Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Six flags great america Fright fest 2016

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 24th, 2016, 10:27 pm
I'll leave this here... viewtopic.php?t=14643#_thread

As for meetup, I doubt anyone actually attended

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on September 24th, 2016, 10:41 pm
I love the reference to The Joker on JWR's grave

I actually got the chills for a second when reading Orbits :cry:
RollingCoasting

Postby Tardis1972 on September 25th, 2016, 1:44 am
I went by at one but didn't see anyone either. Also I had a great visit today. Rode just about every coaster and even JL at the end of the night. TT 2 was amazing of course but my ride got cut short because some idiots decided to take their phones out and didn't put it away no matter how many times the ride opt asked them to.
Tardis1972

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 25th, 2016, 8:24 am
Was it crowded yesterday? I'm going today.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby anewman35 on September 25th, 2016, 9:02 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Was it crowded yesterday? I'm going today.

Fairly busy, but not crazy.
anewman35

Postby momlovescoasters on September 25th, 2016, 9:24 am
I did a few walk ons when I first got in....maybe 3 rides. After 1:00 it started getting busy. About an hour for X-Flight. Viper said 60 minutes but it was more like 30 minutes. So, not busy like a summer day in July but still a good size crowd. I left the park around 5:00 and it was getting really crowded. I plan on going again next Friday as I've never been at night. I hope Homecoming at some schools in WI keep the crowds down.
momlovescoasters

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 25th, 2016, 10:08 am
I was about to leave to go to the park in five minutes but then my mom canceled. She offered that I can work around for a few hours and then go, but there's scattered thunderstorms in the forecast and I have plans later tonight so I would be at the park for two hours yielding the weather cooperates. She then offered that I could go Friday but that's hoco football game. I just want to ride TT2 :'( Is that too much to ask?
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby JaminOut on September 25th, 2016, 10:44 am
^TT2 runs in inclement weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby batmanfan80 on September 25th, 2016, 11:17 am
I checked the coaster-queue website yesterday a few times after 1 and it was posting times of like 70 for Eagle, 85 for X Flight and Goliath, 35 for Batman, 55 for Whizzer, 130 for Justice, something around an hour for Dark Knight, 60 for Viper, 35 for Demon, 35 for Revolution, 35 for rue, 55 for Raging Trimbrake, and 70 for Pretzelman. Is this right at all? Great America is so erratic with their times. Sometimes they'll have a 15 or 30 posted for a walk up and other times they'll have a 30 or 45 posted for a ride that becomes 90 or more because of flash passers.
batmanfan80

Postby BCarroll on September 25th, 2016, 11:55 am
The biggest Fright Fest yet! my butt... This was the worst Fright Fest I have been to in the past 20 years. A lack of changed ride names (ex. "The Birds" "Black Widow" "Ricoslay" "Biohazard"). No themed area name changes (ex "Southwest Scare-itory"). A lot of the bigger props were not there. No Area 51, and just plain lack of many props. King Chaos wasn't even running the FF programming. Also at night, there were not a lot of scare actors. There used to be so many in so many places. FF just seems to downgrade every year. I miss Necropolis which had been gone for yet another year. I miss the old FF. Albeit it was opening day but I cant assume it will get better. Anyways, Thats the end of my rant, and I still had fun and the actors they had there did a good job. Lines were not bad, which was nice, and the worst line was probably to get the 2017 Sports Bottle :lol: since it was only available at Trolley Treats.
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby chrisisdragon on September 25th, 2016, 12:49 pm
BCarroll wrote:The biggest Fright Fest yet! my butt... This was the worst Fright Fest I have been to in the past 20 years. A lack of changed ride names (ex. "The Birds" "Black Widow" "Ricoslay" "Biohazard"). No themed area name changes (ex "Southwest Scare-itory"). A lot of the bigger props were not there. No Area 51, and just plain lack of many props. King Chaos wasn't even running the FF programming. Also at night, there were not a lot of scare actors. There used to be so many in so many places. FF just seems to downgrade every year. I miss Necropolis which had been gone for yet another year. I miss the old FF. Albeit it was opening day but I cant assume it will get better. Anyways, Thats the end of my rant, and I still had fun and the actors they had there did a good job. Lines were not bad, which was nice, and the worst line was probably to get the 2017 Sports Bottle :lol: since it was only available at Trolley Treats.

This fright fest was way better the the last couple of years.
chrisisdragon

Postby astucks18 on September 25th, 2016, 1:37 pm
^ also, I remember last year opening day for fright fest had a lack of scareactors, but once Columbus day came around there were a lot more. I really liked this years fright fest. I noticed a lot more props around the park compared to last year and I really enjoyed the houses. The only let down was Big Top Terror, because there were only 3 actors throughout the whole house.

astucks18

Postby lazyriver12 on September 25th, 2016, 5:57 pm
Anybody go through infestation? How was that one it sounds disturbing lol I dont do snakes or bugs. As far as lack of scare actors every year there seems to be just a few in each territory, I've heard they have more actors in the park and the houses later in october. Is that true? I wanted to go this friday, but wonder if it might be better to wait until mid october.
lazyriver12

Postby stergmi on September 25th, 2016, 6:25 pm
astucks18 wrote:^ also, I remember last year opening day for fright fest had a lack of scareactors, but once Columbus day came around there were a lot more. I really liked this years fright fest. I noticed a lot more props around the park compared to last year and I really enjoyed the houses. The only let down was Big Top Terror, because there were only 3 actors throughout the whole house.

This. I went first weekend last year and it was garbage. After Columbus day it was much better.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 25th, 2016, 6:40 pm
While I was on Condor today, it stopped at the top for 10 seconds. I thought it was broken down and it stopped working, but a few seconds later it started up again. I asked the ride attendant if that was comepletely normal, and they said it's exclusively for fright fest. Is that true?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Coaster Justin on September 25th, 2016, 7:24 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:While I was on Condor today, it stopped at the top for 10 seconds. I thought it was broken down and it stopped working, but a few seconds later it started up again. I asked the ride attendant if that was comepletely normal, and they said it's exclusively for fright fest. Is that true?

Yeah. It's Fright Fest mode.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby BCarroll on September 26th, 2016, 6:58 am
Just a question, how come King Chaos is not running in Fright Fest mode?
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby stergmi on September 26th, 2016, 9:43 am
BCarroll wrote:Just a question, how come King Chaos is not running in Fright Fest mode?

I thought it was when I rode it yesterday.

stergmi

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 26th, 2016, 10:34 am
RollingCoasting wrote:Btw, regarding the meet-up, did anyone participate?

I wasn't planning to, but I coincidentally walked by the Gazebo at 1:05 and didn't see anyone that described themselves here :p

I went to the gazebo at 115 or so (yes I was late) and didn't see anyone there.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 26th, 2016, 10:36 am
A couple of comments from our visit -

1) Chubasco was totally awesome! That was my first time on it during FF
2) I LOVED the cemetery headstones. My daughter wanted to go through there so we stopped and read all of them.
3) The clowns that were out in front of X Flight around 900 with their super loud horns were actually kind of annoying
4) Whizzer was amazing with the fog and lights! I Don't remember if they had fog in years past

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 26th, 2016, 10:38 am
RollingCoasting wrote:It'd be cool if SFGAm showed a documentary for Fright Fest that showed all of the park's past rides, why they were removed, etc. They could put the Graveyard right next to it, it'd be pretty cool.

I totally love this idea! A documentary/history course on rides removed. Great idea!! They could also include some sort of linear timeline to show rides added and removed as well.

I really miss Tidal Wave. That was an awesome ride. First coaster I ever went backwards on

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Viper 88 on September 26th, 2016, 11:42 am
Fright Fest really did suck this year. They were packed I don't know who said they weren't busy but from where I was they were. Food lines were atrocious as usual lines, for the haunted houses were nuts even with the express pass and ride lines were ridiculous too. I mean hundred and twenty minutes, 2 hours for demon, with three trains running? American Eagle had a 90-minute line even viper look like it had an hour line I didn't even bother with Whizzer. Food lines were bad the entire day, They ran out of the Snickers funnel cakes. The Houses were mediocre Though Gates of Hell was a touch better than last year. Massacre was 50/50 Terrific themeing, but a lack of actors. Saw Nox once around the entire place. They did have more fog machines in than in years past. In will say more fog for atmosphere. Open other eating establishments They could have really used more spaces to get drinks after a certain time Mardi Gras was a desert for drinks. They could have run Lightmosfear for longer than just 11pm. It was like 3 after 11 and it was completely dark, does it really cost so much to play music and have flashing lights? Fiddlers had some awful music/sound that was very annoying. Best ride of the day was TT2. Grand total's 6 rides all 6 houses and 2 shows. Kind of sucks that my last ride of the season was Mack in the Box, Wished I would have gone out on a stronger note, AE, Viper even Whizzer.
Viper 88

Postby BCarroll on September 26th, 2016, 11:44 am
stergmi wrote:
BCarroll wrote:Just a question, how come King Chaos is not running in Fright Fest mode?

I thought it was when I rode it yesterday.

When I was there on Saturday it was running in the normal mode... (the 1 big flip followed by 4 fast flips, then hanging over the water)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se4Z9YAMLEQ Fright Fest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4XMFpkBn7E Normal
BCarroll

Postby stergmi on September 26th, 2016, 11:53 am
Oh yeah. Def normal mode yesterday.

stergmi

Postby batmanfan80 on September 26th, 2016, 12:56 pm
So did Batman really have an 85 min wait yesterday?
batmanfan80

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum