Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2015

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby anewman35 on August 19th, 2014, 10:13 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
anewman35 wrote:A few things:

... The CEO of Six Flags is NOT going to announce a national lineup of a bunch of coasters, a few dark rides, a few water slides, a SkyScreamer, a show, and SOME NEW LANDSCAPING AND PAINT and CLOSING OFF A PATH.

Yeah he has. That's Jim's trademark. He makes these hilarious videos regarding additions to parks. Some of his highlight quotes:

"You can even see Canada, Or is that Russia over there"- New England Sky Screamer
"We have deep Texas roots, As you can clearly tell from my accent"- Texas Sky Screamer
"As those famous philosophers Bill & Ted once said "Excellent""- Safari Off Road Adventure
"Iron Rattler's Bite ssss"- Iron Rattler

You're missing my point. Those were all jokes in reference to (pretty big) new rides. What I'm saying is, he's not going to announce all that stuff for all the other parks...and have our announcement be landscaping and paths. He's going to have some actual attraction to announce. That doesn't mean they'll never do things like landscaping and paths, but they aren't making videos about them.
anewman35

Postby Coaster Justin on August 19th, 2014, 10:47 pm
Oh... Sorry.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Banky on August 19th, 2014, 11:37 pm
I am sure that in closing off that path they would put something in there probably between BB and Demon to " make the entrance move necessary" Could be something really weak. Or they could do that and at the same time across the park turn the Dark Knight que back into a theater and move the que outdoors along side supermans que. turning that back into a theater and having it DC themed could make alot of sense with the upcoming Batman vs Superman and Justice League films.

Not saying that is what they will do. Just that it is what I would do. I'd personally be happy if they fired 3/4 of the parks staff and hired and actually TRAINED a new one. But that's me.
Banky

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 20th, 2014, 1:39 am
anewman35 wrote:The CEO of Six Flags is NOT going to announce a national lineup of a bunch of coasters, a few dark rides, a few water slides, a SkySceamer, a show, and SOME NEW LANDSCAPING AND PAINT and CLOSING OFF A PATH.

I would love to see how that press release would read when you tack on the ridiculous "It's Official" opener that Six Flags likes to use for just about all of their new ride/expansion press releases.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby gottastrata33 on August 20th, 2014, 3:53 am
I finally watched the video & to bring up those papers David is holding - when he flips it over, all I see is DejaVu's loop! I'm not sayin thats what it is, it LOOKS like it with the suspended track & the supports inside the "loop". So with the dark coloring of the image, I can see it being a FrightFest ad/flyer with a coaster silhouette which could be "DejaVu'" or "Goliath" at SFNE. Maybe I'm the only one who sees it but thats all I keep seein, Vu's loop.

Glad Demon is here to stay. I personally hope Buccaneer Battle stays. Yeah, its the only ride in the park I have never ridden cause I hate water rides but my cousin loves it & so do thousandths of other kids/families. I think its a great addition. It's themed well, it has a nice ride area & its very interactive between riders & guests. Very few rides can actually deliver more than visual interaction. It's fun, let it stay.
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby BroServant7 on August 20th, 2014, 10:13 am
I noticed after re-watching the most recent video that there were horses from the carousel in the paint shop... they seemed to zoom up and focus on them. In the first video David's on the carousel... Could something new be happening with the carousel? could we be getting a new one? I HIGHLY doubt they'd take out the Columbia Carousel as that's a record holder as well as the poster child of our park (when you hear Great America you usually can't help but think of the reflective pool and the carousel).
BroServant7

Postby tp41190 on August 20th, 2014, 10:59 am
Columbia...backwards.
[read]
tp41190

Postby dlmtechnology on August 20th, 2014, 11:55 am
Carousel horses in the paint shop? Is the Ameri-Go-Round finally coming back?
dlmtechnology

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on August 20th, 2014, 1:04 pm
dlmtechnology wrote:Carousel horses in the paint shop? Is the Ameri-Go-Round finally coming back?

Excatly what I was thinking. 11 years is along time to be sitting under superman, lol. They were originally supposed to reinstall it elsewhere in the park, but it just never happened. I think that would actually look really cool if they put Ameri-go-round where the ropes course is, right by those trees
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby dlmtechnology on August 20th, 2014, 4:12 pm
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:
dlmtechnology wrote:Carousel horses in the paint shop? Is the Ameri-Go-Round finally coming back?

Excatly what I was thinking. 11 years is along time to be sitting under superman, lol. They were originally supposed to reinstall it elsewhere in the park, but it just never happened. I think that would actually look really cool if they put Ameri-go-round where the ropes course is, right by those trees

Maybe they will make it possible to catch a brass ring for luck!
Right by those trees you can meet a special girl, hold her hand there,
Take a journey on the merry-go-round,
It's magic when you're young.

:)
dlmtechnology

Postby Sporlo on August 20th, 2014, 5:38 pm
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14846
Could this possibly be relevant to SFGAm? I know a lot of people have mentioned a dark ride on these forums.
Sporlo

Postby anewman35 on August 20th, 2014, 6:59 pm
That sort of thing seems possible, except #1 I think they would have started constructing the building already - SFOT and Six Flags St Louis are both seemingly getting dark rides, and they both already have buildings built (SFOT is expanding theirs, I guess), and in the case of SFOT they are already working on the building and St. Louis will be soon and #2, I think if they were building a dark ride (especially a Justice League dark ride like is rumored) they'd be teasing that (instead of just teasing what they're not doing).
anewman35

Postby DeathbyDinn on August 20th, 2014, 8:07 pm
^ I don't think we're getting a dark ride next year, but we already have buildings big enough to hold one. The building behind County Fair games, as well as the arcade building in SWT, which could also be extended into Trailblazers spot.
DeathbyDinn

Postby Banky on August 20th, 2014, 9:18 pm
both of those spots host haunted houses during fright fest. if they were going to do anything with them for next year they wouldn't touch them til after frightfest or they wouldn't have room for the 6 haunted houses they been advertising for the 6-6-6
Banky

Postby anewman35 on August 20th, 2014, 9:43 pm
My current prediction: tomorrow BB won the vote, and they announce that BB is staying BUT the overflow queue is going (based on the idea that they wouldn't give a reveal last time and not this time, you'd expect to get more info as time went on). Then they use that area (and maybe Hometown Park, which is also right there) as a new kids area. To go with other rumors, could bring back the other carousel (as well as the bees). Heck, it could even involve a retheme of Aunt Martha's, if that wasn't just a fake rumor.
anewman35

Postby BabyDinosaur on August 20th, 2014, 9:52 pm
anewman35 wrote:My current prediction: tomorrow BB won the vote, and they announce that BB is staying BUT the overflow queue is going (based on the idea that they wouldn't give a reveal last time and not this time, you'd expect to get more info as time went on). Then they use that area (and maybe Hometown Park, which is also right there) as a new kids area. To go with other rumors, could bring back the other carousel (as well as the bees). Heck, it could even involve a retheme of Aunt Martha's, if that wasn't just a fake rumor.

Sounds Like The Most Reasonable Considering We Just Got Goliath.
BabyDinosaur's Coaster Count: 36
BabyDinosaur

Postby sfgam-fan on August 20th, 2014, 11:23 pm
If that's the case I'll be mildly irritated because if they are adding another kids area, they could have relocated Camp Cartoon last year and used that extra space for a bigger/longer Goliath.

And I'd be annoyed because it would mean they aren't tearing out BB as fast as humanly possible :)
sfgam-fan

Postby gottastrata33 on August 21st, 2014, 2:48 am
sfgam-fan wrote:If that's the case I'll be mildly irritated because if they are adding another kids area, they could have relocated Camp Cartoon last year and used that extra space for a bigger/longer Goliath.

Wah. Goliath is perfect the way it is. It's a great coaster that our park has. Be happy you have it at all, your home park could be the Great Escape.

I am all for a new family section.
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby anewman35 on August 21st, 2014, 6:50 am
sfgam-fan wrote:If that's the case I'll be mildly irritated because if they are adding another kids area, they could have relocated Camp Cartoon last year and used that extra space for a bigger/longer Goliath.

And I'd be annoyed because it would mean they aren't tearing out BB as fast as humanly possible :)

Honestly, I would have agreed with the pointlessness of BB until yesterday, when I went on it for the first time. Now, I agree that most of the time it's pretty wasted space (and even yesterday, when it was very hot, there was basically no line), but I was with a seven-year-old who doesn't really like huge drops and didn't want to get totally soaked, so it was the only water ride in the park she would go on, and it was pretty fun. If I had to list rides I wouldn't mind going it would be near the top, but it does serve a purpose and I hope that if it ever does go that it's for a reason and not just out of spite. I guess I wouldn't mind if they took it out and replaced it with one of the Aqua Twist rides somewhere, which seems like a similar ride experience with (I assume) a smaller footprint)
anewman35

Postby DeathbyDinn on August 21st, 2014, 2:40 pm
DeathbyDinn

Postby Jacklw6499 on August 21st, 2014, 2:46 pm
Well todays teaser was a whole bunch of nothing! :roll:
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby anewman35 on August 21st, 2014, 2:49 pm
Yeah, today's video probably means SOMETHING - but I have no idea what. Oh well, we'll know everything in just a week...
anewman35

Postby jkurtzweil2 on August 21st, 2014, 2:56 pm
From today's teaser we learned...

nothing
jkurtzweil2

Postby tp41190 on August 21st, 2014, 3:04 pm
Maybe they have no idea what they are doing.

They did show a lot of older rides that are now gone in that random clip. Maybe it will be a come back of something.

Those who are thinking about Ameri-go-round could be on to something.
[read]
tp41190

Postby BabyDinosaur on August 21st, 2014, 3:27 pm
Ameri-Go-Round In The Middle Of Hometown Square
BabyDinosaur's Coaster Count: 36
BabyDinosaur

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum