Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wish List

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Wisco Woody on September 27th, 2016, 11:41 pm
I've also ridden Diamondback and Apollo's Chariot, and there is no contest. Their trim brakes do not kill all the airtime and are not overpowered, while the Bull is absolutely weak in comparison and its overpowered MCBR and clearly post-design installed airtimeless hill trim brake not only kills all airtime but also prevents any good g force in the pullout and 2nd hammerhead turn.
Wisco Woody

Postby gottastrata33 on September 28th, 2016, 12:30 am
I've been talking about that SkyScreamer name for years lol! My signature on here literally says I dream of the Great American SkyScreamer. ;) It fits perfectly.
Last edited by gottastrata33 on September 29th, 2016, 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
gottastrata33

Postby RollingCoasting on September 28th, 2016, 12:41 am
Sorry, forgot to give you credit. The one I came up with was "Fairground Flyers"
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on September 28th, 2016, 2:42 am
Oh no, its not about credit, ;) I've just been saying it for so long cause it's an obvious clever easy choice to me! it's such a common sense name, I don't know whhyyyyy they wouldn't choose it.

As for the coaster talk - no no no to that failure of launch coaster, Ring Racer. That was supposed to be as mentioned, the worlds fastest roller coaster in 2009. That accident was intense. I'd much rather have a far more interesting layout & as mentioned again, a new coaster. I'd LOVE the worlds fastest to come here or even a ride breaking 110mph. It doesn't need to even be tall. We could have a more narrow version of Formula Rossa - that ride is far too drawn out haha.

To be honest, an easy record would be the fastest & finally give our boy Barry some love by naming it after the fastest man in the world - the Flash. This is a wish thread, I can imagine some crazy stuff Ok?! ;D
gottastrata33

Postby Wisco Woody on September 28th, 2016, 9:47 am
We are never getting the world's fastest coaster or anything close, a 150 mph coaster would cost 30 to 40 million $, more than the entire coaster budget for all of Six Flags in one year. That being said, it does seem a launched coaster is on the horizon for 2020/2021, but if it isn't a 90+ mph launch then it will be, in my mind, a disappointment as it will not fill the most glaring hole in the Park's lineup.
Wisco Woody

Postby stergmi on September 28th, 2016, 11:41 am
Wisco Woody wrote:I've also ridden Diamondback and Apollo's Chariot, and there is no contest. Their trim brakes do not kill all the airtime and are not overpowered, while the Bull is absolutely weak in comparison and its overpowered MCBR and clearly post-design installed airtimeless hill trim brake not only kills all airtime but also prevents any good g force in the pullout and 2nd hammerhead turn.

Bull is a twister design though and not the out & back with airtime like Diamondback.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby Wisco Woody on September 28th, 2016, 11:58 am
Face the facts, Raging Bulls**t is the weakest and worst of all the B&M hypers, and one of the worst hyper coasters in general. Not only does every other B&M hyper provide plenty of actual airtime to every seat, but most also give better positive G force thanks to not having overpowered trim brakes. Diamondback especially is better in every single way than Raging Bulls**t.
Wisco Woody

Postby JaminOut on September 28th, 2016, 12:09 pm
^Chill out man, I'm beginning to think you're the love child of bbd and Shoup...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby stergmi on September 28th, 2016, 12:11 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:Face the facts, Raging Bulls**t is the weakest and worst of all the B&M hypers, and one of the worst hyper coasters in general. Not only does every other B&M hyper provide plenty of actual airtime to every seat, but most also give better positive G force thanks to not having overpowered trim brakes. Diamondback especially is better in every single way than Raging Bulls**t.

It's definitely better at giving me a concussion because the * train shakes so badly during the entire ride

stergmi

Postby stergmi on September 28th, 2016, 12:14 pm
D-Back is also great at having seat belts too and eliminating any ejector airtime too

stergmi

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 28th, 2016, 12:44 pm
Viper 88 wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:I'd honestly replace Condor with a Sky Screamer. It does everything condor does, but better. Taller, faster, less obstructive, farther views, a bit more intense, just to name a few reasons.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

I'd love a Sky Screamer at our park! But bring down STT to build it and leave Condor in place.

Thanks, but no thanks leave STT alone we have lost enough Marriott era rides. We have other places to put it.

Here's another possibility: take down Giant Drop and put the Sky Screamer there! The capacity of GD is not very good and ridership is down I believe, plus frequently one or more gondola's aren't operating. THe new ride can be called Southwest Whirlwind!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 28th, 2016, 12:53 pm
Or, ya know, put it in an open space...

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Jodon on September 28th, 2016, 12:56 pm
I've been on 3 B&M Hypers (RB, Diamondback, and Nitro) and RB has in my opinion the two best singular airtime moments of all three in the first drop and the drop leaving the MCBR. Maybe I just got underwhelming rides on Diamondback and Nitro, but I will take RB's first drop in the back row over those two rides any day.
Jodon

Postby great america fan on September 28th, 2016, 2:02 pm
how about we tear out raging bull, eagle, and viper and build the world's tallest, fastest, and longest roller coaster. a 500 foot tall togo stand up inverted wooden coaster that goes 150 miles an hour. where the entire ride is just corkscrews. the name could be giant wood
great america fan

Postby Wisco Woody on September 28th, 2016, 2:46 pm
You should always loosen the seat belt all the way as there is nothing to fear, and that way you get the maximum unrestricted airtime. True RB's first drop amounts to an ejector airtime double down in the back 2 rows, but outside of the last 2 rows and some floater air in the front row, RB absolutely sucks as a hyper coaster. Diamondback and Nitro, extremely similar rides, both provide excellent airtime to every seat AND better G force than RB. Diamondback in the back row side seats with the seat belt fully loosened is nearly on the level of Millennium Force front or back row in terms of high speed thrill and fun, and DB is unmatched in the amount of airtime by any steel coaster I've ridden.
Wisco Woody

Postby RollingCoasting on September 28th, 2016, 3:09 pm
^^Or add non-bicycle seat stand-up trains to Raging Bull for a season (I'm half joking, but imagine how sweet the drop would be standing up)
RollingCoasting

Postby ilrider on September 28th, 2016, 3:54 pm
stergmi wrote:D-Back is also great at having seat belts too and eliminating any ejector airtime too

D-Back is all floater air anyway, so it would not really matter. I swore I rode it without seatbelts the first time, back in 2010.
ilrider

Postby great america fan on September 28th, 2016, 7:22 pm
I know this this will probably never happen but I want a main street expansion similar to great adventure's built into the parking lot. I did a rough sketch above the black would be the new building the blue is the new entrance, plus the area to the right in red could be a new coaster.
great america fan

Postby gottastrata33 on September 29th, 2016, 2:57 am
Alright, alright. I just like anyone on here can go into bizarre or crazy ideas. Just like the fastest coaster idea. It's a wish list thread. What this is not, is a hatred thread. Raging Bull isn't that bad. Sit in the damn back for a great ride on every turn & drop. It's fxxking fun. It may not be as intense as you want it to be but stop tearing the damn thing apart so hard.

Since we're rackin up what B&M big boys we've been on - I've been on Raging Bull, Intimidator, Diamondback, Apollos Chariot, Leviathan, Fury325, Behemoth & Nitro. out of just the 8 I've experienced & oddly enough, out the 14 the company has built - not one of them is anything like Raging Bull. It does deliver. Does it deliver like Levi or Fury? Do I even have to say no?! But those two are also radically different from the others being in the giga range. I don't get the hatred on Bull when it's a 17yr old ride that still devours crowds every damn day he runs. It has a trim brake. Get the hell over it. It doesn't murder the ride. You are acting as if you hit the trim & you suddenly land on Spacelys track just meandering around a 15mph journey.
gottastrata33

Postby maxwellt on September 29th, 2016, 7:11 am
Did u guys see the new black pleasure beach coaster. That's what I want at sfgam. Maybe a bit taller and faster (60mph instead of 50, 110ft instead of 85ish feet) it looks like a new cheedah hunt, multi launch, full circuit and its a mack rides coaster. It looks awesome, and if that came to our park, it would be the #3 at the park easily

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby gottastrata33 on September 29th, 2016, 8:54 am
Yeah, I saw it lastnight. Looks pretty great. It's actually quite a big coaster that's gonna interact with so much already there & that's what BPB is good at.
gottastrata33

Postby Tardis1972 on September 29th, 2016, 9:51 am
I too saw that and it does look amazing. You have to say Mack is really stepping it up lately. I just wish the US would build these launch coasters. So I really hope we see a Mack over a Premier now. Also
for anyone wanting that full circuit launch coaster Liseberg is removing their Intamin Accelerator Coaster (Kanonen) in 2017 to build a Dive Coaster for 2018. But we all know there's no chance of it relocating here or to any SF parks and it shouldn't.
Tardis1972

Postby Wisco Woody on September 29th, 2016, 10:51 am
Yeah Kanonen is short but fast paced for a 45-50 mph coaster. I do hope that when they do pull the trigger on the launched coaster, they use the space of Pictorium and possibly Whizzer for a 90+ mph Mack or Intamin, unlikely, so that it sucks up the GP. Give the common peasant folk their glorious speed machine at the front of the park, so that I can enjoy the G force machines elsewhere.
Wisco Woody

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 29th, 2016, 11:55 am
JaminOut wrote:^You don't have to be a jerk... Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMEN!! Let's keep it civil.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 29th, 2016, 11:56 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Or, ya know, put it in an open space...

Of course, that's the best option!

CoasterRiderSC

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum