Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Six Flags Great America Celebrates 40 Seasons of Thrills!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on January 24th, 2015, 7:21 pm
How will the train be operating and it surprises me that American Eagle isn't at the top of the lost for repainting.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby DejaVu2001 on January 24th, 2015, 7:28 pm
I'm not sure what you mean by "how" the train will operate. As for why Eagle isn't high on the paint list, well, it's massive and the intricate supports also make it difficult to paint.
DejaVu2001

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on January 24th, 2015, 8:24 pm
You said the rail road will not be the same as 2012. I was wondering what you meant by this.

Also, did they mention anything about Goliath's queue line?
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby anewman35 on January 24th, 2015, 8:41 pm
Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:You said the rail road will not be the same as 2012. I was wondering what you meant by this.

Also, did they mention anything about Goliath's queue line?

I assumed he meant that the Hometown station won't be the same as it used to be, but it'll be better than the last few years.

I wasn't there, so I don't know if they said anything about Goliath, but it wouldn't be too hard to have basically the same setup as last exception a little narrower to allow a path to the station.

Something I was wondering: Anything replacing the ropes course?
anewman35

Postby DejaVu2001 on January 24th, 2015, 10:09 pm
anewman35 wrote:I assumed he meant that the Hometown station won't be the same as it used to be, but it'll be better than the last few years.

This.

And as for Sky Trail, no one asked. I think we pretty much all know what to expect :lol:
DejaVu2001

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on January 24th, 2015, 11:36 pm
Did they say anything about if they were planning to do something where Ragin Cajun was? If I remember correctly, at one time Hank had talked about putting something there temporarily.

I really doubt they discussed this, but anything about what is going to replace Necropolis for next year's Fright Fest? They probably don't really even know yet.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby DejaVu2001 on January 25th, 2015, 8:00 am
American Coaster Enthusiasts held their annual No Coaster Con today. SFGAm of course was there.

Video SFGAm made for their presentation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxYpgBW ... e=youtu.be

First, as you might expect, nothing has really been done. Hometown Square will have the square mostly restored with trees, flagpole, and gazebo. There will be no grass though, as the grass there was always patchy at best due to people walking on it watching the parades.

Railroad will not be the same as 2012, but you will be able to enter and exit the old way at Hometown. BOTH stations will be open. The train will operate during Fright Fest.

Hometown Park will be "new". It will be the 3 rides previously announced, but they won't be in their original spots. They will go between the Ladder Climb and First Aid, also expanding into the grassy area between there and Battle's queue. Ladder Climb and 3 Point will remain.

This is the area the kiddie rides will be going in.

Batman: The Ride WILL be repainted this year in its current colors. They really want to get Whizzer painted this year, but there is no guarantee. Batman, Whizzer and Superman are the top 3 coasters on the paint list, in that order.

Entertainment. The Six Flags Grand Finale parade will be back, with a different stage. Everything else is TBD.

Chop Six is replacing Panda Express in the County Fair Food Court

Fright Fest. New Picnic Grove theme is TBD. Entry will still be through Ragin' Cajun which will remain empty this year. New Haunted House in Mardi Gras by the games.

Video of the Q&A:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eG-V3T ... e=youtu.be
DejaVu2001

Postby Jerrykoala2112 on January 25th, 2015, 1:20 pm
One of the main reasons I did not like Goliath is because SFGAm dumped a lot of money into the coaster instead of upgrades to the rest of the park. In that aspect, we saw it suffer. But I am very excited for this season, the park updates will be very appreciated.

Chop Six
Jerrykoala2112

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 25th, 2015, 1:24 pm
Looks like the park knows who Kossdude is. And they apparently like his videos...

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on January 25th, 2015, 1:50 pm
Last season when I exited Wicked Woods, I looked into the one room on the right behind the games and I saw that it was mostly empty. I actually emailed Six Flags saying that they should find a use for it. Surprisingly, they are actually putting a haunted house back there.

I am actually really excited for the train ride with the ride cars and signs. That will be pretty neat. The firework Friday's and throwback Thursdays also sound very cool.

They can also have some really amazing things to sell in stores but I doubt they will do that. Some things reminiscent of the Marriott days maybe even a blueprint of the park from 1976.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby DeathbyDinn on January 25th, 2015, 2:22 pm
Really excited for the train timeline, hopefully it's something that will stay after this year and be updated year after year. I'm assuming the Carousel Plaza refresh won't be anything too major if nothing was mentioned. I was hoping the carousel paint job would be finished, but it doesn't sound like that's the case.
DeathbyDinn

Postby ThemeParkFan07 on January 26th, 2015, 5:18 pm
Seems underwhelming to me. No grass, not removing all of the games/clutter by Orbit, nothing mentioned for Carousel Plaza, etc.

I'm not saying the coasters they're painting don't need paint, but Whizzer and Eagle (ESPECIALLY) have needed it for much longer.

Starting to feel like I can't count on the park to do a whole lot right anymore.
ThemeParkFan07

Postby KI2014 on March 20th, 2015, 11:30 am
Has anyone seen or heard of any construction happening yet?
My blood, sweat, and tears:
https://besignsideas.weebly.com
KI2014

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on March 20th, 2015, 2:05 pm
KI2014 wrote:Has anyone seen or heard of any construction happening yet?

They primered the Red Baron Planes.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm on March 23rd, 2015, 7:49 pm
Can somebody please post up pictures of the Hometown Square Train station from 2014? I haven't been to the park in years and now live in LA. I looked everywhere to find pictures or youtube footage of the area but can't find it.

Also, can somebody please briefly fill me in on what happened to it? From my understanding, they put up ignite in 2013, then removed it in 2014? I always loved Hometown Square and am hopeful that they may bring it back to its light in 2015.
No matter how hard it is...Never EVER give up. The real failure is those who dont try.
LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm

Postby DeathbyDinn on March 23rd, 2015, 8:09 pm
DeathbyDinn

Postby LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm on March 23rd, 2015, 9:15 pm
Thank you. So will they still leave that stage up? I was hoping it would be down all together.
No matter how hard it is...Never EVER give up. The real failure is those who dont try.
LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on March 24th, 2015, 7:31 am
The igNight stage was like another 20 feet higher in 2013

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby DeathbyDinn on April 1st, 2015, 10:48 pm
Kinda hard to see but you can make out a little of the kiddie ride area and Batman's paint job in this pic the park tweeted tonight. Image
DeathbyDinn

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on April 1st, 2015, 11:03 pm
DeathbyDinn wrote:Kinda hard to see but you can make out a little of the kiddie ride area and Batman's paint job in this pic the park tweeted tonight. Image

Did they just fill in where the water was in between First Aid and Buccaneer Battle? Is that where the rides are going?
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby Goku1910 on April 1st, 2015, 11:27 pm
Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:
DeathbyDinn wrote:Kinda hard to see but you can make out a little of the kiddie ride area and Batman's paint job in this pic the park tweeted tonight. Image

Did they just fill in where the water was in between First Aid and Buccaneer Battle? Is that where the rides are going?

Water is still there. Ladder climb isn't. This fills the area between employee Cafe, first aid, and battle's unused queue.
Goku1910

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 1st, 2015, 11:55 pm

Ooh! Silver rails. I like it!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby DejaVu2001 on April 2nd, 2015, 5:03 am
^ That's primer :wink:

And Ladder Climb is there. The actual inflatable ladder climb is still in winter storage, but everything else is there. They did move the blue storage container that was behind it and put it behind 3 point.
DejaVu2001

Postby Coaster Justin on April 2nd, 2015, 7:51 am
It'll probably go where Cajun was.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on April 2nd, 2015, 10:02 am
Coaster Justin wrote:It'll probably go where Cajun was.

Or I am thinking sky trail. It will be interesting to see how they choose to fill up Sky Trails spot, Ragin Cajun, as well as Southwest Amphiteathere. The theater has got to be on its way out soon.
Iron Wolf 90-11

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum