Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2015

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby anewman35 on August 21st, 2014, 3:31 pm
BabyDinosaur wrote:Ameri-Go-Round In The Middle Of Hometown Square

Except does it make any sense to have one carousel right near another one?

Plus, they seem to like having shows there, which would be a lot harder to do.
anewman35

Postby Superman on August 21st, 2014, 3:46 pm
I'm gonna make a guess that it's a dark ride in the pictorium. Is the pictorium on Ho me town Square or Carousel Plaza?
Superman

Postby scott2608 on August 21st, 2014, 3:48 pm
Superman wrote:I'm gonna make a guess that it's a dark ride in the pictorium. Is the pictorium on Ho me town Square or Carousel Plaza?

Carousel Plaza
Great America Visits
2008 = 2
2009 = 26
2010 = 33
2011 = 17
2012 = 8
2013 = 4
2014 = 3

scott2608

Postby RollingCoasting on August 21st, 2014, 4:05 pm
What we know so from the videos and basic logic:

SWAT is not being removed for the new attraction
Demon is not being removed for the new attraction
Sky Trail is being removed, maybe for a new attraction
Whatever it is will most likely be in Hometown Square, Carousel Plaza, or maybe even County Fair
We will most likely not get a new coaster in 2015
Last edited by RollingCoasting on August 21st, 2014, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RollingCoasting

Postby BabyDinosaur on August 21st, 2014, 4:05 pm
Why Not Tear Down Raging Bull, And American Eagle And Put Millennium Force Instead? :lol:
Just Kidding :P But If They Would Have To Get Rid Of Any Ride It Would Have To Be Superman And The Dark Knight. Imagine How Much Space Would Fit For An Outstanding Coaster There! It Would Even Be The First Thing Guests See When Entering The Park :)
BabyDinosaur's Coaster Count: 36
BabyDinosaur

Postby RollingCoasting on August 21st, 2014, 4:07 pm
^ Superman: Ultimate Fight is one of the most popular rides in the park (The GP Loves it) so it will most likely not be removed
RollingCoasting

Postby anewman35 on August 21st, 2014, 4:14 pm
We also know that anything we get is under 125 feet.
anewman35

Postby ShockWaveFan on August 21st, 2014, 4:17 pm
...Why put up a Throwback Thursday video, though? Another clue?

This is why I don't think those "votes" mean much of anything. This is a scavenger hunt of sorts.
ShockWaveFan

Postby VuDooJoey on August 21st, 2014, 4:26 pm
Just finished watching teaser 4. Wow, what happened? Maybe there was a glitch in the video or something? Should we email the park and tell them that there is something wrong with it?
VuDooJoey

Postby BabyDinosaur on August 21st, 2014, 4:43 pm
VuDooJoey wrote:Just finished watching teaser 4. Wow, what happened? Maybe there was a glitch in the video or something? Should we email the park and tell them that there is something wrong with it?

Already Tried That:/ I Asked "What Happened In The 4th Teaser Today?" They Said "Something BIG Is Coming To Six Flags!". They Completely Avoided My Question With An Ad:/ :lol:
BabyDinosaur's Coaster Count: 36
BabyDinosaur

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on August 21st, 2014, 4:46 pm
I have a feeling something old will be returing next year. If I remember correctly, Hank Salemi did say we might see buzzy bee's return in the future, maybe Hometown Park will be restored back to life next year and that basket ball game moved to where the ropes course is. Who knows! I'd be happy as all hell to see Hometown Park restored as well as the Ameri-Go-Round make a triumphent return.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby FParker185 on August 21st, 2014, 4:52 pm
Or everything they have mentioned so far will receive work done to it to make it look presentable once again.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on August 21st, 2014, 5:07 pm
Anyone know what year it is in the clip at 0.27?
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby Banky on August 21st, 2014, 5:34 pm
if only they would bring back Sky Whirl which was only 110ft.... Seriously though they are just trolling the hell out of everyone. Its going to wind up being some horrible show somewhere. And if they were to do anything with kids rides in the future they should close kidzopolous and take those rides and some others and retheme them and move them to a new kids area maybe where pictorium is. The two kids area's of the park are currently to close to each other in my opinion as someone who takes 3 nephews ages 8,6,and 5 to the park regularly.

maybe they are bringing back the hop on-hop off trolley's back?
Banky

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on August 21st, 2014, 6:05 pm
Banky wrote:
maybe they are bringing back the hop on-hop off trolley's back?

In this day and age, that's an accident waiting to happen.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 21st, 2014, 6:31 pm
Banky, you think our park is trolling us? Look at Great Adventure's teaser!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on August 21st, 2014, 6:33 pm
Having seen the way both great America's operate and function (California and Illinois) Our park without a doubt has held much closer to it's classic roots.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby dlmtechnology on August 21st, 2014, 6:36 pm
Hometown square is being restored and the concrete jungle is once again a lush park.
Sky whirl 2.0 (not sure there is the space where ropes is, unless the arms swing down into the orbit area and the main beam is in ropes land' in which case orbit is being moved to ragin cagin land)

And Ameri-go-round, let's toss that infront of the southwest amphitheater (there appears to be a big enough plot of unused land between that and the train tracks

While we are at it home town kiddies is back by the schoolhouse!
dlmtechnology

Postby Chitown on August 21st, 2014, 6:56 pm
Whizzer Whiz Kid wrote:Anyone know what year it is in the clip at 0.27?

Earliest would be 1978 since Tidal Wave is in it.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby BroServant7 on August 21st, 2014, 7:43 pm
vintage video, horses in the paint shop, David on a carousel in the first video... my hat is in the ring for ameri-go-round coming back SOMEWHERE. I have a feeling Pictorium is gone. My hopes are on getting a dark ride to replace it but I know that's doubtful.
BroServant7

Postby Banky on August 21st, 2014, 8:02 pm
total refurbish of carousel plaza? it is afterall where we choose out path when entering the park. Do we go left into Orleans Place or right into Hometown Square?? perhaps finally putting the entrance to hurricane harbor in carousel plaza as well?
Banky

Postby WhatsUpDoc on August 21st, 2014, 8:41 pm
I think that Ameri-Go-Round will return and be put in Sky Trail's spot. The Pictorium will probably close but they will wait until 2016 to put anything in it or in it's place.
WhatsUpDoc

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on August 21st, 2014, 8:51 pm
Seeing as that Ameri-Go-Round has been sitting under Superman for 10+ years and still hasn't been sold or moved to another park, and the original intentions were to re-install it before Six Flags took a financial turn for the worst, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they re-installed it next year. Maybe the "Path" Reference, is a path down memory lane. I Loved the Ameri-Go-Round, it would be great to have it back in my opinion.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby anewman35 on August 21st, 2014, 9:13 pm
I agree that the Ameri-Go-Round makes sense, but I still suspect there's going to be a bit more - I don't see how they could possibly market the return of an old carousal (that wasn't even the main carousal) as being a big deal...but the return of an old carousal AND the Buzzy Bees and, I dunno, the old kiddie train ride, and maybe a new ride or two and you have a new kids area, and THAT you can market (for example, the new attraction at Six Flags Over Texas this year was an update to their kids area with 5 new rides). The more I think about it the more logical the whole thing seems, so I'm almost going to upset if they don't do it. We shall see.

As for the Pictorium, I really hope they don't take it out soon, but only because I really hope they fill in the RC spot first. I'm cool with it this year (especially if they do the kids thing, because that side of the park doesn't need it), but their by next year they really should fill it, empty spots (especially ones where they didn't even try to cover it up) really don't look good.
anewman35

Postby Banky on August 21st, 2014, 10:58 pm
you could market the return of Ameri-go-round IF say they are doing a total rehap of Columbia that will keep it out of action for all or most of 2015. Especially if along with the total rehab on Columbia they were reshaping the plaza entirely.
Banky

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum