Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby CarouselEnthusiast on November 27th, 2023, 4:59 pm
Looks like the last bit of Great America Raceway's track has been removed as well.
CarouselEnthusiast

Postby Goku1910 on November 27th, 2023, 5:49 pm
I think that was a given considering what we know.

What I'm really curious about is how they're going to re-route the Eagle entrance. If I had to guess, they will lower it to match the height of the exit, widen that bridge so they share the same structure all the way through.

With DDD, it used to split off and then merge into one bridge near the road.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on December 6th, 2023, 4:09 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:The park has posted an update on Sky Striker construction and as expected the concrete platform that DDD was on has been removed and a portion of the Eagle entrance queue that attached to that platform is also gone

What is the link where Six Flags is posting the Sky Striker project progress?? Have the super loop and Revolution been removed yet??
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Goku1910 on December 6th, 2023, 4:15 pm
Their Social Pages - Facebook, Twitter/X, etc.

Revolution can be seen still standing in that shot, so as of November 27th it was still there.
Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on December 6th, 2023, 4:21 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Their Social Pages - Facebook, Twitter/X, etc.

Revolution can be seen still standing in that shot, so as of November 27th it was still there.

Can you post a link? I'm not any social media (other than here!)

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CarouselEnthusiast on December 7th, 2023, 12:39 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:Their Social Pages - Facebook, Twitter/X, etc.

Can you post a link? I'm not any social media (other than here!)

https://www.facebook.com/SFGreatAmerica

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0J_2wJsTiY ... BiNWFlZA==
CarouselEnthusiast

Postby staticshadows on December 17th, 2023, 11:36 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Have the super loop and Revolution been removed yet??

It looks like Mardi Gras Hangover was removed last week. It used to be visible under Superman's lift hill on the traffic camera.

https://www.lakecountypassage.com/
staticshadows

Postby staticshadows on December 28th, 2023, 9:06 am
Goku1910 wrote:If anyone was hoping that ugly building wasn't going to be reused I have some news for ya.

New demo permit for that entrance portal building and the retail shop building next to Revolution.

staticshadows

Postby gottastrata33 on December 28th, 2023, 3:31 pm
Really hope we see a star flyer here soon. Could see it going in for 2025 as many of us are predicting & HOPING that 2026 is the big investment year for the 50th.

Wheelgap on YouTube made a great aerial video showing off the deconstruction area for Hangover, construction on Skystriker & the plot Revolution was on. Crazy to see three rides now gone from the park in one off season.
gottastrata33

Postby Coaster Justin on December 31st, 2023, 1:30 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Really hope we see a star flyer here soon. Could see it going in for 2025 as many of us are predicting & HOPING that 2026 is the big investment year for the 50th.

Wheelgap on YouTube made a great aerial video showing off the deconstruction area for Hangover, construction on Skystriker & the plot Revolution was on. Crazy to see three rides now gone from the park in one off season.

I'm fine with DDD and Revolution going
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Goku1910 on December 31st, 2023, 9:09 pm
staticshadows wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:If anyone was hoping that ugly building wasn't going to be reused I have some news for ya.

New demo permit for that entrance portal building and the retail shop building next to Revolution.

Best news I've seen. I always get a crack out of SFGAm doing something I don't expect. Like not re-using old decrepit buildings.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on January 12th, 2024, 7:55 pm
Hey everyone, long time no see! Was not sure what thread to post this on, but this one seems the most active so here I go.

It’s good to be back! I have not been able to log in for a few years… forgot password… looks like my last posts were September 2021. And even before then I was not around that much. In 2018 I became too big to ride some coasters so I went to parks far less often and was not as active in the community. The moment I had lost enough weight to get back on everything was right when the pandemic was in its height. And then when SFGAm reopened, I was not around that much. I was away at college where SFStL was my home park, and then I spent two seasons working at Cedar Point. I’ve also travelled a ton – my credit count has more than doubled since the last time I was on here!

All that to say that 2023 was the first season SFGAm was my proper home park since 2017. Most of my visits were solo weekday visits after work (3:15-close). Obviously, the park has not been doing too hot in recent years, but despite this, going to the park frequently in 2023 made me fall back in love with keeping up with everything SFGAm. I am hoping to find the more niche updates on this site and talk with others who are deeply invested in the park! Exciting times ahead… we are “due”, the 50th is around the corner, and pretty soon we will be seeing the effects of the merger. Reddit updates just aren’t cutting it, and all of my coaster friends don’t live nearby, so when it comes to SFGAm, I am pretty much on my own.

To offer some continuity to this thread, I am happy to see both the buildings be demolished. I totally forgot about that retail shop – it was hardly noticeable, and it would have been a sore thumb if they had kept it while removing Revolution. Bring back the old AE entrance!
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 507
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on January 12th, 2024, 8:34 pm
Also, looking back at all the recent threads, I am shocked no one (well, one person briefly mentioned it) has talked about Yukon BBQ Pit. Nobody even said it opened! This was a huge winner in my book, and it had to be the biggest winner of the 2023 season for the park. Did anyone else try Yukon BBQ Pit? If so what did you think?
Last edited by Dan The Coaster Man on January 13th, 2024, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterRiderSC on January 13th, 2024, 12:29 pm
I'm having a hard time picturing the retail building next to Revolution. What did it look like and what did they sell??

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on January 13th, 2024, 6:44 pm
It was on the smaller side. It was between Revolution and AE/DDD entrance, more specifically it was between Revolution and the walkway in front of AE/DDD entrance. From what I remember it was a typical store, just on the smaller side, with capes, DC stuff, some bags of candies, maybe some plushies, things like that. I do not think it was open all that much. It had like garage doors so when the store was closed the doors would be down and it looked more like a storage building.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on January 13th, 2024, 6:56 pm
No Coaster Con was today. I was not personally there but I've seen some photos start to pop up. Here's all the SFGAm stuff:

Rides:
Joker: lift chain replacement, completion of control system/station update
Viper: retracking
Whizzer: new control system
American Eagle: lift chain replacement
Crazy Bus: "major refurb"
Condor: scheduled to reopen

Park Updates and Improvements:
Changes to front gate, outside and inside
Landscaping changes to Carousel Plaza
New brick work outside Sticky FIngers
Removed Mardi Gras Hangover

County Fair:
Removal of Kidzopolis ship
Removal of Revolution
Removal of American Eagle / Dare Devil Dive entrance
Removal of basketball game (by Rockets)
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Coaster Justin on January 14th, 2024, 12:19 am
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:No Coaster Con was today. I was not personally there but I've seen some photos start to pop up. Here's all the SFGAm stuff:

Rides:
Joker: lift chain replacement, completion of control system/station update
Viper: retracking
Whizzer: new control system
American Eagle: lift chain replacement
Crazy Bus: "major refurb"
Condor: scheduled to reopen

Park Updates and Improvements:
Changes to front gate, outside and inside
Landscaping changes to Carousel Plaza
New brick work outside Sticky FIngers
Removed Mardi Gras Hangover

County Fair:
Removal of Kidzopolis ship
Removal of Revolution
Removal of American Eagle / Dare Devil Dive entrance
Removal of basketball game (by Rockets)

I was there and here's what I remember/asked
JB's will get a new name and redesigned interior (Will only have Chicago Sports)
Show in Grand Music Hall TBD
Carousel Candy will open
No update about the VIP Lounge
No plans to bring back HITP

Coaster Justin

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on January 14th, 2024, 11:37 am
Coaster Justin wrote:I was there and here's what I remember/asked
JB's will get a new name and redesigned interior (Will only have Chicago Sports)

This is really good news, it was getting very sad in there. Goodbye Green Bay :D Although Chicago sports have been sad as of late.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Goku1910 on January 14th, 2024, 11:39 am
I don't recall JB's being all that out of date. I would really like to see them use that multi-story space though.

(they won't)
Goku1910

Postby Coaster Justin on January 14th, 2024, 3:34 pm
Goku1910 wrote:I don't recall JB's being all that out of date. I would really like to see them use that multi-story space though.

(they won't)

The bar will be expanded and the seats/tables will be VERY generic based on concept art

Coaster Justin

Postby gottastrata33 on January 16th, 2024, 6:12 am
Aw, was hoping we'd see some renderings/plans for Sky Striker & what their plans are with the torn up areas, if any.

Dan, welcome back & I as well as others have said to bring back the old AE arch/entrance.
gottastrata33

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on January 16th, 2024, 5:05 pm
I can't imagine the empty spots in County Fair will have any long term additions this year. But it is intriguing going forward. County Fair is going to look a bit different this year and will presumably still have those empty spots to work with beyond this year.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby HCF on January 16th, 2024, 5:11 pm
An awwwwwwwwwwful lot of happenings going on in the American Eagle plaza of county fair huh? :wink:
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

Postby great america fan on January 17th, 2024, 1:59 pm
HCF wrote:An awwwwwwwwwwful lot of happenings going on in the American Eagle plaza of county fair huh? :wink:

I have a feeling Kidzopolis isn't long for this world either, combined with Revolution's space it would open up a nice chunk of land.
great america fan

Postby Goku1910 on January 17th, 2024, 4:58 pm
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:I can't imagine the empty spots in County Fair will have any long term additions this year. But it is intriguing going forward. County Fair is going to look a bit different this year and will presumably still have those empty spots to work with beyond this year.

I bet a temporary concrete or blacktop pad where Revy was that will be used for temporary stuff, like the Food truck, sponsors, etc.

great america fan wrote:
HCF wrote:An awwwwwwwwwwful lot of happenings going on in the American Eagle plaza of county fair huh? :wink:

I have a feeling Kidzopolis isn't long for this world either, combined with Revolution's space it would open up a nice chunk of land.

I see one of two things happening, either Camp Cartoon goes and has it's stuff consolidated into Kidz with a retheme to hopefully something Looney Tunes Like Bugs Bunny Boom Town, or vice versa, Kidzopolis goes and Camp Cartoon gets a massive overhaul.

Cedar Fair handles kids areas much better than flags. I don't see them leaving these untouched post-merger.
Goku1910

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum