Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

S;UF Theming

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Timmy179 on February 8th, 2003, 7:06 pm
As you may already know sfgam has told us that they will be theming s:uf, unlike shockwaves parking lot theme. What type of theming would u like to see? :mrgreen:
Around the world and back
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby coastrcorey on February 8th, 2003, 8:20 pm
Grass would be nice... and trees... and some Superman queue line themeing...
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on February 8th, 2003, 11:50 pm
... what type of scenery would you like to see? Well not to be sarcastic or mean, but this is a Superman ride so I'm sure we'll see the Six Flags usual. I would though, like to see a very well themed station with maybe a warehouse look. That would be cool.
coasterzak

Postby v10viper488 on February 9th, 2003, 1:01 am
Hey im a new member here, just to let you all know.....I think it would be cool if the theming around the coaster was tall trees so you were like flying through them, or maybe like some fake buildings so you would feel like you were flying through a city.
v10viper488

Postby v10viper488 on February 9th, 2003, 1:03 am
And maybe a pond or stream below the ride.
v10viper488

Postby coasterzak on February 9th, 2003, 12:01 pm
Hello Viper and welcome to the boards! If you ever make a post and want to add something, you don't have to make a new post. Just click on the edit button and you can add to your last post or fix any mistakes. I like your idea about flying through the city! That would be awesome.
coasterzak

Postby coastrcorey on February 9th, 2003, 1:07 pm
lol... coasterzak, you act like a moderator... But anyway, yes, a city-like feeling would be neat, but it won't happen... It'll be grass with trees surrounding the perimeter... I'm sure the usual "Superman" themed trash recepticles will be located outside the entrance also lol...
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on February 9th, 2003, 6:19 pm
I was just helping out so he wouldn't be yelled at and scared away from the boards! lol Yeah, someone helped me out when I first got here (back when it was coasterworld) and I really appreciated their help.
coasterzak

Postby CoasterDude04 on February 9th, 2003, 9:49 pm
I really hope there is some sort of tunnel. Other than that some trees, and maybe a few ground hugging turns, especialy when the track is in the flying position.
"4 seats are better than 2"- CoasterDude04
CoasterDude04

Postby T_Biggs on February 9th, 2003, 10:00 pm
People don't need to have everything they do wrong pointed out. If you see something was done wrong, ignore the fact that it was done wrong. If a moderator deems it to be wrong enough to change, it will be changed. The guy said he was new, he doesn't need to have people nitpicking about his first or second post. Let the guy adjust to being here. We don't need to be like other sites that jump down new member's throats because they don't do things like the rest of us. And anyways, everybody here is new. These boards aren't even two months old!
T_Biggs

Postby coasterzak on February 9th, 2003, 10:45 pm
See that is the reason that I told him very kindly for in the future. I wanted him to know and inform him of the option. I might not have ever noticed if someone hadn't told me when I was new. I wasn't being a jerk, or even really pointing out anything. I was helping the new guy. And I was doing anything but jumping down his throat. See, here's the thing, anymore when you are being a genuine person and helping someone out, you get picked on for being nitpicky... well then, why is there a TOS anyways if this site is different than all the others?
coasterzak

Postby CoasterDave316 on February 9th, 2003, 11:52 pm
Travis, I don't think he was being nitpicky honestly, he was very nice about it and helpful.Now for me to get nitpicky....Get back on topic!....hehe :D
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby greatamerica2003 on February 9th, 2003, 11:59 pm
HEY!!!! This subject WAS about the theming for Superman:UF but it looks like its turned into a nit-pick fest. Some of the mods need to act like mods. If you have a problem like that, then send someone a private message because believe it or not the rest of us DON'T really care for the private conversations.Now that thats settled.............I think we're going to see grass, and trees. But they won't be full grown we'll have to wait. Maybe a short tunnel, and if we're lucky a pond. I wouldn't count on the cool station though.
YOU ARE A FAILURE AT LIFE!
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby coasterinsane on February 10th, 2003, 5:56 pm
hey at least the track is colored to the theme...... where did they get blue and white for shockwave...when i think of a shockwave i think of black yellow and orange..the colors shockwave had are like fairytail land colors...lol "mommy I wanna ride fairytale land"
---------2006---------
Raptor Crew
Wicked Twister Crew
---------2007---------
Maverick Crew
Mantis Crew
Cad Cars Team Lead
coasterinsane

Postby UnBullievable on February 20th, 2003, 12:44 pm
I'm still praying for a replica of the Daily Planet building. Yes, I know this is dreaming.
UnBullievable

Postby greatamerica2003 on February 20th, 2003, 1:19 pm
Who knows? Maybe that building that you waited under will be come the Daily Planet?Then that would throw the theming for the whole area off. It would be cool though.
YOU ARE A FAILURE AT LIFE!
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby linebacker131 on March 2nd, 2003, 11:05 am
i think it will be something big because they built it fast so they will have alot of time to but a bunch of stuff in
linebacker131

Postby coasterzak on March 2nd, 2003, 5:02 pm
I agree. They have plenty of time to put together something very eye catching and impressive around that ride. A little over a month, this ride could be amazing: theming wise. It already does look very intriguing.
coasterzak

Postby whiteygabe1998 on March 4th, 2003, 8:15 am
Good old shockwave parking lot themery best and cheepest no need to mow the grass or trim the trees so some kid dosent break theer foot on a branch lol
whiteygabe1998

Postby Sliced Bread on March 4th, 2003, 3:57 pm
Shockwave lovers... can't live with em... well, thats it, can't live with em. I can't stand stupid people, so I can't live with em.Shockwave is dead and gone and so is its (lack of) theme!
I'm the best thing since... wait! I am sliced bread! I am the best thing!
Sliced Bread

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on March 4th, 2003, 4:44 pm
Sliced Bread, the only one who looks stupid here is you. Yes I'm one of those evil Shock Wave lovers who didn't whine that it was built over a parking lot and proud of it! :D
Nothing to see here....
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby whiteygabe1998 on March 4th, 2003, 5:03 pm
im not saying that they shouldnt of got rid of it i type it as a joke anout them being cheap with no themery but they really couldnt have themery cauyse shockwave isnt a supper hero
whiteygabe1998

Postby SFGAMatt on March 4th, 2003, 6:18 pm
I will be happy even if they just make the S:UF area a big grassy field. I think that would really add to the feeling of flying. Does anyone know if they have torn down Shockwave's queue area? I think it would suck if they used the same queue line.
The new coaster at SFGam is going to be SUPER, man.
SFGAMatt

Postby coasterguy on March 4th, 2003, 6:28 pm
i dont know? It would be nice to see some recent construction pics though
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby SfgamFreak03 on March 4th, 2003, 7:52 pm
With the weather today I dont see much construction happening for the rest of the week.
Have another TAB fatty!
SfgamFreak03

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum