Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Poll Question: Does Necro get the ax in 2014?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.

Will Goliath Claim Necropolis in 2014?

Yes
23%
No
78%

Total votes : 40

Postby Galvan on November 7th, 2013, 2:06 pm
We are certainly all excited about the addition of Goliath in 2014!

But with the construction of this coaster brings about the question of whether or not Necropolis gets the ax in 2014.

As we've talked about recently in live chats... (Miss a little miss a lot) We are now seeing with the latest construction of Goliath and its proximity to Wilderness Theater that Necropolis could very well be a thing of the past, or at least significantly altered.

See for yourself:

The Grey Circle depicts the turn around of the Goliath, while the yellow arrows show the existing Necropolis pathway closest to Wilderness Theater.

Since they run right into one another, Something will have to be done to Necropolis and that area where Goliath's turn is going.

But what? So does Goliath claim Necropolis in 2014? Tell us what you think!
Galvan

Postby Jackluver18 on November 7th, 2013, 2:14 pm
I know i've been the one that's been talking about this a lot but it looks like to me they're going to have to alter the entrance...that is what I am hoping.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby Radical-Illusion on November 7th, 2013, 2:17 pm
I honestly don't think that Necropolis will be going, There are other ways into the grove like instead of going right when the camo netting starts (Well, in past years) you go straight down the stairs of the wilderness theater. I'm sure they can figure something else out if that's the case.
When you get to the top, and you hear that click, you better hang on, because your coming down quick!
Radical-Illusion

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on November 7th, 2013, 2:20 pm
I'm not sure, but it's going to look very different next year! I wonder if they're going to tear up the wilderness theater and the rest of the picnic grove and turn that whole area into one huge kids zone and relocate guest parties to a different spot in the park. If I recall, Hank Salemi said something about Buzzy Bee's returning in the near future, and they kept all those rides from looney Tunes National Park, and there was a rumor on Screamscape last year talking about merging all the kids areas into one. It's some wild speculation but stranger things have happened.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby JymmyJ on November 7th, 2013, 2:31 pm
Remember there are lots of parks that have paths under wood coaster structures so it could stay the same. If you vote for my video on the park's page video contest, I'll be sure to find out for you if I'm chosen to do video reports.
JymmyJ

Postby Galvan on November 7th, 2013, 2:32 pm
Personally, I do not see them having a path that involves using the steps of Wilderness Theater as that is a potential accident/injury waiting to happen.
Galvan

Postby JymmyJ on November 7th, 2013, 2:35 pm
I don't think they'd use the steps. But if you can drive through the structure of American Eagle, they could easily make foot traffic accessible through Goliath.
JymmyJ

Postby Galvan on November 7th, 2013, 2:37 pm
True, but I really dont think that the park wants to have the potential for guests to get in the ride area of Goliath. I mean I know there are area's in the park where you could easily hop a fence or whatever, but Im still a bit leery of the whole having people under the superstructure of the ride.

Maybe its just me.
Galvan

Postby JymmyJ on November 7th, 2013, 2:40 pm
They likely will avoid it if they can but it's a shame that that's such a concern here. Parks in other countries and even in parts of the U.S. where they don't have to worry about vandals and trespassers let you get right up close to the ride structures.
JymmyJ

Postby redman822 on November 7th, 2013, 3:22 pm
Galvan316 wrote:True, but I really dont think that the park wants to have the potential for guests to get in the ride area of Goliath. I mean I know there are area's in the park where you could easily hop a fence or whatever, but Im still a bit leery of the whole having people under the superstructure of the ride.

Maybe its just me.

So you don't like Eagle, Batman, Viper, Raging Bull, Demon, Whizzer and Superman???
redman822

Postby JimPanky on November 7th, 2013, 3:40 pm
I think theyll find a way. Idk what that way is but I dont see them getting rid of Necropolis. Itll be hard but Im sure theyll find a way.
JimPanky

Postby Galvan on November 7th, 2013, 4:38 pm
redman822 wrote:
So you don't like Eagle, Batman, Viper, Raging Bull, Demon, Whizzer and Superman???

Where did I say anywhere that I didnt like those rides?
Galvan

Postby Ace on November 7th, 2013, 7:14 pm
Sweet my question became the poll question!

I think they could use the stairs in Wilderness as an alternate entrance. I seriously doubt them using loggers as an entrance.

I think too many people visit necropolis each year to ax it completely, but I will be interested to see how they get around Goliath.
-Remember there's nothing but air beneath the chair.
Ace

Postby Chitown on November 7th, 2013, 8:16 pm
If they have a picnic grove, they will have Necropolis. Either they will create a walking path under Goliath or they can just have people enter and exit the other side.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby Coaster Justin on November 7th, 2013, 9:22 pm
I just hope it gets a re-theme in 2014.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Radical-Illusion on November 7th, 2013, 10:22 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:I just hope it gets a re-theme in 2014.

Hope what gets a re-theme? If its necropolis your hoping to get a re theme next year I don't think your hopes will become reality. Before I go any further, I must ask everyone if they thought Necropolis was any better themed this year compared to the last couple years? The reason I'm asking is because I helped set up the sections this year, and I really tried my best to make it look good. We are given what we have to work with and entertainment makes the picks of what themed areas we have to have this year. Like this year, Instead of making the gym that is normally there we had to build a Beauty Salon. I'm not saying I don't have a few tricks up my sleeve for 2014 to keep things somewhat fresh, however it is extremely hard to do so when they haven't brought new stuff for Necropolis for some time now...
When you get to the top, and you hear that click, you better hang on, because your coming down quick!
Radical-Illusion

Postby Ilovthevu' on November 7th, 2013, 10:46 pm
The way I see it is that if Necropolis didn't have that haunted house in that section of the park, than maybe they would get rid of it. I imagine part of the reason for Necropolis for so many years was a lure to get people into that haunted house. You don't have to worry about anything unless they just decide to close that haunted house in that area, but they won't because they are making so much money off of it. That haunted house has been the staple of Fright Fest for so many years, and when you are making good money off of an attraction (even only for a month), you don't get rid of it.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby DeathbyDinn on November 8th, 2013, 12:24 am
jadkins2012 wrote:Before I go any further, I must ask everyone if they thought Necropolis was any better themed this year compared to the last couple years?

I thought the mall area looked better this year. The things before it looked better last year, but obviously the space was limited this year. Necropolis definitely needs some updating though and I'm really hoping it gets some attention next year.
DeathbyDinn

Postby redman822 on November 8th, 2013, 12:08 pm
Galvan316 wrote:
redman822 wrote:

Where did I say anywhere that I didnt like those rides?

My point was missed - to be completely clear, I should have said:

So you don't like the fact that people go under Eagle, Batman, Viper, Raging Bull, Demon, Whizzer and Superman???
redman822

Postby Galvan on November 8th, 2013, 12:18 pm
^ Not Really,

And the reason is I have seen far too many people jump the fences and go into the ride area creating a potentially dangerous situation.
Galvan

Postby JymmyJ on November 8th, 2013, 12:35 pm
Vote for my video and I promise you bring you the bestest updates!

https://www.facebook.com/SFGreatAmerica ... 4427800733

i also promise to stop using words like "bestest".
JymmyJ

Postby JimPanky on November 8th, 2013, 1:01 pm
Not just potentially. The Batman incident is a perfect example of what cant happen.
JimPanky

Postby redman822 on November 8th, 2013, 1:04 pm
Exactly, Jim - people can jump fences ANYWHERE if they wanted to (see SFoG's Batman accident where the guy went over two fences from the parking lot to retrieve his hat) - stupid people will do stupid things...you can't always protect them from their stupidity.
redman822

Postby JimPanky on November 8th, 2013, 1:09 pm
Well that incident happened in the under the coaster situation that Mike is talking about. It's an example of how under the coaster can be dangerous.
JimPanky

Postby JymmyJ on November 8th, 2013, 1:10 pm
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Picnic Grove's entrance was re-routed to cross over Goliaths' tunnels.
JymmyJ

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum