Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

CHANG WATCH: The Official Topic

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby sccard01 on July 3rd, 2010, 9:59 pm
david wrote:Wasn't that case dropped during bankruptcy court? If not, they should drop it. They have no proof that Bonzai Beach was faked. They had ads up for it, and they even had 2010 season brochures.

No it wasn't drop! This case is separte from the bankrupcy case but its being ruled in bankrupcy court! Sharpio Said that Six Flags is leaving all the rides at Kentucky Kingdom in March, the KFEC said last month that nothing has been settle yet!

Six Flags did not have any ads up for Bonzai Beach! It was all made by us employees in the park. We all made the brochures and we sent them all out! not Six Flags! us. It like we thought it was going to happen but we all knew that the park wasn't or their was no way the park could surrive without Chang in 2k10.
sccard01

Postby david on July 3rd, 2010, 10:25 pm
You all knew that the park was closing? Did you?
david

Postby sccard01 on July 3rd, 2010, 10:32 pm
No! None of us knew the park was actually closing we just didn't think the park would surrive since chang was taken out! When febuary 4th came at about 6:00pm it shock'd us all! not even the park's president Andy knew nothing about the closing! We all found out about the closing from the news.
sccard01

Postby Goku1910 on July 3rd, 2010, 11:02 pm
sccard01 wrote:
david wrote:Wasn't that case dropped during bankruptcy court? If not, they should drop it. They have no proof that Bonzai Beach was faked. They had ads up for it, and they even had 2010 season brochures.

No it wasn't drop! This case is separte from the bankrupcy case but its being ruled in bankrupcy court! Sharpio Said that Six Flags is leaving all the rides at Kentucky Kingdom in March, the KFEC said last month that nothing has been settle yet!

Six Flags did not have any ads up for Bonzai Beach! It was all made by us employees in the park. We all made the brochures and we sent them all out! not Six Flags! us. It like we thought it was going to happen but we all knew that the park wasn't or their was no way the park could surrive without Chang in 2k10.

If you were to use anymore exclamation points, I might just facepalm.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby onyxhotel08 on July 3rd, 2010, 11:32 pm
sorry but no there was no ruling yet on chang that said it goes back or you pay up. it was not on the news anywhere. ^ :lol:
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby david on July 3rd, 2010, 11:41 pm
But dey no nothin' bout how the pak was closin! not! even! noone!
david

Postby sccard01 on July 3rd, 2010, 11:58 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:sorry but no there was no ruling yet on chang that said it goes back or you pay up. it was not on the news anywhere. ^ :lol:

omg, the case or suit is going on now, and yes it was on the news sometime in May or April here in Louisville! You all don't know whats going on, I mean... you all who don't live in Kentucky or the Louisville Metro area. News about the park or legal situations wont be talked about were you all live everytime something pops up unlike the louisville area. Many people don't even know that SFKK is even closed from around the country besides us coaster fanactics!

David, a week or 2 before the closing we had a rehire party, everyone was filled with joy and excited about the 2010 season. To us all its like Kentucky Kingdom may have had the Six Flags name, and they may had operated the park, but to many of us it seems like we ruled the park on our own! if we were told to do something by Six Flags we had to do it! Like Chang being taken out.

Do any of you remember when shariprio said he didn't like the fact that chang didn't have a theme? why didn't they rename it the riddlers revenge?
sccard01

Postby david on July 4th, 2010, 12:03 am
Because it was just repainted a few years ago and didn't need a new paint coat. :roll:
david

Postby onyxhotel08 on July 4th, 2010, 12:11 am
Wrong again. Most stories I heard where straight from Louisville/Kentucky news stations and though they did say what happened with Chang was one way or another misleading, they never actually said the board WAS suing SF for money or Chang. Chang was on Six Flags property and Six Flags paid taxes on it. You only pay taxes on something you have some form of ownership.
onyxhotel08

Postby david on July 4th, 2010, 12:13 am
Speaking of Scream! isn't it possible to cover the lot with soil and plant grass? Sure it would require some downtime, but that could easily be done during the off-season. And by off-season I mean January-February.

EDIT: I look like a dork because BP/19 deleted his post. :lol:
david

Postby sccard01 on July 4th, 2010, 12:15 am
No... in 1998 or 1999 when the park became Six Flags, The ride was repainted Electic lime green and purple by Six Flags and the ride was supposed to be renamed to The Riddlers Revenge! Six Flags just didn't bother to theme the ride or give the ride that new name!
sccard01

Postby david on July 4th, 2010, 12:18 am
You seem to hate Six Flags JUST because they left Kentucky Kingdom. Without Six Flags, KK would probably be a Costco by now. :roll:
david

Postby onyxhotel08 on July 4th, 2010, 12:19 am
david wrote:Speaking of Scream! isn't it possible to cover the lot with soil and plant grass? Sure it would require some downtime, but that could easily be done during the off-season. And by off-season I mean January-February.

EDIT: I look like a dork because BP/19 deleted his post. :lol:

To make it look like our Superman? which looks very good compared to Shockwave. Yeah, I guess they don't think it needs to get done.
onyxhotel08

Postby sccard01 on July 4th, 2010, 12:28 am
onyxhotel08 wrote:Wrong again. Most stories I heard where straight from Louisville/Kentucky news stations and though they did say what happened with Chang was one way or another misleading, they never actually said the board WAS suing SF for money or Chang. Chang was on Six Flags property and Six Flags paid taxes on it. You only pay taxes on something you have some form of ownership.

You heard? Are you from here? real talkk. Alot of stuff shown here on t.v. is not online or whatever.

Most of Chang was on Six Flags property but it was also on the KFEC. If the ride was owned by Six Flags why would they request to remove this ride by the KFEC?

To me... Ride taxes are paid off by park revenues anyways not the company.

I'm don't hate Six Flags leaving Kentucky Kingdom david, I'm much happier that Ed Hart has taking over! I waited a long time for this. I'm just agravated by the lies and many things im finding out month by month about Six Flags.
sccard01

Postby david on July 4th, 2010, 12:36 am
You worked at the park. You would have known the majority of any 'secrets'.
david

Postby onyxhotel08 on July 4th, 2010, 12:46 am
sccard01 wrote:
onyxhotel08 wrote:Wrong again. Most stories I heard where straight from Louisville/Kentucky news stations and though they did say what happened with Chang was one way or another misleading, they never actually said the board WAS suing SF for money or Chang. Chang was on Six Flags property and Six Flags paid taxes on it. You only pay taxes on something you have some form of ownership.

You heard? Are you from here? real talkk. Alot of stuff shown here on t.v. is not online or whatever.

Most of Chang was on Six Flags property but it was also on the KFEC. If the ride was owned by Six Flags why would they request to remove this ride by the KFEC?

To me... Ride taxes are paid off by park revenues anyways not the company.

I'm don't hate Six Flags leaving Kentucky Kingdom david, I'm much happier that Ed Hart has taking over! I waited a long time for this. I'm just agravated by the lies and many things im finding out month by month about Six Flags.

Six Flags made very little money on Kentucky Kingdom. That is why it was stupid to keep operating it. And show me ONE report that says the board told Six Flags: Pay for Bonazi Beach or bring back Chang. ONE.
onyxhotel08

Postby sccard01 on July 4th, 2010, 12:54 am
No one knew about the removal of Chang until the last weekend the park operated or the last day. We knew no secrets at this park because it seems nothing was ever happening while being a Six Flags Park. We did find out about deluge in 2007 before the public.

onyxhotel08 wrote:Six Flags made very little money on Kentucky Kingdom. That is why it was stupid to keep operating it. And show me ONE report that says the board told Six Flags: Pay for Bonazi Beach or bring back Chang. ONE.

I never said the KFEC said that, I said the KFEC wants Chang back, or the KFEC want Six Flags to pay the cost of the coaster or fee for the ride instead of taking the ride out and trying to be slick!

They should of sold the park than to Ed Hart instead of operating it when he was seeking to buy it in 2008.
sccard01

Postby onyxhotel08 on July 4th, 2010, 1:15 am
OK. But like I said Six Flags more than likely has paid for BB by now. That is why everything is quite now.
onyxhotel08

Postby shockwave guy mark on July 4th, 2010, 1:16 am
acquaz10 wrote:
[jonrev] wrote:David, please stop feeding the trolls.

acquaz10, give us positive proof Chang is headed to Jersey... a site plan... secret recording... TRACK... something you didn't hear from Screamscape or the LemonChill vendor. This being a SFGAm forum, obviously everyone will be biased towards it headed here, so nobody is going to take you seriously until you do...

Six Flags... make up your damn mind so we can move on... this whole Chang thing has just shown me how ridiculous some ACErs really are.

I'm not a troll and I'm not an ACEr. If I do show you my proof I get in trouble and my source gets in trouble and you guys are still pissed off. Its not a supervisor or anyone related to the park in that way. Well he is, since its his homepark but thats it. I can't say much more.

ANYWAYS... Its still very hard to say what is going to happen at Chang at this point. I know for sure as someone posted earlier this ride WONT go back to KK. Six Flags had the majority of the ride on their land so its pretty much as simple as that-its six flag's coaster they have all rights to it.
http://www.youtube.com/xKonsentox
shockwave guy mark

Postby monsterfan99 on July 4th, 2010, 1:19 am
So, about that Chang coaster...
monsterfan99

Postby traincrossing9 on July 4th, 2010, 1:26 am
Can we please stop arguing? Speculation is one thing, but when it's constant bashing about Chang, Great Adventure, Kentucky Kingdom, or Great America, it makes everyone here look like idiots. Now is probably a good time to mention not spamming Great America's Facebook page with these rumors as well. Just be respectful on the forums and have a nice discussion.
13 - GateKeeper
14 - Millennium Force
15 - Enchanted Tales with Belle
traincrossing9

Postby BrianPlencner on July 4th, 2010, 8:03 am
All:

I, as most people on here, are getting a bit tired of reading all of the posts about Chang going to SF Great Adventure, with really no solid "proof" to prove what they have to say. So, I have a request of all of the "SFGADV Fanboys". We (the regular members of this site) have been asking for positive proof, and so far, none has been given.

Let me give you a suggestion on how you could get that.

But, before I do, a little background...

When Great America opened in 1976, the Village of Gurnee (here's the webpage ---> http://www.gurnee.il.us/) put in a conditional use permit with the park that requires the park to acquire a height variance anytime ANY structure is built that exceeds a height of 125 feet. Along with that, Great America is not allowed to build anything taller then the Sky Treck Tower, which is 303 feet at the top of the flagpole.

I did a google search, and came up with the web page for the township of Jackson, NJ.

http://www.jacksontwpnj.net/

I'm not familiar with the local laws for Jackson, NJ, but I'm thinking that they must have some kind of process in place that the park must present changes to, and get approval for, before building a new ride or structure. Even if its not a height variance request, building permits must be obtained by SFGAdv from someone before ANY type of work (building new, or removal of) can begin.

So, if SFGAdv is removing GASm, then there should be something on file with the village of Jackson, NJ for that work. There should be contracts out there with some kind of construction company for that job. There should also be permits in place (or in the works) for the building of Chang for 2011. Also, depending on the local laws and any other conditional use permits that Jackson has with the park, the village of Jackson may also require the park to go in front of the Township board to request they build the ride.

In the case of the Village of Gurnee, and SFGAm, such regulations and process exist. The park DID go in front of the zoning board of appeals on May 26, 2010. A webpage on the Village of Gurnee webpage (HERE's PROOF!!!) of the agenda is at the link below (See item #4)

http://www.gurnee.il.us/zoning_board/zb ... 0_zba.html

That is the kind of proof that myself (and I will go out and say most other regular members on this site) would love to see coming from Jackson Township on this whole GASm removal and Chang for 2011.

Now again, I did say I do not know, or pretend to know, the laws of Jackson NJ. Such laws may not exist, and SFGADv may be able to build whatever they want no matter how high (so, things like height variance requests may not even exist). Again, I did not search to see what was required by SFGAdv to install Kinga Ka. However, I would think that building permits of some kind would have been required. That is public information that you should be able to get (either on-line, or in person at the Township offices).

So SFGADv folks....you got some research to do.

--Brian
BrianPlencner

Postby Cole on July 4th, 2010, 8:53 am
*Applaud*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Top 5: 1) El Toro. 2) Maverick. 3) Millenium Force. 4) Diamondback. 5) X2.
Coaster Count: 167 (41 Wood, 125 Steel)
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby bizarroboy on July 4th, 2010, 9:20 am
Very very well done!
bizarroboy

Postby david on July 4th, 2010, 9:29 am
:cry: We need more posers like you Brian. :'(
david

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum