Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New ride for 2016

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on January 25th, 2015, 2:53 am
I still think this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljau5WehN54 needs to go in the now former SkyTrail spot. It would be a perfect & "cheap" investment with the family rides comin back. Its frickin adorable & would be a perfect addition to our park. This little coaster & those rides will/would liven up that area of the park.
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby bluebear816 on January 25th, 2015, 10:07 am
I'm not sure we need that considering we already have Spacely's Sprocket Rockets.
bluebear816

Postby Jerrykoala2112 on January 25th, 2015, 2:35 pm
bluebear816 wrote:I'm not sure we need that considering we already have Spacely's Sprocket Rockets.

SFMM added this coaster even though they have a roller skater. But I'd rather get something more unique to the park (and I'm sure the SFGAm team would as well).
Jerrykoala2112

Postby gottastrata33 on January 26th, 2015, 11:34 pm
SFMM has 5 family/kiddie coasters. I think its a fantastic lineup they offer children. Parents arent stuck riding the same 1-2 coasters with their kids. Spacely's is great for kids 5-10 where as this coaster which is at many SF parks can fit a wider age group allowing much younger thrill seekers in training. Look how little some of those children are in the video. Spacely's was almost too much to handle for my 6yr old cousin. Not all children are natural coaster enthusiasts. It takes a build up & a very simple coaster as this is a great starter coaster before spacelys & Little Dipper.

I wouldn't mind more family coasters. Familes are where the money is at. Thats a fact & more income allows for a better park upkeep & more rides/attractions in our future. Have you ever seen or been to Kings Island? Planet Snoopy = amazing. Go there & you will see hundreds of happy families. That park knows what they're doing.
gottastrata33

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on January 27th, 2015, 12:26 am
That park also has 19 roller coasters. So it's expected for them to have more kiddie or children roller coaster then we do.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby DeathbyDinn on January 27th, 2015, 12:35 am
SFMM is literally the last park in the chain we should be looking at for being good for children. Look at SFOT or SFFT if you want a good example. Plus, Speedy Gonzales is probably the dumbest SF addition is recent history. It was built across the midway from a coaster with basically the same layout, and has a higher height restriction. Totally pointless.
DeathbyDinn

Postby gottastrata33 on January 27th, 2015, 3:05 am
See now that Deathbydinn, I'll admit that I did not know. So thank you. I was basing it off the ones (same model) I have been on or seen across the other SF parks - basing it off how little those kids riding were. I am in no way sayin that coaster has a great layout, its practically an oval. lol BUT I am as I have said, it SEEMED to appeal to a wider group of children. All arguments aside, I still think the damn things adorable. ;)

As impressive of a lineup SFMM has, the park seems to almost not be able to take care of the things they have, as if its too much for them to handle. That's why I put in there a park to look towards is KI, their Planet Snoopy.
gottastrata33

Postby MNSFGAmfan on February 15th, 2015, 10:11 pm
I think that if the Justice League dark rides at St. Louis and Over Texas are a success, maybe they could bring one to Great America too. I'm not a huge fan of dark rides, but I could see one here go over well with the general public.
MNSFGAmfan

Postby rct2wizard360 on February 16th, 2015, 5:02 pm
Maybe it's because I'm out of the area right now and I have no idea when my next visit will be, but I would like to see an overhaul of restaurants, shops, overall atmosphere, etc.

It may seem silly, but the corporate feel to the park does turn me off a little bit. I know the company needs to generate money and the easiest way to do so is by offering up ad space, but come on. I know we're not back on the level of ad wrapping an entire side of Viper, but it's tough to say there's been much of an improvement.

Is there even a sit down restaurant in the park anymore? Did Moose Jaw go cafeteria style yet? I remember the awesome buffet they used to have in Southwest Territory and now that's a... sports bar?

Not fully comparable by any means, but my visits to Kennywood out here definitely have changed my outlook on what I expect from smaller parks and even chain parks. I'm in a theme park, not a shopping mall.

/cynicism
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Postby Coaster Justin on February 16th, 2015, 5:32 pm
rct2wizard360 wrote:...Is there even a sit down restaurant in the park anymore? Did Moose Jaw go cafeteria style yet? I remember the awesome buffet they used to have in Southwest Territory and now that's a... sports bar? ...

/cynicism

Angelo's Pizza & Pasta
Aunt Martha's
Firehouse Pizza
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby rct2wizard360 on February 18th, 2015, 9:58 pm
^Those are hardly "sit-down restaurants." I should be more specific when I say "cafeteria" style and "sit-down restaurants." For reference:
caf·e·te·ri·a
ˌkafəˈtirēə/
noun
a restaurant or dining room in a school or a business in which customers serve themselves or are served from a counter and pay before eating.
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Postby BLADE on February 20th, 2015, 11:05 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:But on Bull and Viper, all you get is a bit of floater here and there. I'm talking constant hills with a mix of floater and ejector.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

We just got that with Goliath.
BLADE

Postby BLADE on February 20th, 2015, 11:20 am
gottastrata33 wrote:SFMM has 5 family/kiddie coasters. I think its a fantastic lineup they offer children. Parents arent stuck riding the same 1-2 coasters with their kids. Spacely's is great for kids 5-10 where as this coaster which is at many SF parks can fit a wider age group allowing much younger thrill seekers in training. Look how little some of those children are in the video. Spacely's was almost too much to handle for my 6yr old cousin. Not all children are natural coaster enthusiasts. It takes a build up & a very simple coaster as this is a great starter coaster before spacelys & Little Dipper.

I wouldn't mind more family coasters. Familes are where the money is at. Thats a fact & more income allows for a better park upkeep & more rides/attractions in our future. Have you ever seen or been to Kings Island? Planet Snoopy = amazing. Go there & you will see hundreds of happy families. That park knows what they're doing.

And those 5 coasters is all Magic Mt. has for kids. Zero flats. Great America has the most things for kids to do from all the six flags parks I have been to.
BLADE

Postby BLADE on February 20th, 2015, 11:23 am
MNSFGAmfan wrote:I think that if the Justice League dark rides at St. Louis and Over Texas are a success, maybe they could bring one to Great America too. I'm not a huge fan of dark rides, but I could see one here go over well with the general public.

This is what I see too. Either that or the looping flat they are installing this year at Great Adventure.
I can't see a skyscreamer. I think they would have put one in already if they were ever going to, and we have Whirlygig already.
BLADE

Postby DeathbyDinn on February 20th, 2015, 2:12 pm
^ I really don't understand why people keep using Whirligig as a reason not to get a Sky Screamer. SFOT, SFFT, SFOT, SFNE, SFOG, SFM, and La Ronde all have Sky Screamers and smaller swing rides. When I was at King's Island the smaller swing ride had a longer line than Windseeker. Not everybody wants to swing hundreds of feet in the air, there's no reason a park can't have both.
DeathbyDinn

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on February 20th, 2015, 3:52 pm
BLADE wrote:
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:But on Bull and Viper, all you get is a bit of floater here and there. I'm talking constant hills with a mix of floater and ejector.

Sure we get a bit of ejector and a tad bit of floater, but I'm talking "Bam, bam, bam" airtime like on Nitro, Behemoth, etc.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby jmanporty7 on February 21st, 2015, 4:32 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:
BLADE wrote:

Sure we get a bit of ejector and a tad bit of floater, but I'm talking "Bam, bam, bam" airtime like on Nitro, Behemoth, etc.

I'm in for an airtime machine to come to the park. Because we don't really have one and that's all Six Flags really needs to add to their coaster lineup, along with a full-circuit launch coaster. What I'm hoping for in the future is that AE closes and is replaced with an enhanced El Toro like wooden coaster. That'll give us a good replacement for AE and an amazing airtime machine we need.
jmanporty7

Postby Ace on February 21st, 2015, 10:51 pm
I am not sure in understand your concern. Bull and Viper have a good amount of air time (viper more-so than bull) while the exit of eagle reds helix in the back row is one of my favorite airtime moments anywhere.
-Remember there's nothing but air beneath the chair.
Ace

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on February 21st, 2015, 11:12 pm
I know they have airtime, but the airtime they have is so vague it's almost nonexistent. Most of our rides have quantity airtime, not quality. Goliath has quality, not quantity. I'm saying both.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on February 21st, 2015, 11:28 pm
Just be glad we're not Magic Mountain.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby Coaster Justin on February 22nd, 2015, 3:47 pm
Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:Just be glad we're not Magic Mountain.

Full Throttle has some insane air and I'll bet Colossus will have good amounts as well.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby BLADE on February 28th, 2015, 5:16 pm
DeathbyDinn wrote:^ I really don't understand why people keep using Whirligig as a reason not to get a Sky Screamer. SFOT, SFFT, SFOT, SFNE, SFOG, SFM, and La Ronde all have Sky Screamers and smaller swing rides. When I was at King's Island the smaller swing ride had a longer line than Windseeker. Not everybody wants to swing hundreds of feet in the air, there's no reason a park can't have both.

I believe skyscreamers can cost as much as $8 million. You can buy something completely different from what you already have for that kind of money. I've been on the Great Adventure and St. Louis skyscreamers and they just feel like another whirligig. Just seems kind of redundant.

It also wouldn't run as much because of times with high winds. Cedar Points is down more than it is running because of this, and even when it is running , there are shorter lines than the coasters. I realize Cedar Points is a bit different than six flags models.
BLADE

Postby BLADE on February 28th, 2015, 5:20 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:
BLADE wrote:

In the times I've ridden Nitro and Behemoth, I didn't think they were all that different from what air you get on Raging Bull. And I've gotten to marathon both of these and ride from a lot of different rows.

If you have ridden Nitro, you also should have gotten to ride El Toro and seen the difference in air between them.
BLADE

Postby JimPanky on March 11th, 2015, 12:58 pm
Justice league or some other dark ride
JimPanky

Postby Foltzy on March 11th, 2015, 8:17 pm
From these comments.

It looks like people want a cpaster with constant ejector.
But really bull has some pretty good air. So does eagle and viper. Do we need a good airtime coaster when we could get a coaster with a different type. Floorless, a decent stand-up, heck, even a 4th dimension, or bobsled
Foltzy

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum