Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

X-Flight new for 2012

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Sporlo on February 2nd, 2012, 5:57 pm
Live (since load):
Sporlo

Postby Goku1910 on February 2nd, 2012, 7:05 pm
Nevermind, keeping this to myself. Delete post. (And related quotes)
Last edited by Goku1910 on February 3rd, 2012, 8:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Goku1910

Postby gottastrata33 on February 2nd, 2012, 7:42 pm
Thank you for the new background! :D
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby CstrFan512 on February 2nd, 2012, 9:17 pm
Haha The Christmas tree on SkyTrek still lights up
CstrFan512

Postby sfgam#1 on February 2nd, 2012, 9:21 pm
Hahaha^ there slow when taking things down!
sfgam#1

Postby Brogrammer on February 2nd, 2012, 10:43 pm
Goku1910 wrote:DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE OR CLAIM AS YOUR OWN WITHOUT MY PERMISSION! You are NOT allowed to use this as a webiste background or profile image. Anyone on the site copying this image will be asked to remove it.

While I do and will respect your request, did you ask Six Flags for permission to derive that image? If you didn't, I think it's a little ridiculous of you to commit a copyright violation yourself (which isn't what I find ridiculous; everybody does it), only to release your derived image explicitly saying not to redistribute it, etc.

Sorry, I just find it extremely hypocritical.

However, if you did ask Six Flags for permission, then I do understand your statement (and you can ignore me. :p ).
Brogrammer

Postby ttd rox on February 3rd, 2012, 11:20 am
Is it the camera angle or are they adding trims at the bottom of the Zero-G? Maybe they will cover them up with the hangar. The Swarm has trims at the bottom of its Zero-G (or drop, I forgot) and they have theming to hide it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think it's a worker wearing a black jacket on top of the track they just put in which made the track look different at the bottom. :lol:
Top 3 Steel Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)

Top 3 Wood Coasters: 1. The Beast 2. American Eagle (Red) 3. Hades
ttd rox

Postby CoasterNick3157 on February 3rd, 2012, 11:24 am
I see that swarm does have trims what the hell B&M always adding trims I hope we don't have trims but usually we will.
CoasterNick3157

Postby rluecht72 on February 3rd, 2012, 2:05 pm
^^I noticed that too this morning but that was when the crane was suspending the track for the worker to bolt the track together I think what we were seeing was the cables from the crane perfectly lined up with the track making it look like trims. Have you ever noticed on superman going up into the pretzel loop how one section of track has one or two holes in it? that is a section if ever needed they could put trims on it not exactly in those holes but you can see on the spine there is an attachment for trims. I really hope they don't put trims on X-flight Mantis would be so much better without trims on the very first drop. I know there is a Cedar Point cast member in this forum if you could explain why they decided to do that would be a very interesting story.
rluecht72

Postby ttd rox on February 3rd, 2012, 2:17 pm
I certainly hope they don't add any either. They are moving the camera around right now.

EDIT: While they were moving the camera, someone's face and bald head popped up right in front of the camera and scared me! I didn't realize a guy was actually up by the camera while it was was being moved. I thought they were just rotating it.
Top 3 Steel Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)

ttd rox

Postby DejaVu2001 on February 3rd, 2012, 2:34 pm
^ The camera can be rotated and angled up or down remotely, but to actually get a higher view, they have to physically move the camera.
DejaVu2001

Postby RBullFan97 on February 3rd, 2012, 3:05 pm
rluecht72 wrote:^^I noticed that too this morning but that was when the crane was suspending the track for the worker to bolt the track together I think what we were seeing was the cables from the crane perfectly lined up with the track making it look like trims. Have you ever noticed on superman going up into the pretzel loop how one section of track has one or two holes in it? that is a section if ever needed they could put trims on it not exactly in those holes but you can see on the spine there is an attachment for trims. I really hope they don't put trims on X-flight Mantis would be so much better without trims on the very first drop. I know there is a Cedar Point cast member in this forum if you could explain why they decided to do that would be a very interesting story.

I've always wondered what those holes were for too, thanks.
I hope X-Flight doesn't get trimmed like Raging Bull, it'll make for a better ride experience. Plus, props to the construction workers for making great progress on the ride!
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby rluecht72 on February 3rd, 2012, 3:51 pm
WHOA now we're up high! sweet view of that gnarly looking turn to come!
rluecht72

Postby gottastrata33 on February 3rd, 2012, 4:05 pm
ttd rox wrote:I certainly hope they don't add any either. They are moving the camera around right now.

EDIT: While they were moving the camera, someone's face and bald head popped up right in front of the camera and scared me! I didn't realize a guy was actually up by the camera while it was was being moved. I thought they were just rotating it.

HAHA ;D Awesome. Yes, great progress. You guys should check out the thread at themeparkreview, I posted Robs pics sayin who took them & yada yada & they were all negative about them, kinda pissed me off I dont know why, it just irritated me with their negativity.
gottastrata33

Postby woohoodude11 on February 3rd, 2012, 4:10 pm
New camera angle is PERFECT! 92 more days til Opening Day!
Missing Shockwave more and more every day.
woohoodude11

Postby DejaVu2001 on February 3rd, 2012, 4:12 pm
^^That's Theme Park Review for ya. I took all of my X-Flight construction and Iron Wolf removal pictures off of there a few months ago because of all their BS.
DejaVu2001

Postby sfgam#1 on February 3rd, 2012, 4:31 pm
They just cant say thank you! !!!! TPR makes me mad sometimes! But i LOVE the new angle of the ride.They could just leave it there and everything would be perfect.
sfgam#1

Postby ttd rox on February 3rd, 2012, 4:53 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:^ The camera can be rotated and angled up or down remotely, but to actually get a higher view, they have to physically move the camera.

Yeah, I didn't realize they were lifting it up higher until they settled down. When I was watching it was partially up side down. I like the new camera angle though!

ttd rox

Postby Sporlo on February 3rd, 2012, 6:44 pm
haha I'm a complete failure at capturing hourly images; I keep forgetting to turn on or wake up my computer in the morning! Today would've been a good day to get all 9 shots because of the camera move and the finishing of the roll/start of immelman.

Hopefully more dedicated fans are better at this than me! Also, the SF guys on Facebook said they'd be posting their own timelapse, so I guess I don't really need all these images.
Sporlo

Postby sfgam#1 on February 3rd, 2012, 8:20 pm
Why are all the lights on at night but it looks cool though :P
sfgam#1

Postby CoasterNick3157 on February 4th, 2012, 12:09 am
This guy happened to appear at the camera

CoasterNick3157

Postby Jackluver18 on February 4th, 2012, 12:28 am
I saw that too. My question is the piece that was put in today, is that the piece that goes through the hanger? the ride goes through two "cut throughs" right? the silver building in the picture and the keyhole...or did I look at the picture wrong.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby CoasterNick3157 on February 4th, 2012, 12:32 am
as far as I saw it just the finished G roll and half of immelman.
CoasterNick3157

Postby gottastrata33 on February 4th, 2012, 1:48 am
hahaha I wonder if they argued on whod have to move the camera cause they knew ^THAT would happen! ;D

Yeah sorry you had to take yer pics down cause they were bein dbags. I just didnt frickin get the "theres really nothing special about the photos" when I appreciate Rob for doing this as I am one of the people who DONT get to see the park unless I'm there. Therefore I'm grateful for the pics.
gottastrata33

Postby sfgam#1 on February 4th, 2012, 9:16 am
I wonder if they will take pictures and post them on there FB page.
sfgam#1

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum