SFGAmWorld.com
Untitled Document
Park Information
New for 2018
Ride Status
Park Information
Latest News
Park Hours
Park Pricing
Park Map
Accomadations
Current Weather
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Muck Finnesota on September 14th, 2018, 9:49 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Maxx Force coming to Six Flags Great America in 2019!


Image

Image



Also confirmed: Removal of trim on Raging Bull's camelback hill.

*ducks*

:D
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

User avatar
 
Posts: 336
Joined: August 9th, 2011, 9:16 am

Share On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Postby chicagoperson on September 18th, 2018, 10:57 pm
Muck Finnesota wrote:
RollingCoasting wrote:Maxx Force coming to Six Flags Great America in 2019!


Image

Image



Also confirmed: Removal of trim on Raging Bull's camelback hill.

*ducks*

:D

If those would be removed i'd say Bull isn't the worst BMW hyper. I only got to experience once or twice but it was miles better without them.
1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Millennium Force 5. The Beast
chicagoperson

 
Posts: 22
Joined: March 23rd, 2014, 10:41 pm
Location: Chicago IL

Postby gottastrata33 on September 22nd, 2018, 1:17 pm
Anyone know what this is??

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 1760
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Carol Stream, IL.

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on September 24th, 2018, 5:26 pm
I don't think that's for Maxx Force. I think that is for Holiday In The Park if I'm right, you know where they put the Christmas Trees on.
Lightning Rod is finally open! Oh wait it closed.

Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Mako 5. Boulder Dash 6. Nitro 7. Goliath SFGAM 8. Iron Rattler 9. Medusa Steel Coaster 10. Superman The Ride
_FuryBull_330_

User avatar
 
Posts: 281
Joined: April 12th, 2018, 4:06 pm
Location: Wherever there's roller coasters.

Postby JT2002 on September 26th, 2018, 10:27 pm
Random Note: I find it funny that the Fright Fest guide map still has Pictorium's building on it, even though it says Maxx Force over it.
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my park get a RMC Trex, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will double post on this forum.
JT2002

User avatar
 
Posts: 76
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Location: Gurnee, IL

Postby anewman35 on September 28th, 2018, 7:33 am
JT2002 wrote:Random Note: I find it funny that the Fright Fest guide map still has Pictorium's building on it, even though it says Maxx Force over it.


Yeah, I also was amused by that. Just another of Six Flags being cheap/lazy and not wanting to bother to fix the map...
anewman35

 
Posts: 1103
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Postby ChicagoCoasters on September 28th, 2018, 11:59 pm
anewman35 wrote:
JT2002 wrote:Random Note: I find it funny that the Fright Fest guide map still has Pictorium's building on it, even though it says Maxx Force over it.


Yeah, I also was amused by that. Just another of Six Flags being cheap/lazy and not wanting to bother to fix the map...


Maybe they will even have the Pictorium building on the 2019 normal map next year.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

 
Posts: 100
Joined: December 7th, 2017, 9:12 pm

Postby SaveTheWAVE on October 1st, 2018, 10:33 am
^ Yeah, they’ll call it IMAXX.
SaveTheWAVE

User avatar
 
Posts: 68
Joined: June 23rd, 2018, 11:10 pm

Postby AirTimeDaz on October 4th, 2018, 12:25 pm
I saw this commercial on tv and couldn't stop laughing :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBiYM9gHm6U
AirTimeDaz

User avatar
 
Posts: 175
Joined: August 22nd, 2013, 8:12 pm

Postby ChicagoCoasters on October 4th, 2018, 11:49 pm
There are holes in the ground for footers for Maxx Force. You can see them while on Whizzer. There are also what look to be rebar cages near the construction trailer that is near Whizzer's break run. Unfortunately, I was not able to get any good pics so you guys will have to trust me on this.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

 
Posts: 100
Joined: December 7th, 2017, 9:12 pm

Postby B&MGuy35 on October 6th, 2018, 1:26 pm
Jiggidy has posted some construction pics from the park today. Gottastratta looked like those things you asked about are for the ride. Maybe the footers from the looks of it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

User avatar
 
Posts: 484
Joined: January 11th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Postby ernstwhere on October 8th, 2018, 2:46 pm
AirTimeDaz wrote:I saw this commercial on tv and couldn't stop laughing :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBiYM9gHm6U


On the name survey, before the coaster was announced, I actually commented that 'Maxx Force' sounded like an energy drink or a cleaning product. Ha!
ernstwhere

 
Posts: 13
Joined: August 22nd, 2016, 11:52 pm

Postby AirTimeDaz on October 10th, 2018, 10:33 am
let's just hope our maxx force also gets the tough stains out! :lol:
AirTimeDaz

User avatar
 
Posts: 175
Joined: August 22nd, 2013, 8:12 pm

Postby CoasterCale on October 10th, 2018, 8:43 pm
Maxx Force looks to be a great addition and I can't wait to come back to ride it next season. I see it being as popular as Goliath during its first one and a half seasons but then people realize its rather short. For whatever reason most just want a good wait to ride time ratio. With that being said Raging Bull is still very popular.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

User avatar
 
Posts: 646
Joined: November 21st, 2013, 6:22 pm
Location: Edgewater, Northside Chicago

Postby jmanporty7 on October 11th, 2018, 8:35 am
CoasterCale wrote:Maxx Force looks to be a great addition and I can't wait to come back to ride it next season. I see it being as popular as Goliath during its first one and a half seasons but then people realize its rather short. For whatever reason most just want a good wait to ride time ratio. With that being said Raging Bull is still very popular.


Which is the exact reason why Raging Bull is still my favorite ride here
jmanporty7

User avatar
 
Posts: 227
Joined: June 4th, 2014, 3:23 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Postby ChicagoCoasters on October 11th, 2018, 3:31 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Jiggidy has posted some construction pics from the park today. Gottastratta looked like those things you asked about are for the ride. Maybe the footers from the looks of it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those cages for the footers were the things in was talking about. They are underneath Whizzer's break run just like I said.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

 
Posts: 100
Joined: December 7th, 2017, 9:12 pm

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 12th, 2018, 2:19 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:
CoasterCale wrote:Maxx Force looks to be a great addition and I can't wait to come back to ride it next season. I see it being as popular as Goliath during its first one and a half seasons but then people realize its rather short. For whatever reason most just want a good wait to ride time ratio. With that being said Raging Bull is still very popular.


Which is the exact reason why Raging Bull is still my favorite ride here


But it has the trim brake that "ruins" the ride according to most on here! LOL

Raging Bull is close 2nd for me (behind X-Flight)
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 674
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby jmanporty7 on October 12th, 2018, 2:34 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:
CoasterCale wrote:Maxx Force looks to be a great addition and I can't wait to come back to ride it next season. I see it being as popular as Goliath during its first one and a half seasons but then people realize its rather short. For whatever reason most just want a good wait to ride time ratio. With that being said Raging Bull is still very popular.


Which is the exact reason why Raging Bull is still my favorite ride here


But it has the trim brake that "ruins" the ride according to most on here! LOL

Raging Bull is close 2nd for me (behind X-Flight)


While the trim is a tad annoying, it does not ruin the ride experience at all. It’s still a great ride in my opinion!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

User avatar
 
Posts: 227
Joined: June 4th, 2014, 3:23 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Postby JT2002 on October 15th, 2018, 10:51 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:Jiggidy has posted some construction pics from the park today. Gottastratta looked like those things you asked about are for the ride. Maybe the footers from the looks of it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a video of the footers from Jiggidyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KKRsgF6IbI
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my park get a RMC Trex, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will double post on this forum.
JT2002

User avatar
 
Posts: 76
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Location: Gurnee, IL

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on October 17th, 2018, 5:43 pm
The ride is already starting to prepare to take shape nice, if only some other Six Flags parks started construction that fast already.
Lightning Rod is finally open! Oh wait it closed.

Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Mako 5. Boulder Dash 6. Nitro 7. Goliath SFGAM 8. Iron Rattler 9. Medusa Steel Coaster 10. Superman The Ride
_FuryBull_330_

User avatar
 
Posts: 281
Joined: April 12th, 2018, 4:06 pm
Location: Wherever there's roller coasters.

Postby Airboss on October 21st, 2018, 9:31 am
I took a photo of the construction site for Maxx Force this past Friday and photoshopped in an image from my NL2 recreation of Maxx Force. I think the ride will look fantastic!


Image
Airboss

 
Posts: 5
Joined: July 11th, 2018, 6:43 pm

Postby jmanporty7 on October 21st, 2018, 11:48 pm
Airboss wrote:I took a photo of the construction site for Maxx Force this past Friday and photoshopped in an image from my NL2 recreation of Maxx Force. I think the ride will look fantastic!


Image


Wow nice job!
jmanporty7

User avatar
 
Posts: 227
Joined: June 4th, 2014, 3:23 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Postby JackGlass on October 24th, 2018, 9:48 am
Quick question... since 2012.... has Six Flags purchased any Roller Coaster manufactured overseas? B&M, Premier, RMC, and S&S are all Manufactured in the United States and it seems that those Domestic manufacturers are the only ones that Six Flags works with anymore. Possibly to save on shipping costs, tariffs, etc.
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 200
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby JT2002 on October 24th, 2018, 10:21 am
Forgot to post this yesterday, but as I was driving by the backside of the park, I saw there was a semi-truck going into the Washington street entrance that had a ton of sheet metal rolled up in tubes. I was thinking that they might be for the foundation for Maxx Force's footers, but then again they could be for anything. Sorry that I couldn't get any pictures though.
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my park get a RMC Trex, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will double post on this forum.
JT2002

User avatar
 
Posts: 76
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Location: Gurnee, IL

Postby JT2002 on October 24th, 2018, 8:48 pm
I did find however some images of some stuff coming out of S&S's factory: Image
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my park get a RMC Trex, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will double post on this forum.
JT2002

User avatar
 
Posts: 76
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Location: Gurnee, IL

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Privacy Policy About Us Copyright Disclaimer E-Mail SFGAmWorld
COPYRIGHT - SFGAmWorld.com
All content and images on this site are Copyright 2001 - SFGAmWorld.com and may not be used without permission.
This is NOT the official site of Six Flags Great America, SFGAmWorld.com is not affilated or endorsed by Six Flags Great America.
SFGAmWorld.com does not make any guarantee on the accuracy of the information on this website and cannot be held responsible by the use of this information.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. ®, TM and © . The official Six Flags site can be found at SixFlags.com
BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of © DC Comics.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.©
The Wiggles Pty Ltd. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.