Cedar Point, Kings Island, Worlds of Fun.

The daily food pass is really a sweet deal : $35 for a meal every 90 minutes
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Goku1910 on April 1st, 2024, 6:07 pm
I wouldn't expect much change very quickly. They barely have majority control of the new merged company and don't forget that our favorite CEO still has a position on the new board.
Goku1910

Postby staticshadows on April 1st, 2024, 6:22 pm
Goku1910 wrote:and don't forget that our favorite CEO still has a position on the new board.

It sounds like he won't be around much.
On October 21, 2023, Messrs. Zimmerman and Bassoul had a call where they discussed general status and updates regarding the transaction, and aspects of Mr. Bassoul’s position as Chairman or Executive Chairman of the board of the combined company, including the responsibilities and duties thereof and that, although the position would require business time in the United States, Mr. Bassoul’s primary residence would be in Dubai after the Closing

https://otp.tools.investis.com/generic/sec/sec-show.aspx?ipage=17224713&Cik=0000701374&Type=PDF
staticshadows

Postby Goku1910 on April 2nd, 2024, 1:30 pm
staticshadows wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:and don't forget that our favorite CEO still has a position on the new board.

It sounds like he won't be around much.
On October 21, 2023, Messrs. Zimmerman and Bassoul had a call where they discussed general status and updates regarding the transaction, and aspects of Mr. Bassoul’s position as Chairman or Executive Chairman of the board of the combined company, including the responsibilities and duties thereof and that, although the position would require business time in the United States, Mr. Bassoul’s primary residence would be in Dubai after the Closing

https://otp.tools.investis.com/generic/sec/sec-show.aspx?ipage=17224713&Cik=0000701374&Type=PDF

Still happy to be rid of him and the previous management that stuck to the mentality of always doing something new even if the quality of said thing sucks.

I'll stick to my point though, I wouldn't expect rapid-fire changes so soon after the merger closes.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby coasterfanatic on April 2nd, 2024, 1:35 pm
Yeah. If the merger closes in enough time, 2025 is when you can start to see some changes and cross-over. I imagine the pass system will once again be revamped with the old legacy memberships finally being completely discontinued and the highest level of pass being good at all CF and Six Flags parks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby Goku1910 on April 2nd, 2024, 1:37 pm
coasterfanatic wrote: I imagine the pass system will once again be revamped with the old legacy memberships finally being completely discontinued and the highest level of pass being good at all CF and Six Flags parks.

That's the day I am dreading as a legacy Diamond member. Included dining, daily skip the lines, etc.
Goku1910

Postby coasterfanatic on April 2nd, 2024, 1:39 pm
Yep. I’m a legacy member as well, but it’s inevitable at some point. They aren’t going to continue honoring a discontinued pass forever.

coasterfanatic

Postby JackGlass on April 3rd, 2024, 12:13 am
I like the way Cedar Fair goes the extra mile. This whole windy city bar just shows the complete lack of effort and common sense. Giving a bar in the Southwest territory a southwest theme should be simple. leave it to the current Six Flags management to screw it up
JackGlass

Postby coasterfanatic on April 3rd, 2024, 1:13 am
JackGlass wrote:I like the way Cedar Fair goes the extra mile. This whole windy city bar just shows the complete lack of effort and common sense. Giving a bar in the Southwest territory a southwest theme should be simple. leave it to the current Six Flags management to screw it up
Agreed, but theming went out the window a long time ago at Six. Even under JRA they gave up on theming.

Also, side note: a friend of mine who lives the park has pointed that that they have (finally) fixed the light on Eagles helix!!

coasterfanatic

Postby Goku1910 on April 4th, 2024, 4:17 pm
I should clarify that JRA did make some attempts at theming, Buccaneer Battle when it opened was some of the best (although out of place) theming SF has done during my time visiting.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby gottastrata33 on April 5th, 2024, 8:24 pm
Goku1910 wrote:I should clarify that JRA did make some attempts at theming, Buccaneer Battle when it opened was some of the best (although out of place) theming SF has done during my time visiting.

I agree, it's a very fun & well themed ride. Whatever coaster they put there, it should fit a pirate theme & they can easily repurpose some of it. It would be like the battle was won by the pirates lol idk. Easy way to reuse some things & make better use of the area.
gottastrata33

Postby coasterfanatic on April 5th, 2024, 9:27 pm
Yes, until he ripped up Hometown Square for Ignite The Grand Bust…

coasterfanatic

Postby Goku1910 on April 5th, 2024, 9:33 pm
Can't deny that one. Ignite replaced the one good parade we had which was Glow in the Park.
Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 5th, 2024, 10:20 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:I should clarify that JRA did make some attempts at theming, Buccaneer Battle when it opened was some of the best (although out of place) theming SF has done during my time visiting.

I agree, it's a very fun & well themed ride. Whatever coaster they put there, it should fit a pirate theme & they can easily repurpose some of it. It would be like the battle was won by the pirates lol idk. Easy way to reuse some things & make better use of the area.

Strata - Are you saying you LIKE Suck-a-Neer Battle?? Even though it replaced a certain fave ride of yours?!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on April 6th, 2024, 12:22 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:

Strata - Are you saying you LIKE Suck-a-Neer Battle?? Even though it replaced a certain fave ride of yours?!

That reminds me of a video I found while reading years-old conversations on this forum. Here it is if you want it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FoKQFqjgIo

ALL CREDIT GOES TO THE ORIGINAL CREATOR OF THE VIDEO!!
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Postby gottastrata33 on April 6th, 2024, 5:36 am
LOL noooo I will NEVER forgive the death of Déjà Vu. Especially for BB. I'm simply stating that it did have a cute theme to it. They did go all out on it when theming is often overlooked or minimal. So that is at least impressive if I had to say anything positive about it. So now that it's dead, I say use its theming for a much better ride rather than scrap it all. Imagine we get a super boomerang in that plot. How ironic that would be...
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on April 6th, 2024, 7:24 am
JackGlass

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 6th, 2024, 11:24 am
JackGlass wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FoKQFqjgIo

:lol: Someone had to say it lol

Short and to the point!!

That was CoasterDave316 that posted the video!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby MrsTaxi on April 6th, 2024, 9:39 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MrsTaxi

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on April 6th, 2024, 10:46 pm

I especially like how he takes a drink before saying the punchline. :lol:
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Postby staticshadows on April 9th, 2024, 8:59 am
New permit.

staticshadows

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on April 9th, 2024, 5:08 pm
staticshadows wrote:New permit.

Looks like construction on that brand-new entrance is finally making progress. Personally, I thought the old entrance just needed some new paint, but I am interested in the new overflow pavilion going up.
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Postby Goku1910 on April 9th, 2024, 8:24 pm
You know what I really miss? Our old ticket booths that were replaced with a cheap awning that looks to be made of cheap cardboard.
Goku1910

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on April 10th, 2024, 2:38 am
Goku1910 wrote:You know what I really miss? Our old ticket booths that were replaced with a cheap awning that looks to be made of cheap cardboard.

I had no idea that the booths had been changed from Opening Day 1976. I have only been going to Great America for 7-8 years now which I know is amateur numbers in this group. Does anybody have a picture of the old entrance? I'm either dumb or I can't find a picture online.

(On another note, does anybody have any idea how that new American Eagle entrance is coming along? Haven't heard much about it.)
Blue_Toad_Coasters

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum