Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Where do you see our park in 10 years?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby chester016 on September 11th, 2013, 10:42 pm
kossdude1 wrote:I feel like they should've originally put Superman in the spot where X-Flight is, had replaced Iron Wolf with X-Flight, and waited to take out Shockwave until Goliath was announced.

Yes, because that would have worked out perfectly. :roll:
chester016

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on September 11th, 2013, 11:13 pm
kossdude1 wrote:I feel like they should've originally put Superman in the spot where X-Flight is, had replaced Iron Wolf with X-Flight, and waited to take out Shockwave until Goliath was announced.

Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby kossdude1 on September 12th, 2013, 6:56 am
I mean when you think about it.
-Superman would attract people to the back of the park more.
-Putting X-Flight in IWs old area would've left for a bit more room to make a different layout.
-We would've had much more room for Goliath.

I know this sounds stupid, and I get that. Just wanted to put it out there to see what anyone thought.

Also, I really don't expect Superman to be at the park for more than 8 more years
kossdude1

Postby BBH on September 12th, 2013, 5:46 pm
kossdude1 wrote:I mean when you think about it.
-Putting X-Flight in IWs old area would've left for a bit more room to make a different layout.

I know this sounds stupid, and I get that. Just wanted to put it out there to see what anyone thought.

Also, I really don't expect Superman to be at the park for more than 8 more years

It is by far the most popular ride in the park, why would they get rid of it?
"Remove this man before I commit an act of violence against him."
-Ron Swanson
BBH

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on September 12th, 2013, 8:24 pm
I could see them ripping out the failure known as Buccaneer Battle and replacing it and Hometown park with either a B&M Dive machine or a Large Euro Fighter. From the trend so far in the few years of the Anderson Era. It seems that Unpopular attractions are being ripped out (Space Shuttle America, Great American Raceway, Iron Wolf, Great American Scream Machine, Rolling Thunder, etc) and Being replaced with Marketable attractions. Buccaneer Battle is a flop and I'm not saying this in a bad way, all you have to do is walk by the thing and view the non existent lines even on most hot summer days. It doesn't draw people into the park and it's a waste to pay people to stand there all day to serve a few riders. Hopefully improving infrastructure too! I wouldn't mind seeing alot of the asphalt come out be replaced with pavers like what Cedar Fair has been doing with alot of sections in their park.
Attachments
pkd_coaster_op_800x533.jpg
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby Superman on September 12th, 2013, 9:30 pm
I completely agree^. I just got back from CP and it was really nice to not be walking on the hot black asphalt all day. It's not very likely though, since six flags seems to only spend time and money on things that bring in more revenue. As a very logical and business-minded person, I think that's very smart. I just have different ideas about customer satisfaction. I got way off topic there haha. End rant
"Everyone, listen to me! These jerks killed Superboy. They've tried to kill us. Now they say they're going to tear this city apart. I say... like hell."
Superman

Postby kossdude1 on September 12th, 2013, 10:23 pm
Maybe replace Buccaneer Battle with a water coaster?

I also thought a Twist n Splash would be great where the go karts currently reside
kossdude1

Postby Ilovthevu' on September 12th, 2013, 10:32 pm
CoasterNick3157 wrote:In the next 10 years. I expect 1 of the theme areas to be rethemed, Demon gone along with Superman. Amplitheatre gone or made up into something else. More water park expansion.

If the park kept Iron Wolf for 21 years, do you really think that Superman would be gone in 20 years? The only way I see Superman being taken out of the park is if it gets to the point where it's breaking down all the time. It's so hard for me to even get one reride on Superman. Are you kidding me? Superman also has good capacity for it as compared to something like Ragin Cajun.

I get it though. It's probably a ride you don't like, and thus you don't want the park to keep the ride, but as in popularity / long lines it's up there with Raging Bull.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on September 12th, 2013, 11:11 pm
Superman wrote:I completely agree^. I just got back from CP and it was really nice to not be walking on the hot black asphalt all day. It's not very likely though, since six flags seems to only spend time and money on things that bring in more revenue. As a very logical and business-minded person, I think that's very smart. I just have different ideas about customer satisfaction. I got way off topic there haha. End rant

I'm hoping once they run out of room for new rides they will just spend their money improving the living hell out of the infrastructure, keeping all the rides freshly painted, Pavers, etc. Sadly, I don't see that happening though until the park is completely out of room and they have nothing better to do, lol. I think they've hit their peak with expendable roller coasters after removing Wolf and soon to be Cajun, to be honest I don't see any of our coasters going anywhere for along time. I don't even see Demon or Whizzer being removed, refurbished and overhauled? yes! Removed? No. They're both popular, have alot of history, not expensive to maintain (I say this because they both survived the Great Recession without removal so they can't be too expensive) and most importantly and draw big crowds on summer days. Especially with the 3D printing technology that's coming along, it will make it WAY easier to print parts for older Arrow and Schwarzkopf rides. I can see them axing out more flat rides and the flumes though.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby Coaster Justin on September 13th, 2013, 1:56 am
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:
Superman wrote:I completely agree^. I just got back from CP and it was really nice to not be walking on the hot black asphalt all day. It's not very likely though, since six flags seems to only spend time and money on things that bring in more revenue. As a very logical and business-minded person, I think that's very smart. I just have different ideas about customer satisfaction. I got way off topic there haha. End rant

I'm hoping once they run out of room for new rides they will just spend their money improving the living hell out of the infrastructure, keeping all the rides freshly painted, Pavers, etc. Sadly, I don't see that happening though until the park is completely out of room and they have nothing better to do, lol. I think they've hit their peak with expendable roller coasters after removing Wolf and soon to be Cajun, to be honest I don't see any of our coasters going anywhere for along time. I don't even see Demon or Whizzer being removed, refurbished and overhauled? yes! Removed? No. They're both popular, have alot of history, not expensive to maintain (I say this because they both survived the Great Recession without removal so they can't be too expensive) and most importantly and draw big crowds on summer days. Especially with the 3D printing technology that's coming along, it will make it WAY easier to print parts for older Arrow and Schwarzkopf rides. I can see them axing out more flat rides and the flumes though.

I don't know about Ride Renderings (Probably) but Premier Rides could probably easily make parts for Demon, Whizzer, and Probably every other ride at Great America

http://www.premier-rides.com/parts_service/rehab.htm
http://www.premier-rides.com/parts_service/parts.htm

And It's not like Six Flags is anti Premier Rides.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby anewman35 on September 13th, 2013, 6:47 am
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:
I'm hoping once they run out of room for new rides they will just spend their money improving the living hell out of the infrastructure, keeping all the rides freshly painted, Pavers, etc.

New for 2018: Fresh paint!
New for 2019: New pavers!
New for 2020: Improved infrastructure!

Yeah, that's not happening (and if it did, there would be a riot among the majority of park fans).
anewman35

Postby Superman on September 13th, 2013, 7:00 am
Why would there be a riot? Six Flags wouldn't announce that as their new attraction, like you said in your awfully sarcastic manner. If they were to do that, I'm sure they would add a new flat or put something in HH.
"Everyone, listen to me! These jerks killed Superboy. They've tried to kill us. Now they say they're going to tear this city apart. I say... like hell."
Superman

Postby kossdude1 on September 13th, 2013, 7:09 am
Someone posted a picture of what Cedar Fair does with their midways, I wouldn't mind having most of the areas (County Fair, Hometown, Yukon, Yankee Harbor, Mardi Gras, Orleans Place) put those in
kossdude1

Postby JimPanky on September 13th, 2013, 8:47 am

JimPanky

Postby tribar on September 13th, 2013, 9:09 am
BBH wrote:
kossdude1 wrote:I mean when you think about it.

It is by far the most popular ride in the park, why would they get rid of it?

It's not by far the most popular ride in park. It just looks that way because of low capacity
tribar

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on September 13th, 2013, 12:49 pm
I totally agree Superman! They will more than likely keep adding marketable key attractions to Great America for the time being. One day It will eventually run out of space, but luckily Great America still has tons of room to expand. It would require purchasing the lot of land across the street from Washington street, and moving the Employee parking lot and maitinence buildings over there. But if they did away with the Employee Parking lot and Storage/Maintainance buildings in their current locations you could almost double the size of the park. That plot of land across the street from Washington could not only house the employee parking lot and buildings but also have enough room for Hotels, etc if the Park ever wanted it. It would mean Re-Jigging Washington street a little bit, and we all remember last time what happened when they tried doing the Entertainment Village Expansion, lol. In a way, I'm glad that didn't happen, because they were going to Build Hurricane Harbor and the Village on the other side of the High way. I'm glad Hurricane Harbor ended up in it's current location attached to the dry park.
Attachments
Michael Myers Without his mask.jpg
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby kossdude1 on September 13th, 2013, 3:11 pm
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:I totally agree Superman! They will more than likely keep adding marketable key attractions to Great America for the time being. One day It will eventually run out of space, but luckily Great America still has tons of room to expand. It would require purchasing the lot of land across the street from Washington street, and moving the Employee parking lot and maitinence buildings over there. But if they did away with the Employee Parking lot and Storage/Maintainance buildings in their current locations you could almost double the size of the park. That plot of land across the street from Washington could not only house the employee parking lot and buildings but also have enough room for Hotels, etc if the Park ever wanted it. It would mean Re-Jigging Washington street a little bit, and we all remember last time what happened when they tried doing the Entertainment Village Expansion, lol. In a way, I'm glad that didn't happen, because they were going to Build Hurricane Harbor and the Village on the other side of the High way. I'm glad Hurricane Harbor ended up in it's current location attached to the dry park.

You overlooked one thing, there's residential homes on the other side of Washington
kossdude1

Postby kossdude1 on September 13th, 2013, 3:11 pm
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:I totally agree Superman! They will more than likely keep adding marketable key attractions to Great America for the time being. One day It will eventually run out of space, but luckily Great America still has tons of room to expand. It would require purchasing the lot of land across the street from Washington street, and moving the Employee parking lot and maitinence buildings over there. But if they did away with the Employee Parking lot and Storage/Maintainance buildings in their current locations you could almost double the size of the park. That plot of land across the street from Washington could not only house the employee parking lot and buildings but also have enough room for Hotels, etc if the Park ever wanted it. It would mean Re-Jigging Washington street a little bit, and we all remember last time what happened when they tried doing the Entertainment Village Expansion, lol. In a way, I'm glad that didn't happen, because they were going to Build Hurricane Harbor and the Village on the other side of the High way. I'm glad Hurricane Harbor ended up in it's current location attached to the dry park.

You overlooked one thing, there's residential homes on the other side of Washington
kossdude1

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on September 13th, 2013, 3:35 pm
If that were to happen they would have to buy the whole lot of land including the residental homes. Not too far away from my house they leveled an entire neighborhood to make way for the O'Hare expansion. I'm not sure if the city of Gunree is legally able to force people out. http://travel-babel.com/2010/03/29/chicago-neighborhood-wrecked-for-ohares-hoped-for-new-runway/
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby BBH on September 13th, 2013, 6:28 pm
It may not be by far the most popular, but it's still a crowd pleaser and it eats people up like meatloaf.
"Remove this man before I commit an act of violence against him."
-Ron Swanson
BBH

Postby Ilovthevu' on September 13th, 2013, 9:23 pm
In previous years, the target capacity for Superman was 800 which in my opinion is NOT low capacity for a coaster! It might not be as high as Raging Bull, but it's sure better than V2's 610 target capacity, or Iron Wolf's previous target capacity of 630. I don't know what it is now, but to me it just seems like they have been loading faster than they ever have been before.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Viper 88 on September 14th, 2013, 10:54 am
That would be hella awesome but I dont think Gurnee has Eminent Domain. Terrific suggestion though but wont happen it would cost waaaay too much.
Viper 88

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on September 14th, 2013, 11:25 am
Eminent Domain! That's the legal term I was trying to think of, thanks RBrulle! That type of expansion would come with a huge price tag attached, buying the land, work on Washington street (If they got approval for it even) Clearing the old Employee Parking lot and Buildings and rebuilding them, new rides, etc. For the time being, I think Six Flags will continue removing un-popular rides from our park and adding Marketable attractions. If an expansion like that were to ever happen it wouldn't be for a very long time. I'm still hoping for a Dark Ride in Place of the South West Ampithetaer, after seeing the previews for Canada's Wonderland...... Man..... that would be really nice :-)
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby JimPanky on September 14th, 2013, 11:59 am
Government has the power to eminent domain. SFGAm does not have this direct power. I highly doubt Gurnee would use E.D. for SFGAm. The only way SFGAm would get property that homes are on is if they sold voluntarily. I also highly doubt SFGAm would want to do that. The NIMBY's are loud enough as it is.
JimPanky

Postby CoasterNick3157 on September 16th, 2013, 2:00 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:
CoasterNick3157 wrote:In the next 10 years. I expect 1 of the theme areas to be rethemed, Demon gone along with Superman. Amplitheatre gone or made up into something else. More water park expansion.

If the park kept Iron Wolf for 21 years, do you really think that Superman would be gone in 20 years? The only way I see Superman being taken out of the park is if it gets to the point where it's breaking down all the time. It's so hard for me to even get one reride on Superman. Are you kidding me? Superman also has good capacity for it as compared to something like Ragin Cajun.

I get it though. It's probably a ride you don't like, and thus you don't want the park to keep the ride, but as in popularity / long lines it's up there with Raging Bull.

Chill out. Look at the topic and don't question peoples answers, and please SUF lines suck the crew sucks the line barely moves. 1 train op till june for 2 years in a row, and breakdowns. I do like the ride, ask me before you assume I don't like it.
CoasterNick3157

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum