Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby DejaVu2001 on December 5th, 2016, 5:34 pm
Google now has Streetview inside the park from October 2015

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3663125 ... 312!8i6656
DejaVu2001

Postby RollingCoasting on December 5th, 2016, 6:15 pm
^ That's been up there for a while :P

I wonder what it would be like to see the Google Street View guy just strolling around with his bike.. Anyone happen to see him on that day?
Last edited by RollingCoasting on December 30th, 2016, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RollingCoasting

Postby Coaster Justin on December 7th, 2016, 11:31 am
CoasterCale wrote:I find it interesting they use Garfield. Kennywood already has a dark ride with him as the centerfold.

And that ride is horrible.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby great america fan on December 7th, 2016, 11:38 am
Coaster Justin wrote:
CoasterCale wrote:I find it interesting they use Garfield. Kennywood already has a dark ride with him as the centerfold.

And that ride is horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AhgIRvE1Hs
we should have a ride based on garfelo
great america fan

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on December 7th, 2016, 12:35 pm
Sorry for being absent for awhile yall. Anyways, I got the survey too. The Salon sounds like a good idea, the menu looks pretty good! For sure better than JB's.
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 507
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterNick3157 on December 7th, 2016, 3:32 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:I'm 99% sure those are fake. But if they are true, we'll know next season. The rumor says it closes after 2017.

the way six flags being doing their coaster they usually drop a coaster when they build one
CoasterNick3157

Postby Coaster Justin on December 8th, 2016, 2:57 am
CoasterNick3157 wrote:
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:I'm 99% sure those are fake. But if they are true, we'll know next season. The rumor says it closes after 2017.

the way six flags being doing their coaster they usually drop a coaster when they build one

What coaster did we lose to install Joker?

Coaster Justin

Postby JaminOut on December 8th, 2016, 7:35 am
^Joker was the exception.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on December 8th, 2016, 5:12 pm
I think it's more of a coincidence that Ragin' Cajun closed before Goliath came in. It could've easily closed in 2012 or 2014 when small additions were to be added the next years.

Though likely untrue, I heard Iron Wolf closed because it's location was originally supposed to be where X-Flight was going. (Likely with a different layout)

Really the only time a coaster is "Needed" to close when another comes in is if that's where the new coaster is going (Shockwave for example), I doubt it has anything to do with cost
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on December 21st, 2016, 6:51 pm
So it looks Superman: Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Over Georgia will be receiving a new paint job next year:

https://www.facebook.com/12046675134593 ... cation=ufi

Let's hope for the same here

While highly unlikely, it'd be cool if the track was painted purple and the ride was transformed into "Bizzaro's Revenge" to go along with the villain theme Joker is bringing. If they did this, and moved VR from Demon to here they could market it as a new ride.
RollingCoasting

Postby great america fan on December 22nd, 2016, 11:51 am
RollingCoasting wrote:So it looks Superman: Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Over Georgia will be receiving a new paint job next year:

https://www.facebook.com/12046675134593 ... cation=ufi

Let's hope for the same here

While highly unlikely, it'd be cool if the track was painted purple and the ride was transformed into "Bizzaro's Revenge" to go along with the villain theme Joker is bringing. If they did this, and moved VR from Demon to here they could market it as a new ride.

what I'd really like to see is the track being painted light blue and the rails painted a light purple and have it renamed Orleans flyer
great america fan

Postby staticshadows on December 22nd, 2016, 2:42 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby anewman35 on December 22nd, 2016, 8:11 pm
staticshadows wrote:I wouldn't mind that or reusing the name Delta Flyer, but I highly doubt they would get rid of the Superman name and theme unless the ride is being removed. I think for next season, Yankee Harbor will be renamed. They already removed the Yankee Harbor sign from one side of the covered bridge, but left the Mardi Gras sign on the other side and we already know Angelo's is being redone.

We shall see. It makes some sense, but I feel if they were doing it we probably would have known by now. Also, unlike other Six Flags parks we've never had any sort of movies or comics themed areas (I don't really count Metropolis Plaza, which is just one building and doesn't even have a sign). So on one hand, that seems like we're overdue, but on the other hand makes me think that they don't want to ruin the overall theme of the park.
anewman35

Postby RollingCoasting on December 22nd, 2016, 8:41 pm
^ Well usually stuff like repaints and rethemes are announced at No Coaster Con so I don't think it's out of the ordinary that it hasn't been announced yet.

I feel like Yankee Harbor had a ton of potential on it's own (Probably my 2nd favorite 1976 Marriot area behind Yukon Territory) but with Batman entering it's 26th season it's no surprise that the theme wouldn't stick forever. While Mardi Gras, or even Orleans Place would've been a better candidate for a Gotham makeover I wouldn't mind seeing it here.

Perhaps all but V2 will receive the DC Treatment for 2017. Obviously Joker and Batman would retain their themes and Whirligig would become Gotham City Crimewave. Yankee Clipper could be something more generic, such as Gotham Harbor Boats (With DC Logos painted all over the boats).

I know it's just a rumor but if V2 really does close in 2017 (or 2018), it'd be a great fit if it's replacement had an Aquaman theme (Would compliment the area well). Whether it be the rumored Pulsar clone or a Giant Discovery, I don't know, it'd still be a nice fit.

If V2 does stay, however, it'd be real neat if it was rethemed to "The Flash". Imagine that color scheme!

Also, I'd hope they'd keep the "Harbor" suffix, as it really is a nice theme.
RollingCoasting

Postby anewman35 on December 22nd, 2016, 8:57 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:^ Well usually stuff like repaints and rethemes are announced at No Coaster Con so I don't think it's out of the ordinary that it hasn't been announced yet.

Maybe. But right near the beginning of the press release is the line "This insanely twisted chaos coaster will be a massive new centerpiece in the Yankee Harbor section of the park, next to BATMAN The Ride roller coaster.", and it's in a lot of the articles too. They didn't have to mention that (I certainly can't find any evidence they announced that Justice League would be in Southwest Territory). Maybe plans change, or they were trying to keep it a secret for some reason, but it seems to be if they were going to change it they wouldn't have kept their statement a little more vague...
anewman35

Postby staticshadows on December 23rd, 2016, 2:35 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby CoasterRiderSC on December 27th, 2016, 4:52 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:^
Perhaps all but V2 will receive the DC Treatment for 2017. Obviously Joker and Batman would retain their themes and Whirligig would become Gotham City Crimewave. Yankee Clipper could be something more generic, such as Gotham Harbor Boats (With DC Logos painted all over the boats).

Also, I'd hope they'd keep the "Harbor" suffix, as it really is a nice theme.

I love the name "Gotham City Crimewave" !! Nice job, RC.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby RollingCoasting on January 6th, 2017, 11:55 pm
^ Thanks, but I didn't come up with it (Was used at SFGAm in 1993 and is still used at SFOG and SFNE)

My NCC Predictions:

- 1 More Coke Stand for Joker, Angelo's makeover will have 2 freestyle machines
- Yankee Harbor will be renamed Gotham Harbor - Batman and Joker remain, Whirligig is renamed Gotham City Crimewave like in 1993, V2 is either rethemed to Mr. Freeze or Flash or get's no new theme ;)
-2 Coke freestyle machines added to either Hurricane Harbor or County Fair
-Joker will open the 2nd week of May
-The Lobster will be painted Red and will open April 22nd
-Speaking of which, I think the park will open April 22nd with Devil Dash on April 29th
RollingCoasting

Postby great america fan on January 7th, 2017, 11:51 am
Dates
great america fan

Postby Tardis1972 on January 7th, 2017, 12:01 pm
Not surprised to see that Memorial Day weekend is the expected opening. I'm already planning on attending season pass day.
Tardis1972

Postby RollingCoasting on January 7th, 2017, 1:40 pm
Opening day is April 29th

Credit to TPR's Imagineer Josh:

Potential Angelo's rename. Hmm.....

Odd to see Cold Stone replaced with Macho Burritos, but I guess it could be good. The pizza place really did need expanding, the line is horrendous in the end of July/beginning of August. Also, the ICEE partnership is interesting. I guess this means no 7-11 Slurpee day at the park
RollingCoasting

Postby anewman35 on January 7th, 2017, 4:08 pm
So after no mention of it at No Coaster Con, can we finally agree that (at least for 2017) Yankee Harbor is remaining Yankee Harbor and not being rethemed to Gothem City or any other DC theme?
anewman35

Postby Tardis1972 on January 7th, 2017, 4:19 pm
Yes I will agree with that.
Tardis1972

Postby RollingCoasting on January 7th, 2017, 4:26 pm
Sure. Only gives us more to talk about for 2018 ;)

I think I overhyped the event a bit, but hey, it's the off-season :|
RollingCoasting

Postby Coaster Justin on January 7th, 2017, 6:32 pm
My Dumb Questions & Replies:
- No information about wings on the dining pass, Will be announced when it's announced
- No Comment about Demon get soft-vests
- Harley Quinn is not joining this year
- A Food Event has been thought about, Nothing more than that
- Also I gave them my idea for a Angelo's rename: The Plank

AND THANK JESUS only one Holiday In the Park question.

Oh and... NO PEEKING ACROBATS!!!!

Coaster Justin

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum