Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2017

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 7th, 2016, 8:46 pm
It's true. Orbit will not open tomorrow, or any time after.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on August 7th, 2016, 8:51 pm
:cry:
Last edited by RollingCoasting on April 15th, 2018, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RollingCoasting

Postby anewman35 on August 7th, 2016, 9:01 pm
Yes, it would have been nice to get some notice (and I hope that when we find out what's going on that there actually was a reason to close it now), but come on, it is just the Orbit. The vast majority of people would not have cared about "one last ride" on the Orbit.
anewman35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 7th, 2016, 9:21 pm
I really hope that they put something in RC spot. It was the star attraction of Mardi Gras. Now it's an eyesore. If they do keep the facade, it'd be cool to make a Gotham apartment building themed ride with the characters (the penguin, cat woman etc,) on the balcony. Well, I guess it wouldn't fit Mardi Gras.. Heck, they don't bother matching a rides theme to the area anyways.
Last edited by SFGAM_Hog on August 7th, 2016, 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby maxwellt on August 7th, 2016, 9:21 pm
My dad is happy its leaving. He went to the park in the 80s and barfed after it [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]. He hasn't ridden a coaster after that incident...but seriously, its orbit. A new zamperla one would solve it all. And even if zamperla didn't come in, no skin off my back

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 7th, 2016, 9:29 pm
I'm semi-gutted. It is a stupid decision to close a popular ride on the last day of Read to Suckceed, and the PR team is stupid by not making an announcement, but yeah, it's an aged flat. It's time is up.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby staticshadows on August 7th, 2016, 9:31 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 7th, 2016, 9:32 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:I'm semi-gutted. It is a stupid decision to close a popular ride on the last day of Read to Suckceed, and the PR team is stupid by not making an announcement, but yeah, it's an aged flat. It's time is up.

Only got on it twice. Everytime I try to get on it, it is closed. Maybe that's why they're closing it? Due to mechanical problems..?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby jmanporty7 on August 7th, 2016, 9:46 pm
Did Jester close too? I know for sure Orbit's time is up and River Crawler is moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby RollingCoasting on August 7th, 2016, 9:47 pm
RIP
Last edited by RollingCoasting on April 15th, 2018, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RollingCoasting

Postby anewman35 on August 7th, 2016, 9:51 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Words cannot describe how upset I am. I think this is affecting me more than anyone else of SFGAmWorld.

It may have just been an old flat, but it's still a ride at the park. I wish I could just ride it one more time tomorrow. I'd even ride Demon if it meant Orbit could stay open.

No offense, but didn't you say you were actually there today and left because the parking lot was too full? If it was THAT big a deal, why didn't you just drive around until somebody left?
anewman35

Postby RollingCoasting on August 7th, 2016, 9:54 pm
None taken, my mom drove me and my older sister to the park. It was literally 90% full, I had NEVER seen it this full before. I don't think they knew Orbit was closing. If it was just me, I would've stayed and marathoned the sh*t out of it all night.
RollingCoasting

Postby Goku1910 on August 7th, 2016, 9:54 pm
Or at least ride Orbit before leaving. My sister was there and she said the flat ride lines weren't even that bad. I feel like you're making excuses just for the sake of it.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby RollingCoasting on August 7th, 2016, 9:56 pm
Like I said, we didn't actually go in the park. It looked like a huge line to get in (Around 2:15) and a bunch of people were still coming in.
RollingCoasting

Postby jmanporty7 on August 7th, 2016, 10:10 pm
Oh argue-mentors can anyone answer my freaking question!?

jmanporty7

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on August 7th, 2016, 10:11 pm
It'll be sad to see Orbit leave... IF it's actually leaving and not being relocated to another area in the park! For all we know, that plot of land that Orbit sits on, may be used for a Sky Screamer and orbit might be relocated elsewhere in the park! It just doesn't make sense, why they would do all those upgrades to Orbit, to get rid of it. But who knows! We'll find out soon enough!
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby Goku1910 on August 7th, 2016, 10:11 pm
People care about Jester's? :lol:
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 7th, 2016, 10:11 pm
I don't know honestly.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on August 7th, 2016, 10:14 pm
K
Last edited by RollingCoasting on April 15th, 2018, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RollingCoasting

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on August 7th, 2016, 10:16 pm
I was never a big fan of Jesters Wild Ride. They should just donate that thing to the chuck e cheese down the street..... It would make a much better fit there, lol
Last edited by SFGAMNUT9302 on August 7th, 2016, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby JaminOut on August 7th, 2016, 10:16 pm
anewman35 wrote:
JaminOut wrote:Did anyone ask for an explanation? If they were at orientation, they know what is coming to the park in 2017.

I think this is twice now you've said this. Care to elaborate at all? Do YOU know what is coming in 2017? If any employee who was at orientation knows what's coming in 2017, how has it not leaked yet?

I can not say I DO know what is coming to the park, what I can say is I DON'T what is coming to the park. I can also I know what's NOT coming to the park.
Employees are threatened with disbandment if they speak of what will be added to the park the following year. I have a friend who worked at the park last year and told me (after the announcement) they told everyone about Justice League before the end of last June. If you can get the news out of an employee, you'll know they aren't pulling it out of their a$$.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Goku1910 on August 7th, 2016, 10:28 pm
JaminOut wrote:what I can say is I DON'T what is coming to the park.

You lost me. Is that supposed to be "want"?
Goku1910

Postby anewman35 on August 7th, 2016, 10:38 pm
There are tons of employees, many of them not making very much money, and in this day and age it would be very easy for one of those employees to anonymously leak the information. Here, I'll tell any employees how to do it: go to a public library. Use a guest computer (depending on the library, might not even need to give your name or library card number). Sign up for a new Gmail account under a fake name. Then post something here or e-mail Screamscape or something. If every employee knows, how could they possibly trace that back to anybody?

Or maybe people don't actually know and anybody who says they know or (after the fact) knew is just full of shit. I'll buy that upper management knows and would be afraid of losing jobs, but low-level people? I just don't buy it.
anewman35

Postby JaminOut on August 7th, 2016, 10:45 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
JaminOut wrote:what I can say is I DON'T what is coming to the park.

You lost me. Is that supposed to be "want"?

Forgive me, that should have said "...DON'T know what is..."

Maybe the current staff members at Great America aren't enthusiasts like us. If there were, and they thought it was big enough to leak, we may have already known what was coming by now.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby jmanporty7 on August 7th, 2016, 10:46 pm
I'm only wondering about Jesters just to make speculations for 2017.

jmanporty7

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum